• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Archaeologists uncover a gate from the time of King David

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+22,198
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,448
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    And in a similar vein, I got this in my email in box today:

ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND TOWN WHERE FUTURE KING DAVID TOOK REFUGE FROM SAUL:In a finding sure to inflame the debate about the historicity of the biblical King David, an international team of archaeologists claims to have identified the lost city of Ziklag. Based on artifacts and carbon 14 dating results of excavations since 2015, scholars proposed this week that the archaeological site of Khirbet a-Ra‘i in the Judaean foothills is the site of the elusive Philistine town. According to a joint press release from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and the Israel Antiquities Authority, archaeologists discovered remains of a Philistine settlement from the 12-11th centuries BC that was followed by a rural settlement dating to the early 10th century BC, which is in keeping with the biblical account. Carbon 14 dating supports the archaeologists’ timeline and identification, according to the press release. (Times of Israel) No matter what part of the land in which you might find yourself, Israel will unfold evidence of her ancient past and innovative future. “For Your servants take pleasure in her stones, and show favor to her dust.” Ps. 102:14

Archaeologists say they found town where future King David took refuge from Saul

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Michie

+22,198
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks for posting Dave! :)

4. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,370
    Christian
    Single
    This place is a couple of miles from the Sea of Galilee near a shallow ford of the Jordan River. It is about six miles from Capernaum where Jesus stayed after leaving Nazareth. Bethsaida was the hometown of Peter, Andrew and Philip. It is a national park.

5. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+14,448
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    You are certainly welcome.

I absolutely LOVE it when archeologists find support for the biblical narrative.

6. Michie

+22,198
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, I do too. Can't find it fast enough for me!