Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I try to be vegetarian during fasting periods (no flesh or dairy) which occur 4 times a year, Lent, end of June, first two weeks of August and then Advent (Nov 15 to Christmas). Oh and most Wednesdays and Fridays. I lean paleo due to diabetes. I dont need to be worried about gluten thankfully.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to be vegetarian during fasting periods (no flesh or dairy) which occur 4 times a year, Lent, end of June, first two weeks of August and then Advent (Nov 15 to Christmas). Oh and most Wednesdays and Fridays. I lean paleo due to diabetes. I dont need to be worried about gluten thankfully.

JS: I do worry about gluten because so many food, grain flours, oats, nuts and seeds can be cleaned or chopped or ground along side wheat. Often I found so-called gluten free foods that have "wheat possible" in small print. Didn't anyone tell them if wheat is a possible contaminate its not gluten free?

Still I suspect my going diagnosed for fifty eight years (though I only ate gluten for 35 years) could be why I at high risk for type II diabetes. Do you know its fats not sugar that puts us at risk? I been curious to know if the kind of fat matters but haven't found out yet. I post here if I do.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
JS: I do worry about gluten because so many food, grain flours, oats, nuts and seeds can be cleaned or chopped or ground along side wheat. Often I found so-called gluten free foods that have "wheat possible" in small print. Didn't anyone tell them if wheat is a possible contaminate its not gluten free?

Still I suspect my going diagnosed for fifty eight years (though I only ate gluten for 35 years) could be why I at high risk for type II diabetes. Do you know its fats not sugar that puts us at risk? I been curious to know if the kind of fat matters but haven't found out yet. I post here if I do.

Ive been diabetic type 2 for 13 years now. It is more of the sedentary lifestyle that I have as an IT guy. I did pick up some resistance bands, and I walk my hospital to help with the weight. I started with the Mediterranean diet at the beginning of the year as well and dropped my A1C by 1.5 points. So seafood and vegetables and some fruit has really helped.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive been diabetic type 2 for 13 years now. It is more of the sedentary lifestyle that I have as an IT guy. I did pick up some resistance bands, and I walk my hospital to help with the weight. I started with the Mediterranean diet at the beginning of the year as well and dropped my A1C by 1.5 points. So seafood and vegetables and some fruit has really helped.

Excellent, I glad to hear that. I held off Diabetes by reducing my fat well below 30 % and eating very little sugar (none added to food except stevia. I also eat heavily vegetarian because of poverty not choice but have meat fr special times of the year, usually chicken. I also eat a lot of salmon and use flax seed in my cereal and vegetable smoothies.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The other thing is getting further away from processed foods.

JS: I'm on a no sugar, no gluten, no walnuts or peanuts and low fat diet. On that diet there are very, very few processed foods out there to begin with to get further away from.

Upvote 0