✟19,750.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey,

I found this version of Hallelujah in Arabic and I wanted to know if it is okay to hear this version.

In the comments, a lot of people say that this is the muslim version, but I can't see the evidence of it.

He says "Ya Elahi" instead of "Hallelujah" but we all know that Jesus mercy be upon him, said Elahi too.

So what do you guys think ?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arabic is a language, not a religion.
Agreed.

But this song, even in the original English, leaves a lot to be desired, spiritually speaking.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Agreed.

But this song, even in the original English, leaves a lot to be desired, spiritually speaking.
Which could explain why I neither recommended nor discouraged listening to it. To some it would be benign; to others maybe not.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟334,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The words are significantly different from the English original, so this isn't a translation of the song into Arabic; it's a new set of words to the original tune.

The ideas in these words are consistent with Christian spirituality, so I'd say it's fine to listen to.*

The ideas are probably also consistent with Muslim spirituality, but I'd want a Muslim to comment on that.

*Note: I think it's actually fine to listen to words that one disagrees with, but the original post seemed to be asking if the words were "safe" to listen to, in the sense of consistent with Christian belief.

• Agree
Reactions: Luke50
Upvote 0