Discussion Are all the other worlds the Son framed, sterile?

Are all the worlds framed by the Son of God sterile?

• Total voters

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Asking for opinions on the question, are all the other worlds that the Holy One framed, sterile? Is there life on or in any other planets? Scripture is silent on this, and some think this in itself has authority. But here we are not cessationists and are more free to reason, taking the idea out of context of Isaiah 1. Reason and science.

But there are scriptures that suggest there is more. Such as Genesis 6 and the fathers of the Nephilim. And Job, in which the Sons of God appear before God, and Satan is there with them, but not at all one of them, and when asked, says he is from the Earth.

Angels are never called son and have sometimes the image of God but not the likeness, not inwardly. From Hebrews 1.

Romans mention all creation waits for our redemption. Only the Earth and a material universe?

Among trillions of galaxies and even more worlds framed, are they all sterile and barren? Is there life out there and maybe sons of God?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Asking for opinions on the question, are all the other worlds that the Holy One framed, sterile? Is there life on or in any other planets? Scripture is silent on this, and some think this in itself has authority. But here we are not cessationists and are more free to reason, taking the idea out of context of Isaiah 1. Reason and science.

But there are scriptures that suggest there is more. Such as Genesis 6 and the fathers of the Nephilim. And Job, in which the Sons of God appear before God, and Satan is there with them, but not at all one of them, and when asked, says he is from the Earth.

Angels are never called son and have sometimes the image of God but not the likeness, not inwardly. From Hebrews 1.

Romans mention all creation waits for our redemption. Only the Earth and a material universe?

Among trillions of galaxies and even more worlds framed, are they all sterile and barren? Is there life out there and maybe sons of God?
What speculation is this, that angels and Nephilim have anything to do with other worlds (even if there is life on other planets or other physical dimensions)? It seems obvious that you are not talking about spiritual dimensions...

As to the main question, though, from what I understand, even if there are exponentially more planets than we suppose, the odds estimated that conditions in any other place could cause life (as is supposed on this planet) are still overwhelmingly against life spontaneously happening.

However, if, as it seems you ask, GOD was to create other races on other planets, yes, he can do anything he pleases, but 'the odds' have nothing to do with it. My reasons to think he has not created physical sentient life, and particularly Sons of God, in other places, have nothing to do with 'the odds'.

The fact Scripture is silent on it is one reason, but not conclusive. The fact that Christ will set up his kingdom on this earth, and that the heavens will be rolled back as a scroll, give me some idea. But the sci-fi fool in me loves the idea of sentient life elsewhere, including sentient and morally responsible life. I love, for example, the CS Lewis space trilogy, not just for its spiritual implications, but as a simple story.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟161,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Heb 1:6 and again, when he brings in the firstborn into the habitable world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him.

That is the correct translation from the Greek.

There is only 1 inhabited world, but your free to think different if you like.

Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

I cast my vote for "yes simple life" because I wanted to make a point.

Species do not evolve, they were created by God, that goes for humans all the down to single cell organisms.

The presence of some bacteria somewhere in the cosmos causes me no concern, God has his reasons and we are not privy to the mind of God outside of his revealed word.

Humans are different, we were created by God in his image. There are no other worlds that have life created in the image of God, with an eternal soul.

The presence of other worlds with other beings, with their own DIFFERENT savior, is a Mormon belief that I was exposed to growing up. It's all I knew until I was 20 and serving in the Navy. I look back on it now and it all seems so comical.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Why does there have to be life on these other planets?
So far we have not detected planets that are capable of supporting life.

The vastness of the universe demonstrates to us something of the vastness of God. He created it to paraphrase scripture, ' He holds the universe in the palm of his hand.'

God delights in creation. Look at the trees, can you list all the varieties, ditto flowers, insects etc
He has lavished his creative ability on us.

So could there be plant life out there? Why should there be if there is no intelligent life for it to support?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
So could there be plant life out there? Why should there be if there is no intelligent life for it to support?
While I agree in principle with what you say up to here, this part sounds like the question, "If a tree falls in the forest, and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?".

God could easily make plant life for his own enjoyment; as you said, he delights in it. I think it would be foolish to think the only reason for plant life, even on this earth, is to sustain intelligent life.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
think it would be foolish to think the only reason for plant life, even on this earth, is to sustain intelligent life.

