Arab Confederation

Duke Nukem

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
✟2,399.00
Faith
Christian
Psalm 83 contains an intriguing prophecy of many Middle Eastern nations that appears to be as yet unfulfilled and to possibly tie in with end-time events. If so, it foretells a confederation of Arab nations that are determined to eliminate Israel.

"They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, and consulted together against Your sheltered ones. They have said, ‘Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, that the name of Israel may be remembered no more.’ For they have consulted together with one consent; they form a confederacy against You: The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites; Gebal, Ammon and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; Assyria also has joined with them" (verses 3-8).

These biblical names are significant when we understand the areas and peoples to which this prophecy refers. Edom includes the Palestinians and some of the Turks. The Ishmaelites, descendants of Ishmael, are many of the Arab peoples throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Moab is the area of central Jordan. The Hagrites appears to refer to other descendants of Hagar, mother of Ishmael.

Gebal, meaning “mountain” or “boundary,” is commonly equated with the Phoenician city of Byblos, modern Jubayl in Lebanon. Ammon refers to northern Jordan around Amman, the capital (which gets its name from Ammon). Amalek appears to refer to a branch of Edomite Palestinians. Philistia is the area around what is today known as the Gaza Strip. Anciently Tyre was a major city-state in southern Lebanon along the Mediterranean coast. Assyria ethnically appears to refer to inhabitants of Central Europe who migrated there many centuries ago, while geographically Assyria is in what is today northern Iraq. The children of Lot refers to Moab and Ammon—again, regions of modern-day Jordan.

Arab unity has long been elusive, but slowly a common purpose is bringing the different peoples of the Arab world together. This common purpose is the desire to destroy the nation of Israel and its chief backer, the United States of America, along with the West’s liberal culture, long perceived as a threat to the Muslim way of life.

Azad

Aug 8, 2003
Paris
Visit site
✟369.00
Faith
Messianic
Duke Nukem said:
Psalm 83 contains an intriguing prophecy of many Middle Eastern nations that appears to be as yet unfulfilled and to possibly tie in with end-time events. If so, it foretells a confederation of Arab nations that are determined to eliminate Israel.

"They have taken crafty counsel against Your people, and consulted together against Your sheltered ones. They have said, ‘Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, that the name of Israel may be remembered no more.’ For they have consulted together with one consent; they form a confederacy against You: The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites; Gebal, Ammon and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; Assyria also has joined with them" (verses 3-8).

These biblical names are significant when we understand the areas and peoples to which this prophecy refers. Edom includes the Palestinians and some of the Turks. The Ishmaelites, descendants of Ishmael, are many of the Arab peoples throughout the Middle East and North Africa. Moab is the area of central Jordan. The Hagrites appears to refer to other descendants of Hagar, mother of Ishmael.

From what I can see, it is rather Israel that is trying to destroy the palestinian people than the other way around!

Now, Edom including turks???? are you nuts? turks are mongols,they live on the land of the Armenians and Assyrians. They've been living in the area for only 700years!

As for North Africans they are NOT arabs, but Berbers who have been arabized, ethnically a north african has mor to do with a spanish than an arab...

Upvote 0

Carico

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟22,071.00
Faith
Christian
The day that the Jews moved into israel in 1948, the Palestinians wanted them out. The Jews were willing to live side by side with the Palestinians, but the Palestinians would have no part of it. They'd rather die than live with the Jews. The Jews have no choice but to defned themselves or become extinct.

Upvote 0

mo.mentum

[One God]
Aug 9, 2003
Montreal
✟16,445.00
Faith
Muslim
Carico said:
The day that the Jews moved into israel in 1948, the Palestinians wanted them out. The Jews were willing to live side by side with the Palestinians, but the Palestinians would have no part of it. They'd rather die than live with the Jews. The Jews have no choice but to defned themselves or become extinct.
The Jews have ALWAYS lived in Palestine and the rest of the Middle-East! They've been living amongst Muslims side-by-side way longer than you think. While Europe has been persecuting Jews, the Muslim Caliphate opened its arms to them! Only when the British took over the area did the problems arise. Divide and Conquer, yes?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

First off, 1948 is the year the State of Israel was established not when Jews began to immigrate. When they immigrated they began buying massive amounts of land and kicking the Palestinian tenants off the land. This was not the way things were done in the Middle East. Prior to the British occupation, Tenants, not landowners had primary rights of land usage. Landowners really only owned the right to collect rents (taxes.) So Palestinians were in fact, being displaced which is what led to the massive rioting against Jewish immigration in the '30's.

How would you feel if a bunch of foreigners moved into your state, began evicting people right and left, broke off from the US and declared their independence? Would you not be trying to get rid of them?

From the Palestinians perspective, this is a simple issue. It was their land, European Jews took it. (I say European Jews, because Oriental Jews had always lived there.) Arabs see this as a fight against Western imperialism, not against the Jews per se.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

Sorry, but this Psalm is describing events during the time of the Assyrian Empire between the ninth and seventh century BC. As for the Palestinians, they are probably mostly descendants of the northern kingdom of Israel (only the urban elites were carried off into captivity by the Assyrians.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

merryheart

bookworm nerdgirl
Mar 1, 2004
Oregon, USA
✟13,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

you forgot to mention "according to the Israeli version"

according to the "palestinians version" it is the palestinians that were willing to live with them, but the jews kicked them out!

