Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I did a quick Google of EOC abuse, came across a reference to a dead site and found what I think is the most recent archive of it. Haven't reviewed it much yet. The commentary on it that I found the reference to the site said it was at a much lower rate than other denominations. The site covers both EOC and Eastern Catholics.

A Welcome to Survivors of Abuse - Pokrov

Abuse will happen in any organization, a good organization does it's best to keep it to a minimum and deal with it in a responsible and appropriate way (part of keeping it as minimal as possible is by making the environment difficult for a predator to deal with, such as swift justice.)

The public schools are far, far worse than the Church, but don't get almost any negative publicity for it.

I ran into more about issues with Orthodoxy Judaism than the EOC in my search before I stumbled over it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The public schools are far, far worse than the Church, but don't get almost any negative publicity for it.
There is zero money to be made suing the public schools. There is little money suing any Protestant groups or suing an Orthodox diocese for that matter. The lawyers follow the money.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There is zero money to be made suing the public schools. There is little money suing any Protestant groups or suing an Orthodox diocese for that matter. The lawyers follow the money.

Lawsuits are one thing, but media doesn't care to investigate or report either.

Although, with the Orthodox and the Jews, there is at least some of their own media sites willing to so, nothing exists to hold public schools accountable. They aren't even required to keep statistics or centralize records about abuse. Nor do they have anonymous victim helplines or any other such accountability service.

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lawsuits are one thing, but media doesn't care to investigate or report either.

The media has it's marching orders from the democrat party and they are absolutely not going to deviate from those orders whatsoever. The orders are to denigrate conservatives, Christians, and Whites at every possible opportunity and socially engineer the current generation of children to hate themselves and their parents.

Upvote 0