Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This Next Sabbath has a very important issue. For a counterpoint to the Lesson study guide on this lesson see: The Meaning of Christ’s Death

The lesson asks how would you explain to a 10 year old the meaning of Christ's death, that is how do you explain Christ death in relation to salvation/reconciliation. Are there any here who would care to share how they would explain to a 10 year old?

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RC_NP,

There has been nothing posted here by an approved teacher that gives you any reason to ask any question, and because of that fact your post is against our FSGs. You are baiting and trolling! PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE AGAIN!

Doc
That is ok as most of us Adventist have a copy of the Lesson Study Guides and or know where they are posted on the internet for review. So the question is asked in the lesson study guide and I would be interested in hearing some explainations that people here would use to answer the question in the lesson study guide.

Unless of course no one but a teacher is allowed to use this thread, and I see by the FSG that it is not for debate and I have not offered any debate with my reference to the question or a link to an article about the lesson study guide for this week.
The New Adventist/Bible Study sub-forum is mainly a Bible study forum for new members or advanced studies and the study of the daily Sabbath School Lesson and does not allow any debate

Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"That is ok as most of us Adventist have a copy of the Lesson Study Guides and or know where they are posted on the internet for review. So the question is asked in the lesson study guide and I would be interested in hearing some explainations that people here would use to answer the question in the lesson study guide.

Unless of course no one but a teacher is allowed to use this thread, and I see by the FSG that it is not for debate and I have not offered any debate with my reference to the question or a link to an article about the lesson study guide for this week."

Since you are asking for opinions from those who already have access to the above mentioned SS Lesson then your questions should be placed in the main forum not in a teaching sub-forum.

Doc

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the study of the daily Sabbath School Lesson and does not allow any debate

Being the issue is an answer to the question posed in the lesson study guide this seems like the proper place it being related to the subject, is there another thread that deals with the lesson study guide weekly lesson, if so please provide me the link and I can post my question there as well.

Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As stated previously the main forum is the proper place for such discussion.
"Being the issue is an answer to the question posed in the lesson study guide this seems like the proper place it being related to the subject, is there another thread that deals with the lesson study guide weekly lesson, if so please provide me the link and I can post my question there as well."
Also as previously stated there is no current SS Lesson posted for comment in this sub-forum.

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you are saying the whole purpose of this section is to simply cut and paste the Sabbath School Lesson Study Guide from where it is posted on http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/qrtrly.html
And if no one has cut and pasted that then nothing can be asked in this section?

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you are saying the whole purpose of this section is to simply cut and paste the Sabbath School Lesson Study Guide from where it is posted on http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/qrtrly.html
And if no one has cut and pasted that then nothing can be asked in this section?

RC,

Doc, is asking nicely, as this lesson is done I will be archiving it. When Doc gets full access he will continue with the lessons..

Upvote 0

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you plan on archiving this thread before the quarter is over? Really I don't see the point in asking anything nicely if what is asked is nonsensical.

But I respect yours and Doc wishes to not allow anyone to express ideas concerning the Sabbath school lessons in the Sabbath School lesson sub-forum. I don't understand the reasoning behind it however. but as no one over here seems to be able to answer the simple question anyway I will leave you to guard this sub-forum from any use.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you plan on archiving this thread before the quarter is over? Really I don't see the point in asking anything nicely if what is asked is nonsensical.

But I respect yours and Doc wishes to not allow anyone to express ideas concerning the Sabbath school lessons in the Sabbath School lesson sub-forum. I don't understand the reasoning behind it however. but as no one over here seems to be able to answer the simple question anyway I will leave you to guard this sub-forum from any use.

I archive it every week.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RC_NewProtestants

Senior Veteran
May 2, 2006
Washington State
Visit site
✟18,250.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here it is almost three months later...Remember when I tried to discuss something about the lesson study guide here. I was accused of violating the forum rules. Really why talk about the Sabbath School Quarterly when the subforum could just sit here doing nothing.

