Archdiocesan of Newark Investigates After 10 Rectories Allegedly Linked to Location-Based Hookup App

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Archdiocese of Newark says it will investigate the possibility of clerical sexual misconduct, in response to questions from The Pillar about the use of location-based hookup apps at several parish rectories in the archdiocese.

While a spokesperson told The Pillar it is “not acceptable” to use apps “inconsistent with Church teaching,” the archdiocese has also expressed concerns about the “morally suspect” collection of app signal data.

“The inappropriate use of any app or communication tool would pose a concern in any circumstance and for any community. Although the use of such an app, and its use in a specific location, does not provide direct evidence of any specific activity, the Archdiocese of Newark takes seriously all complaints of misconduct or abuse by members of the clergy, religious, lay staff and volunteers of the Archdiocese,” Maria Margiotta, spokeswoman for the Archdiocese of Newark, told The Pillar on Friday.

Continued below.
Newark archdiocese to investigate app use allegations

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Homosexuals need to stop being allowed to use the priesthood to run from their problems.

But it’s not like it was 40 years ago. Someone who is gay can live openly in society with no issues. It’s odd that some choose to go into the seminary then feel it is ok to hook up on grindr.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Someone who is gay can live openly in society with no issues.

Because if you say anything to them about what the bible says about it, you'll be charged with a "hate crime" and likely fired from your job, evicted from your apartment, and beaten up by Antifa. They live openly in society with no issues because they now enjoy special rights that aren't so much on the books, but are enforced by the leftist elements in the society. They have their "pride" parades where they grind on each other essentially naked and oftentimes this is done in front of children, but don't you dare say anything about it or remind them of where they're likely to be headed after death if they don't repent and change their ways! That's the same as being Adolf Hitler and engineering the holocaust in the minds of the left and it's a shame, because while the church teaches that homosexuality is fundamentally disordered and is to be condemned, it also teaches that a person can with help of the sacraments, move past their homosexual orientation to live a life of chastity. The Catholic church is probably the only branch of Christianity that doesn't say that a person has to change their orientation, but gives them aid on coping with it.

It’s odd that some choose to go into the seminary then feel it is ok to hook up on grindr.

What bothers me about that, is that they think that it's somehow ok to violate the vows of celibacy and chastity if it's a homosexual encounter. Which I think is the reason that when you hear about priests molesting, it's always a boy child. Somehow homosexuality "isn't the same" as if they were outright having sex with a woman, and while I don't want to see priests breaking their vows at all, I want to know why so many of the ones that do, seem to think that it's excusable because their encounters are homosexual in nature.

Either way, I want it to stop because I'm sick of the "Oh you're Catholic? Did the priest ever give you the special communion in the confessional?" comments from people. It wasn't a priest that molested me and tried to recruit me into the homosexual lifestyle, it was a friend's father who also happened to be a big time player in the local Southern Baptist church (the same one that went through like 3 youth pastors because they kept getting teenage girls pregnant). I've never felt anything other than safe in the church, and I think that's a big part of why I keep coming back when I fall away. The church has always been the castle I can flee in to when life gets too difficult, the trick is not falling away when times are easy.

Upvote 0