I'm not sure anyone who doesnt *LIVE* there ought to comment - since the news is notoriously biased

that said - and not living there myself either ^_^ i have to agree with Azad here.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I respectfully request that this misleading posting be removed. Psalm 83 refers to the event spoken about in chronicles 20:1-2. After all this is supposed to be a forum for informing Christians as well as the world at large.

This part of the forum is for dialogue between Christians and those of other religions. I don't think it would be appropriate for the mods to monitor the orthodoxy of people's posts. I think it is important to address posts like this because these kinds of distortions of prophecy are being used all over the internet to further Islamophobia.

Upvote 0

merryheart

bookworm nerdgirl
Mar 1, 2004
Oregon, USA
✟13,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This part of the forum is for dialogue between Christians and those of other religions. I don't think it would be appropriate for the mods to monitor the orthodoxy of people's posts. I think it is important to address posts like this because these kinds of distortions of prophecy are being used all over the internet to further Islamophobia.

besides - a forum is for discussion on points people disagree on. people who are more interested in truth than in an agenda can pick it out, and untruths when exposed to light of day tend to begin to look rather silly to thinking people. They are much more dangerous when hidden.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Does it really take prophetic vision to predict that a group of states might form a confederation? All the cities and nations you mentioned were already united once under the Arab Caliphate.

And during the Caliphate Jews were free to settle in and around Jerusalem. This is in contrast to the policy of the Christian Byzantine Empire which prohibited Jews from living there.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Now, Edom including turks???? are you nuts? turks are mongols

Uh, not Mongols. Mongols are a separate ethnic group originating further to the east. But you are right, they were nowhere near the Middle East at the time this
Psalm 83 was written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First off, 1948 is the year the State of Israel was established not when Jews began to immigrate. When they immigrated they began buying massive amounts of land and kicking the Palestinian tenants off the land. This was not the way things were done in the Middle East. Prior to the British occupation, Tenants, not landowners had primary rights of land usage. Landowners really only owned the right to collect rents (taxes.) So Palestinians were in fact, being displaced which is what led to the massive rioting against Jewish immigration in the '30's.
How would you feel if a bunch of foreigners moved into your state, began evicting people right and left, broke off from the US and declared their independence? Would you not be trying to get rid of them?
From the Palestinians perspective, this is a simple issue. It was their land, European Jews took it. (I say European Jews, because Oriental Jews had always lived there.) Arabs see this as a fight against Western imperialism, not against the Jews per se.

you forgot to mention "according to the Israeli version"

according to the "palestinians version" it is the palestinians that were willing to live with them, but the jews kicked them out!

Curious how people fret over ownership rights. For a Bahai, the answer is simple, respect your own qur'an and the word of your 'allah'. Will you now tell your 'allah' "stop! It belongs to palestinians", as I hear you doing now.

"And therefore, we said to the children of israel: dwell securely in the promised land... and we will gather you altogether." sura 17.104

"enter my people, the holy land which (allah) has assigned for you." sura 5.21

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but this Psalm is describing events during the time of the Assyrian Empire between the ninth and seventh century BC. As for the Palestinians, they are probably mostly descendants of the northern kingdom of Israel (only the urban elites were carried off into captivity by the Assyrians.)

That does not negate that they since intermarried with the heathen and taken up islam, forgetting their G*d.

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Arab unity has long been elusive, but slowly a common purpose is bringing the different peoples of the Arab world together. This common purpose is the desire to destroy the nation of Israel and its chief backer, the United States of America, along with the West’s liberal culture, long perceived as a threat to the Muslim way of life.

The common thread is islam, a religion that has been around a long time in fact. It has roots in the midianites and assyrian religions. I believe the psalm is prophetic and still valid. I saw this in Psalm 83,

"Do to their leaders what you did to Oreb and Zeeb; defeat all their rulers as you did Zebah and Zalmunna," Psalm 83.11
Now if I jump to Judges 8,
"Then Zebah and Zalmunna said , Rise thou, and fall upon us: for as the man is, so is his strength. And Gideon arose , and slew Zebah and Zalmunna, and took away the ornaments that were on their camels' necks." Judges 8.21
The word ornaments in hebrew is saharon, which means the crescent of a moon. The ornaments they used were shaped like the emblems muslims today adorn their mosques and nearly every arab flag. As in Judges and Psalm 83, the G*d of Abraham is Not the muslim 'allah', but would have all these idols of the moon thrown to the ground.

images
images
images

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prophecy is found throughout the Bible. A wise rabbi wrote this in the zohar, a compilation of the 13th century.
"Muslims will wage violent wars throughout the world at that time."
Descendents of moab, edom, ishmael and his sons, make up the nations named in Psalm 83. Prophecy was recently fulfilled against Iraq and babylon. I see it after reading Jeremiah 50.9,

"For, lo, I will raise and cause to come up against Babylon an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken : their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man ; none shall return in vain."

The iraq war was made up of a coalition of nations, the UN, as mentioned by Jeremiah. The smart bombs that were used earily sounds like the "arrows of a mighty expert" that always find their targets. Keep in mind Jeremiah was written 2700 years ago but this verse read like an MSNBC news update. Muslims, of course, were on the receiving end of this punishment. Reason enough I assume for denying the Bible.

Upvote 0