Foolish or intelligent reasoning.
We will not know untill we get to glory.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Romans 8,
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of [f]corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. NKJV.

Science has found possible inhabitable planets even around Proxima Centauri.

Dr Charles Hall claims to have encountered ET in the USAF.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Heb 1:6 and again, when he brings in the firstborn into the habitable world, he says, And let all God's angels worship him.

That is the correct translation from the Greek.

There is only 1 inhabited world, but your free to think different if you like.
This is not in Young's Literal Translation, "habitable".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟161,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You're quite correct, I didn't use Young's,...I corrected the text with the greek,...

Original: οἰκουμένη
- Transliteration: Oikoumene
- Phonetic: oy-kou-men'-ay
- Definition:
1. the inhabited earth
a. the portion of the earth inhabited by the Greeks, in distinction from the lands of the barbarians
b. the Roman empire, all the subjects of the empire
c. the whole inhabited earth, the world
d. the inhabitants of the earth, men
2. the universe, the world

There are a couple of versions that do translate it that way, The Emphasized bible, The Modern Literal version. I work on editing books in the bible and ran across that section when checking it with a Greek dictionary.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You're quite correct, I didn't use Young's,...I corrected the text with the greek,...

Original: οἰκουμένη
- Transliteration: Oikoumene
- Phonetic: oy-kou-men'-ay
- Definition:
1. the inhabited earth
a. the portion of the earth inhabited by the Greeks, in distinction from the lands of the barbarians
b. the Roman empire, all the subjects of the empire
c. the whole inhabited earth, the world
d. the inhabitants of the earth, men
2. the universe, the world

There are a couple of versions that do translate it that way, The Emphasized bible, The Modern Literal version. I work on editing books in the bible and ran across that section when checking it with a Greek dictionary.

With definition 2 being "the universe, the world" doesn't that mean it could mean any other planet in the universe as well?

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟161,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
With definition 2 being "the universe, the world" doesn't that mean it could mean any other planet in the universe as well?

Well normally scholars just translate it world,... but it does have a fuller meaning described in the definition. Sometimes scholars just take the easiest and most basic meaning of a word, as well as follow translations before them, rather than elaborate more on definitions.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Scripture is silent - therefore anything anyone offers is not authoritative, nor can you base an informed decision on.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Scripture is silent - therefore anything anyone offers is not authoritative, nor can you base an informed decision on.
Scripture is silent as a claim to scientific authority.
There are testimonies of people meeting ET, and Jesus revealing other sons of God to others still, out of the body.
The scriptures are 73 books or 66. It is not complete and doesn't cover all matters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Scripture is silent as a claim to scientific authority.
There are testimonies of people meeting ET, and Jesus revealing other sons of God to others still, out of the body.
The scriptures are 73 books or 66. It is not complete and doesn't cover all matters.
There are testimonies of such things that are authoritative?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There are testimonies of such things that are authoritative?
What do you mean by authoritative?
Absolute truth?
By logical exegesis and sola scriptura?
By the pope?
So that you know by putting your hand to what you look at?
Because it is Christ's word to another?
By scientific test?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
What do you mean by authoritative?
Absolute truth?
By logical exegesis and sola scriptura?
By the pope?
So that you know by putting your hand to what you look at?
Because it is Christ's word to another?
By scientific test?
One of the above? Which of the above? By some other way?

Do you consider them —any of them— to have equal or similar authority to the Scriptures? I know you consider scriptures incomplete. I don't know what your rudder is hinged on.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

Do you consider them —any of them— to have equal or similar authority to the Scriptures? I know you consider scriptures incomplete. I don't know what your rudder is hinged on.
Scripture and the lead of the Holy Spirit should render absolute truth.
Most people in church would consider sola scripture and logic as authoritative. However round here, people do not use sola scriptura and keep to old traditions, such as the Earth at the centre of the universe...
I am only influenced by the pope.
Thomas seeing the risen Lord and putting his hand to Jesus side is scripture more than the record, authoritative.
Jesus word to Howard Storm during his NDE is a testimony, but not authority to me, despite being certainty to Howard.
Science uses tests. So that one is up to the US air force. I think they actually have this now. If you could see the test results like seeing cells under a microscope, it is authoritative.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

For we who are continuists, scripture is not essentially complete, since the perfect thing to come is the glory of God in the face of Christ, when He returns, not the whole Bible.

Upvote 0