apparently Kim Jung Un was correct in his assessment of President Trump.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BARR: But, you know, here's the thing. For the first time in American history, the police organizations and the national security organizations were used to spy on a campaign and there was no basis for it. The media largely drove all kinds of sensational claims were being made about the president. That could have affected the election. And then and then later on in his administration, there were actions taken that really appear to be efforts to sabotage his campaign. And that has to be looked at. And if people want to say that I'm political because I am looking at those potential abuses of power, so be it. But that's the job of the attorney general.
AG Barr: "Very Troubled" By Durham Probe, Familiar Names Tried To Sabotage Trump Campaign

Hi DC,

Yes, that's what Barr said. However, Barr, the highest of the highest law enforcement person of the United States government, hasn't yet been able to prove any criminal charge to all of that. So far, the law enforcement agencies involved have given testimony that they were actively engaged in looking into some possible wrong doing of one, or possibly two, individuals that were involved with the Trump campaign. There has not been one single shred of evidence that Trump himself was being targeted. Not one single recorded conversation of Trump speaking to someone other than the one's who were targets. So far, there has not been one single shred of evidence to show that anyone, other than the specific targets were recorded.

Then Barr closes with the statement, "And then and then later on in his administration, there were actions taken that really appear to be efforts to sabotage his campaign." And yet and yet he cannot seem to muster up a single charge. Yes, I'm perfectly willing to wait until the Durham investigation is over, and perhaps you should, too, before coming out on one side or the other of that investigation. Remember, an investigation is what got all of this started and they don't always pan out the way some might hope. That's the job of law enforcement in this nation. They investigate possible claims of wrongdoing, but any alleged charges aren't always supported.

You're tying an entire theology of understanding on nothing more than an incomplete investigation, that honestly, isn't making near the noise that most such investigations at this level normally would. Remember too, that Trump started an investigation into his allegations of voter fraud and that one just quietly faded into black. No charges, no supporting evidence and we never even got any final report that I know of...the investigation just went away...kind of like Covid 19 just 'went away'.

Listen, I understand your rabid support of this presidency. Sadly, there are quite a lot of people who seem to have been taken in by this man of television fame, whose favorite line was to tell people on national television that they were fired. Who now tells people through worldwide social media that they are fired. Who does that? I mean really, in real life, what employer tells an employee that they're fired like it's some television show bit. Donald Trump is a mean, hateful, spiteful, degenerate man. You are welcome to support him, but rest assured that I will never support that 'type' of person, as the leader of my country.

God bless
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
that would be Biden who cannot remember much of anything.

Biden, for example, remembered what was done when he was involved in assembling the pandemic team in the Obama administration, and if Trump had taken his advice, the pandemic would be over by now.

Biden has years of baggage that is going to come out in the debate, once people know what Biden has done and failed to do in the past it will become obvious that they do not need him regardless of how likeable he might be.

I notice that the more the public learns about Trump and Biden,the wider Biden's lead grows. So you seem to have it exactly backwards.

He has to be the weakest candidate the liberals had available to them and maybe that is exactly what they want, in fact Biden is perfect as a front man.

Given his willfulness, I'd think that was a mistake. But Trump isn't the first to underestimate him, is he? His primary opponents had him written off, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and it turned out to be the way to victory for him.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So how do you explain the Durham investigation and two senate investigations?

So far, the republicans have been batting 0.00 when it comes to "investigations." No matter how you spin it, at the end you have to come up with a real crime, to do anything. And that is why all the Obama/Biden/Clinton "investigations" crashed and burned at the end. Either the democrats are the most brilliant criminals in the history of crime, the republicans are the worse lot of fools in the history of investigation, or all the imaginary crimes are just that.

I would like to hear your reaction when the Durham report is made public.

I suspect it will be "well, no democratic candidate/officeholder actually committed a crime, but we think they are just awful people." That's what Trey Gowdy ended up with after spending many millions of dollars on a political "investigation" of Clinton.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Biden, for example, remembered what was done when he was involved in assembling the pandemic team in the Obama administration, and if Trump had taken his advice, the pandemic would be over by now.

I notice that the more the public learns about Trump and Biden,the wider Biden's lead grows. So you seem to have it exactly backwards.

Given his willfulness, I'd think that was a mistake. But Trump isn't the first to underestimate him, is he? His primary opponents had him written off, but he knew exactly what he was doing, and it turned out to be the way to victory for him.
If Jim Clyburn had not endorsed him he would have not been seen as a viable candidate, he owes it all to Clyburn. When the public sees the baggage of Biden he will be sent back to spend the next term of Trump in the basement. He cannot escape his record. Biden wins crucial Jim Clyburn endorsement ahead of South Carolina primary

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
apparently Kim Jung Un was correct in his assessment of President Trump.

