Apostolic Succession in Anglican Province of Christ the King?

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not a member of any Anglican or Episcopal Church, and I'm not Roman Catholic. My diplomatic answer when asked about controversies involving church denominations is to say that "The Christian Church is like a nest, and people find the corner of it where they feel comfortable, but everyone is a part of the nest." I feel like the Ordinariates are very reactionary, and for some reason my personality likes that kind of thing, but I'm not a member of one. I live in the State of Alabama, and I think the Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter has a parish in Mobile, which is not too close to where I live. I might have to go visit it sometime just to see, but as I said, it's far away from me. I was baptized and confirmed in the United Methodist Church, and I have also been "saved" in a Southern Baptist Church. My family history is basically the story of baptist communities in small towns and rural areas in the Southern United States. I have almost entirely Colonial family history from the East Coast of the now USA. The baptists were people who broke away from the Church of England of the Colonial Era as people moved into the Carolinas and into Georgia and Alabama and the rest of the south. To me, the most obvious answer to wanting to be a conservative is just to be baptist because my people already have a strong claim to that tradition anyway. I also have French Huguenot or French Protestant ancestry, and those people were among the earliest evangelists in the south, specifically in South Carolina and Tennessee. From that perspective, it really makes no difference what anyone in the Anglican Communion does or doesn't do because no one in my family would really recognize a gay marriage, and if a woman in my family thought she was "in charge of me," I would probably let her think that until she had pushed me so far that I literally had to put her in her place for my own well-being, and that actually happens. Good luck to all the Anglicans and your political controversies. I might come visit sometime just to see the show, which is why I asked the question in the first place about the Anglican Province of Christ the King.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I saw your first post as mainly a request for information about whether or not the APCK had retained Apostolic Succession. I regret that my reply didn't seem to settle the matter, but I definitely don't there's any reason for inter-Anglican disputes to be part of the thread. If you visit an APCK parish...great.

I would only suggest that the Continuing Anglican churches are much more alike than people think, so if you find a parish of the Anglican Catholic Church or the Anglican Province of America, or the Diocese of the Holy Cross, or the Orthodox Anglican Church nearer to you than that APCK one you mentioned, don't hesitate to give them a visit. The difference from the APCK would most likely be negligible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, I have visited three Episcopal Church churches in my local area, and I've been to All Saints Chapel for a service at the University of the South too, recently, which is in Tennessee. I live in Alabama. I've probably been to at least three Episcopal Church services in the past year, but I'm interested in visiting different churches too, which is where this thread and question came from. I have kind of an introverted personality, and it takes a lot out of me just to appear in the physical building in the first place, so a while ago I decided that visiting a service once a month is a goal for me. I am a member of a large Methodist Church, but it was probably almost a year ago that I was actually there. I don't remember which Sunday it was, but the minister preached about Jesus raising Larazus from the dead. Whenever "Laity Sunday" was, I visited another large Methodist Church in my area, so I guess I've been to two Methodist Churches this year, the one I'm a member of and the other large one near me. I've also visited a large Catholic parish church in town at least twice this year, a Catholic Benedictine monastery several times, and Mother Angelica's Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament, which I believe is run by nuns.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
open
I think the last church I actually went to was a Baptist Church in December, and I just went in there because they were having an organ concert. When I got home, I looked up on youtube my favorite song from the concert in the same arrangement on youtube, and I"ll put it below. It's usuallly a Christmas song, but I read on Wikipedia that it was originally considered to be dance music for the French nobility. The second video I'm posting is a
By the way, I have visited three Episcopal Church churches in my local area, and I've been to All Saints Chapel for a service at the University of the South too, recently, which is in Tennessee. I live in Alabama. I've probably been to at least three Episcopal Church services in the past year, but I'm interested in visiting different churches too, which is where this thread and question came from. I have kind of an introverted personality, and it takes a lot out of me just to appear in the physical building in the first place, so a while ago I decided that visiting a service once a month is a goal for me. I am a member of a large Methodist Church, but it was probably almost a year ago that I was actually there. I don't remember which Sunday it was, but the minister preached about Jesus raising Larazus from the dead. Whenever "Laity Sunday" was, I visited another large Methodist Church in my area, so I guess I've been to two Methodist Churches this year, the one I'm a member of and the other large one near me. I've also visited a large Catholic parish church in town at least twice this year, a Catholic Benedictine monastery several times, and Mother Angelica's Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament, which I believe is run by nuns.

The last time I went to a church service was December 17th, 2017, and it was actually an organ concert at First Baptist Church in Cullman, Alabama. I remembered it after my last post. Just for entertainment's sake, I'll put the program and a youtube version of my favorite song from the concert. It's the same arrangement, just a different organist playing it.
open
6ALNooLQTJg7TfKUO4xRgPCzx8RyRpXPme05E9C1XvFbXxpIHB3AA14xoFVmWltum8KkzXrImimwHQ=w1366-h662-rw

Upvote 0

Mary7

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2015
Mississippi
✟75,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
open

The last time I went to a church service was December 17th, 2017, and it was actually an organ concert at First Baptist Church in Cullman, Alabama.
open
6ALNooLQTJg7TfKUO4xRgPCzx8RyRpXPme05E9C1XvFbXxpIHB3AA14xoFVmWltum8KkzXrImimwHQ=w1366-h662-rw
My home town :)

Upvote 0