Feb 15, 2013
✟48,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The fathers meant by these words that all men are endowed by their Creator with equal rights, among these being life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. When a Government infringes upon these rights or acts toward their destruction it is within the rights of the people to cast off such a government and establish a new one in its place.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Even though Jesus answered her as he did. I am pretty sure she was asking that they sit on his right hand and left in her idea of some kind of earthly physical kingdom on earth. Something that is not going to happen.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Will there be a least to the greatest in heaven ?

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Will there be a least to the greatest in heaven ?
Don't know what we will find in heaven. That is speaking of the Kingdom of God which also encompassess the earth.

Upvote 0

Grandpa2390

The Grey
Feb 24, 2017
New Orleans
✟42,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Bible nowhere says that "all men are created equal", in those exact words. But it does say that God made of one blood all the nations of men (Acts 17:26), so no people-group is inherently superior. And all have sinned (Romans 3:23). Equality is not only ontological; it is an ethic: love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31).

so no people-group is inherently superior spiritually

I know we live in a politically correct society that wants us to believe we are all equal (not just spiritually or politically). but that is not the reality. not even in the same racial groups. some people are smarter, stronger, faster, etc. than others.
and when you talk about race, some races of people are genetically better adapted to certain environments than others.
such as the color of your skin versus the amount of sun.

I say all men are created equal in the eyes of God. that is spiritually. and by extension, politically. we all know that in practice it doesn't work out. those with the most money have the most vote, etc. but that doesn't mean the idea is wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't know what we will find in heaven. That is speaking of the Kingdom of God which also encompassess the earth.

IMO Some of those standing there would see the Kingdom of God come Jesus was talking about the transfiguration and it come and some of those standing there saw it . But when we are changed or resurrected at the twinkling of an eye is what begins the Kingdom for us and free from the world then beginning the new heaven and Earth .. There will be a least to the greatest but the least will be greatest beginning with our Lord .

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
But this can be because of beauty discrimination which has deeply ruined people from knowing how to love the way Jesus says to love.

"'Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.'" (John 7:24)

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.'" (1 Peter 3:4)

Look at how ones so beautiful can be deeply fearing older age when they fear that they won't look so nice. And they can worry about what they look like, while they are looking in the mirror; but that worry is ugly!!!! > while you are worrying, your ugly worry can make you look much worse than how you look while you are lovingly smiling at people . . . by the way :)

Ones can dread older age, because of how they feel ones won't like them so much after they look less beautiful. It is wise to not seek marriage and favor with people who do not know how to love you!! . . . and not to depend on what you look like, in order to try to get and keep love. The bait you use can be what chooses the fish you catch :)

I know extravagantly gorgeous women who know how to keep it in its place. They are not conceited, at all. And they relate with love and caring for any and all people, and they are humble, not trying to be more than anyone else. And they minister my attention to God and to loving any and all people; their spiritual effect is not to get me all whatever about what they look like; but they feed me their example of how to have compassion for people who have sin problems and other problems. Our attention needs to be to God and appreciating how beautifully wonderful He is in love :)
Yes, and in places in the Bible God tells us that a woman is very beautiful > 1 Samuel 25 < Abigail was beautiful, but David found out very quickly how there was so much more to her, than her beauty; and the Bible says Job's later daughters were very beautiful > Job 42:15. And God "gives us richly all things to enjoy." (in 1 Timothy 6:17) But in order to enjoy something, we need to keep it in its proper place . . . to humble however God blesses us, and not to allow it to have power over us >

"I will not be brought under the power of any." (in 1 Corinthians 6:12)

"Do not lust after her beauty in your heart," (in Proverbs 6:25)

It is wise to not let your beauty be what gets you somewhere with a person, because if beauty decides things, it is very possible that you will become involved with someone who does not know how to love you. Because beauty discrimination deeply degrades people to love the pleasure they want to use a beautiful person to get. And so they can be interested in using the beautiful person, instead of learning together with each other how to love the way Jesus has us discovering in His yoke >

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

In my case, beauty eyeballing still can get my attention away from really and attentively loving people; so yes I need much more correction about this, too.

Should a true Leftist who complains that all people don't have the same outcome - those who insist on "income redistribution", insist that the state redistribute beauty or IQ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
Russian Federal Subject of America
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do I hear Liberals screaming, day and night, that we do?