Ah memories.

Upvote 0

Man-ofGod

Giving glory to the most high.
May 23, 2008
✟15,716.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Need some help with the prophecy lesson.

In the Beginning
In the Garden of Eden God spoke with Adam and Eve face to face. “And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day” (Gen. 3:8). However, after that fateful day, when they blatantly disobeyed their Lord, they no longer were allowed to enjoy His presence (Gen. 3:23, 24), and their face-to-face communion with Him ended.
What do the following texts tell us about face-to-face encounters with God? Gen. 18:1–15; 32:30; Exod. 33:11; Judg. 6:22; Judg. 13:2, 3.

Frequently the Old Testament identifies the Angel of God or the Angel of the Lord with God Himself. Jacob refers to God and the Angel in the same way (Gen. 48:15, 16); the Angel of the Lord appears to Moses in the burning bush, yet, it is God who speaks to him (Exod. 3:2–6); the Angel who appeared to Gideon is identified with God (Judg. 6:11–14); and the same is true of the Angel of the Lord who appeared to Manoah and his wife (Judg. 13:11-22). Whenever God manifested Himself to human beings in a bodily form, it was always in a humanlike manifestation.
In John 1:18 John says, “No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” The Divine being, therefore, Who appeared to the people in the Old Testament must have been Jesus, not the Father. Ellen G. White tells us that “after the transgression of Adam, the Lord spoke no longer directly with man; the human race was given into the hands of Christ, and all communication came through Him to the world. It was Christ who spoke the law on Mount Sinai.”—Fundamentals of Christian Education, pp. 237, 238.

Now is the implication about Jesus Christ in these passages? Thanks.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Need some help with the prophecy lesson.

In the Beginning
In the Garden of Eden God spoke with Adam and Eve face to face. “And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day” (Gen. 3:8). However, after that fateful day, when they blatantly disobeyed their Lord, they no longer were allowed to enjoy His presence (Gen. 3:23, 24), and their face-to-face communion with Him ended.
What do the following texts tell us about face-to-face encounters with God? Gen. 18:1–15; 32:30; Exod. 33:11; Judg. 6:22; Judg. 13:2, 3.

Frequently the Old Testament identifies the Angel of God or the Angel of the Lord with God Himself. Jacob refers to God and the Angel in the same way (Gen. 48:15, 16); the Angel of the Lord appears to Moses in the burning bush, yet, it is God who speaks to him (Exod. 3:2–6); the Angel who appeared to Gideon is identified with God (Judg. 6:11–14); and the same is true of the Angel of the Lord who appeared to Manoah and his wife (Judg. 13:11-22). Whenever God manifested Himself to human beings in a bodily form, it was always in a humanlike manifestation.
In John 1:18 John says, “No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.” The Divine being, therefore, Who appeared to the people in the Old Testament must have been Jesus, not the Father. Ellen G. White tells us that “after the transgression of Adam, the Lord spoke no longer directly with man; the human race was given into the hands of Christ, and all communication came through Him to the world. It was Christ who spoke the law on Mount Sinai.”—Fundamentals of Christian Education, pp. 237, 238.

Now is the implication about Jesus Christ in these passages? Thanks.

Since Christ was there with the Father, and sin cannot be with the Father, Christ had to be the intermediatery and thus the many references to the Angel of God or the Angel of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Man-ofGod

Giving glory to the most high.
May 23, 2008
✟15,716.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Since Christ was there with the Father, and sin cannot be with the Father, Christ had to be the intermediatery and thus the many references to the Angel of God or the Angel of the Lord.

Are we to assume from these text then that when the Angel was referred to as Lord, that was Jesus, and all other examples they were true Angels? Thanks.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟424,731.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are we to assume from these text then that when the Angel was referred to as Lord, that was Jesus, and all other examples they were true Angels? Thanks.

That would be my inclination, I will see what I can find in the SOP..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums