Are all angels of the bible men??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey balaams ***! whats up bro?
how the project boards been? i dont go there much anymore.

ok,
HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU PEOPLE GET THAT ANGELS ARE SEXLESS!?
it says they dont marry, but in no way does that mean they cant have sex! or that they are sexless at all, it dont say it.
im not married, but im not sexless!

in heavon we wont marry,
but paul said we would HAVE OUR OWN BODY, so we will still have all our genitals. we will continue as we were born. 1 cor 15.35-38.

Upvote 0
dudes,
what do you guys think STRANGE FLESH MEANS?
jude 6-7
the angles...he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
EVEN AS sodom and gommorah and the other cities IN LIKE MANNER (LIKE THE ANGLES) GIVING THEMSELVES OVER TO FORNICATION AND GOING AFTER "STRANGE FLESH"....

strange flesh, flesh not like their own, angels and humans, compared to men with men or other abominable things.
i see it clear, i read it, you say its not there, i say it is.
i guess its how we choose to read it.
but you must admit that i do have a reason for believing the way i do.
you guys act like this scripture cant possibly mean angels had sex, but you only say that BECUASE YOU BELIEVE THEY ARE SEXLESS so you try and justify this scripture that way, but you have no evidence to say they are sexless.
you base this all on your own assumptions and explanations. not anything you find in scripture, or atleast you havent produced such evidence yet.

Upvote 0
yeah, I knew it was you.
I too don't go to that forum much cuz its slow.

Your right, its all my speculation. You have "you know what" cuz your human, and humans were designed for reproduction. Whereas angels don't marry, that prolly means no reproduction, that means theres no point for "u know what", that means no "You know what". Thats all how I see it , I'm prolly wrong but oh well. I don't really care about it anymore.

Jude 7,
read it again, "in like manner" is refering to the "other cities" being like "Sodom and Gomorah", that is, those cities around S&G are "you know what" like it.

EDIT: edit a few words to save M.O.G. a whole lot of explanations to his kids. :D :D :D :D :cool:

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
I have to agree with the idea that "in like manner" in Jude is refering to the cities, and strange flesh is probably referring to homosexuality. However, like Psalms I have idea that the "sons of God" referred to in Genesis may have been angels, though I have also heard that explained as the sons of the righteous line of Seth going down the the daughters of the unrighteous line of Cain. I had read long ago that nephilim meant some sort of angel, but looking it up in hebrew, the various words for the giants all just mean mighty warrior, or most often of all, a strange word that is based off of the word for repairing, basically meaning vigorous.

To make a long story short, I don't know for sure! :) But it's interesting stuff.

Upvote 0

anointedemcee

Jan 28, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Verse 6 in Jude is very clearly talking about angels, and verse 7 is also talking about angels saying what they were doing was "as Sodom and Gomorrah" and in "like manner" of Sodom and Gomorrah. This verse is referring to the similar acts between angels and Sodom and Gomorrah. In Genesis 6, the sons of God refers to angels and these acts of immorality. And 2 Peter 2:4 also talks about the judgment of these sinful angels. I love you folks. Peace.

Upvote 0

Matthan

Veteran
Aug 21, 2004
Upstate New York
✟2,689.00
Faith
Baptist
Based on what is found in the Bible, we know that angels are:
1. created by God in His image
2. spiritual in nature
3. able to be sexually active (see Genesis)
4. not perfect, as God, but also subject to some sort of "free will" nature.

They have a lot of other attributes, but I believe these suffice for this thread.

Matthan <J><

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Angels are neither male or female. But I do think it's interesting that God chose to present all the angels in the bible in male imagery. Just like God Himself who is neither male or female, He told us to call Him Father. I believe there is spiritual as well as practical significance to that. One thing for sure, the common stereotype of angels in modern art and figureines is probably not accurate. They are almost always female looking; physically weak and feminine. :angel:

Upvote 0

tribbleskypilot

Jan 28, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The word angel describes 3 different things .

The word evangelist means " messenger " and so does angel

The word angel means " pastor " and the word pastor means " shepherd " .

The word angel can describe an angelic being as in " The Angel of the LORD "

A messenger as appeared to Mary , Joseph and Paul

The angels that appeared to Lot looked like men .

So we see that angel is a word for any type of messenger whether heavenly or earthly ! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.