Donald J Trump is a man born in the wrong place at the wrong time - there are reasons why this President is held in contempt by the leaders of the Western democracies but "fell in love" with Kim Jung Un!

No president thinks that sticking his finger in the eye of a foreign dictator is the most promising way to bring that dictator to the negotiation table.

But in Trump's case, if he uses tact, he's criticized by his domestic opponents as being a "kindred spirit" of that ruler while if he instead tries to use pressure, he's accused of being a warmonger.

That's why people who have an open mind on the subject are not likely to be moved when they hear both accusations being made almost simultaneously.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So far, the republicans have been batting 0.00 when it comes to "investigations." No matter how you spin it, at the end you have to come up with a real crime, to do anything. And that is why all the Obama/Biden/Clinton "investigations" crashed and burned at the end. Either the democrats are the most brilliant criminals in the history of crime, the republicans are the worse lot of fools in the history of investigation, or all the imaginary crimes are just that.

I suspect it will be "well, no democratic candidate/officeholder actually committed a crime, but we think they are just awful people." That's what Trey Gowdy ended up with after spending many millions of dollars on a political "investigation" of Clinton.
Scandal No. 1: Massive, illegal surveillance of American citizens, using the database of the National Security Agency
Scandal No. 2: Spying on the Trump campaign
Scandal No. 3: Covering up this spying, continuing it during the new administration, charging that Trump was not legitimately elected, and impeding his presidency with major investigations, based on false charge

even the early results from the two investigations going on in the senate have produced facts that show illegal activity in the Obama administration.
By Charles Lipson - RCP Contributor
May 27, 2020
Amid the flurry of details about spying on Michael Flynn, lying to secret courts about Carter Page, leaking classified documents, and more, it’s easy to get lost in the muck. It’s important to stand back, identify the worst abuses, and explain why they matter for American democracy. These abuses didn’t simply follow each other; their targets, goals, and principal players overlapped. Taken together, they represent some of the gravest violations of constitutional norms and legal protections in American history. Whether you are Democrat or Republican, whether you like Donald Trump or loathe him, these violations matter.
Some call this debacle “Obamagate” since the key officials were his appointees and the White House was directly involved. But they got plenty of help. Some came from the permanent bureaucracy, especially in law enforcement and intelligence. Still more came from the mainstream media, which served as conduits for classified leaks aimed at Trump, his campaign, and then his presidency. For over three years, the media’s top story was “Trump colluded with Russia.” When that imploded after the Mueller Report, they moved on to impeachment
What the 'Obamagate' Scandals Mean and Why They Matter | RealClearPolitics!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What the 'Obamagate' Scandals Mean and Why They Matter | RealClearPolitics!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

If Jim Clyburn had not endorsed him he would have not been seen as a viable candidate, he owes it all to Clyburn.

Gee, we had no idea that Jim Clyburn had such clout nationwide. C'mon. He got a lot of endorsements, for the obvious reason; he's got a message that resonates with Americans, and he doesn't have Trump's ongoing cognitive issues.

When the public sees the baggage of Biden he will be sent back to spend the next term of Trump in the basement.

Technically, it's called "the White House Bunker." And since they put up more fences, Trump isn't hiding down there, any more.

But of course, Trump's record remains, and it's going to be a huge disability for him, even aside from his physical and mental difficulties.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You can post that as many times as you like, there are three investigations going on and some issues have been identified. It is only a matter of time until the truth catches up with the people who abused the justice system.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Gee, we had no idea that Jim Clyburn had such clout nationwide. C'mon. He got a lot of endorsements, for the obvious reason; he's got a message that resonates with Americans, and he doesn't have Trump's ongoing cognitive issues.

Technically, it's called "the White House Bunker." And since they put up more fences, Trump isn't hiding down there, any more.

But of course, Trump's record remains, and it's going to be a huge disability for him, even aside from his physical and mental difficulties.
You had "no idea that Jim Clyburn had such clout nationwide." Seriously??? I guess I should not be surprised but your statements reveal a lot about your knowledge on the political contest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
(Barbarian notes that dozens of republican "investigations" have come up with zero results)

You can post that as many times as you like, there are three investigations going on and some issues have been identified.

Ah, "issues have been identified." That's what Trey Gowdy said. Guess how that turned out.

It is only a matter of time until the truth catches up with the people who abused the justice system.

That's what has Barr sweating right now.
iu

'What had happened was wrong': DOJ lawyers accuse agency leaders of abusing power in Roger Stone case, other probes
Justice Department lawyers accuse AG William Barr of politicization

Justice may take a while, but it's coming.

Upvote 0