Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Bible nowhere says that "all men are created equal", in those exact words. But it does say that God made of one blood all the nations of men (Acts 17:26), so no people-group is inherently superior. And all have sinned (Romans 3:23). Equality is not only ontological; it is an ethic: love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31).

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What does it mean to be "created equal", and what doesn't that mean?
It means that everyone should be treated equally.But,not everyone is created equally. For example,we all are not great scientists like Issac Newton. We all cannot compose great music like Mozart and Beethoven. And,we all certainly are not built like,and can play basketball like,LeBron James.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In any way that you would like.

Per the constitution, ... it means that all should have EQUAL RIGHTS.

For instance, the rights to LIFE, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of HAPPINESS ...

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟931,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. - - Genesis 1:27

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. - 1 John 3:1

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It means that everyone should be treated equally.But,not everyone is created equally. For example,we all are not great scientists like Issac Newton. We all cannot compose great music like Mozart and Beethoven. And,we all certainly are not built like,and can play basketball like,LeBron James.

Is that "fair"?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we all are not great scientists like Issac Newton. We all cannot compose great music like Mozart and Beethoven. And,we all certainly are not built like,and can play basketball like,LeBron James.

Is that "fair"?
Among other things, if one is given much, then much is required of him or her.

Also, we have abilities which are a big deal to humans, but not to God.

Take your pick >
1. You can have the ability to love any and all people, while you are not a great athlete.
2. Or, you are the world's greatest athlete, but you can not get along with your own spouse.

We all, with God, can become successful in loving. Our most important potential is equal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Take your pick >
1. You can have the ability to love any and all people, while you are not a great athlete.
2. Or, you are the world's greatest athlete, but you can not get along with your own spouse.

False dichotomy.

How is it fair that people are born with different abilities?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say it has nothing to do with what is fair. There are things which don't really matter, but worldly people make such a big deal out of certain abilities.

Certain abilities can get a lot of money, but this does not mean those abilities are really of great value. The money means only, maybe, that humans make a big deal out of it.

And, like I offer, the ability to love is much more important, and I mean how we become able to love, because of trusting in Jesus and getting real correction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I would say it has nothing to do with what is fair. There are things which don't really matter, but worldly people make such a big deal out of certain abilities.

Certain abilities can get a lot of money, but this does not mean those abilities are really of great value. The money means only, maybe, that humans make a big deal out of it.

And, like I offer, the ability to love is much more important, and I mean how we become able to love, because of trusting in Jesus and getting real correction.

I do not think that admiring someone for one's ability is always wrong or worldly. Many people,with their God-given abilities, have done a lot of good . For example,Jonas Salk,who invented the Salk Vaccine,prevented millions from catching polio.He was doing God's work.When Jesus walked the earth,Jesus cared for and healed sick people.Since these abilities come from God,it is God who gets the credit,and the glory for these great abilities.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
False dichotomy.

We(The Church) are all a part of the Body Of Christ. For example,we are not all eyes,or any other parts of the body.Different parts of the body have different functions.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

More than money, certain abilities and traits make life very easy for some. Women with beauty have countless advantages in life. God made them as He did. Did He not?

Upvote 0