Because a lot of Christians don't embrace the social values taught by their faith, while liberals do. Liberals understand that society benefits by providing rewards in the form of unequal distribution of wealth, that is, giving people more money for investing time and money into education and developing skills, but that there is also a dignity in all people that does not punish them for lacking a capacity to being more valued by society.

Many Christians will claim to believe we are all created in the image of God and have a dignity which justice requires a living wage. Through this living wage, they are able to met the natural obligations they have to care for themselves and their families. A man that can become a medical doctor ought to be rewarded for realizing his potential. But a man with limitations should not find himself unable to care for his family simply because his potential is limited. If he contributes to society, he should enjoy its rewards, because no matter how limited he is, he is a contributer.

Many people call themselves Christians, yet embrace libertarian values that deny the dignity of human persons and their contributions, even if they are limited. It is true that some parts of my body are much more valuable than others and many take up more nutrients and oxygen than others. Yet, no man would neglect any part of his body because it contributes less. Many Christians, buying into corporate funded conservative propaganda in which greed is good, believe care can be denied based on value. If a person attempted with his body what we do in society, his whole body would end up becoming unhealthy and neglected. The worst part is, many Christians then punish the neglected parts of their body for being unhealthy.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians will claim to believe we are all created in the image of God and have a dignity which justice requires a living wage.

How have you arrived at this conclusion?

It is true that some parts of my body are much more valuable than others and many take up more nutrients and oxygen than others. Yet, no man would neglect any part of his body because it contributes less.

Also, no man would attempt to alter his body, so that all parts take up the same amount of nutrients or oxygen.

Rather than accuse others of not being Christians, or not living as Christians should, first understand your own legalism. Legalism is the antithesis of Gospel Christianity.

Upvote 0

Tony Hyman

Aug 8, 2017
Philipstown
✟21,792.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Because a lot of Christians don't embrace the social values taught by their faith, while liberals do. Liberals understand that society benefits by providing rewards in the form of unequal distribution of wealth, that is, giving people more money for investing time and money into education and developing skills, but that there is also a dignity in all people that does not punish them for lacking a capacity to being more valued by society...

Yes that is so true Jimmy

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes that is so true Jimmy

The key here is "social values " not government imposed "values" that ignore the first order of Biblical principle when it comes to human government. The limitation of its powers. Christians everywhere and unlike any other group of people on the planet practice the "social values" leftists claim they believe in. Christians just aren't about sending a swat team to your home fully prepared to cut you down if you resist government imposed "social values" of leftists and their schemes that magically always grow the size, scope and power of of human government towards despotism.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally I think people are equal as it relates to being human; none are more or less human. Then none are superior or inferior judging the existence of one or another. So people have the same rights being human and not to infringe upon those rights of others. This would require a society where people had an equal voice (representation) and equal opportunity (law); to have their say about their environment in which they live and to not be wrongly imposed upon in life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tony Hyman

Aug 8, 2017
Philipstown
✟21,792.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it's the world where people gauge you for what you have.The Christian life is different or it should be where in Christ "28.There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."(Gal.3,28-29).Sadly within some Christian, congregations, one also finds this tendency toward "what you have"and not what you are, which is simply a brother or sister in Christ, content with the blessings that God has given through His Grace no matter how large or small those blessings might appear from a
worldly point of view.But I believe these words of Paul are a lot easier said than done.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Should a true Leftist who complains that all people don't have the same outcome - those who insist on "income redistribution", insist that the state redistribute beauty or IQ?
These three things have nothing to do with if we were created equal. The equality is we all have God; we all can share with God and discover all He pleases to share with each of us personally.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What does it mean to be "created equal", and what doesn't that mean?
It doesn't mean that all men are equally capable of excelling at basketball, or loving a woman, or making money, or amassing capital. It doesn't mean that everyone has the same talents, or that everyone has equal opportunity regardless of culture and location and circumstance.

What it does mean is that all men are created in the image of our Creator, and as such are of immeasurable, inherent value, and thereby have certain rights, such as the right of life, the right of liberty, and the right to pursue their own path in life.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do all have the right to an equal outcome?
One would have to smoke a lot of opium to begin to believe that such a thing is even possible in the real world. It is a pipe dream to think so, and even as pipe dreams go, it is wildly unrealistic.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
One would have to smoke a lot of opium to begin to believe that such a thing is even possible in the real world. It is a pipe dream to think so, and even as pipe dreams go, it is wildly unrealistic.

I only those on the other side of the aisle would give up their pipe dream. . .

Upvote 0