Apes differ in kinds of aggression; Man differs in kinds of words - they'll never be the same

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just to put it simply: Apes have different kinds of aggression, but Man has different kinds of words.

They will never be the same. Types of aggression (in apes), did not become types of words (in Man); types of words (in men) will never become types of an alternative (in some other creature) - (for example, types of words (in men) will never become types of shapes (in a secondary type of creature).

The whole issue about coming from apes, is that people can be provoked to aggression. Being angry is not a sign, that you are an ape or from an ape. You might as well be saying "the Moon is made of cheese". If you want to be aggressive, sure, follow an ape; but don't use words, that would make you look like what you already are: a man.

It is not meant to annoy you, that there is this difference. I am just saying for your own sake, don't go over the deep end with aggression, certainly not at the same time that you confuse when it will ever come to an end.

Gottservant said:
Words, by kind, are strongest (selah)

Wrath will come upon this generation, if you do not heed these words.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So just to put it simply: Apes have different kinds of aggression, but Man has different kinds of words.
What do you see in this picture?

220px-Columbine_Shooting_Security_Camera.jpg

Two aggressive great apes going wild? or two sinners yielding to "the murderer from the beginning"?

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Hi there,

Non human apes don't have words because they don't appear to have language... but aggression (and other emotional reactions) can be triggered by communication.

Humans also have this.

They will never be the same. Types of aggression (in apes), did not become types of words (in Man); types of words (in men) will never become types of an alternative (in some other creature) - (for example, types of words (in men) will never become types of shapes (in a secondary type of creature).

What do words have to do with shapes?

Language is a more complicated and abstract kind of communication, but it is clearly similar in use to that mound in other animals.

The whole issue about coming from apes, is that people can be provoked to aggression. Being angry is not a sign, that you are an ape or from an ape. You might as well be saying "the Moon is made of cheese". If you want to be aggressive, sure, follow an ape; but don't use words, that would make you look like what you already are: a man.

No. It's all the genetic, fossil and morphological evidence that demonstrates we are related to apes.

But body language and aggression are definitely similar in humans and other apes.

It is not meant to annoy you, that there is this difference. I am just saying for your own sake, don't go over the deep end with aggression, certainly not at the same time that you confuse when it will ever come to an end.

Humans are different to other apes, I don't think anyone disputes this... but they are also very similar when compared to the rest of the living things on this planet.

Wrath will come upon this generation, if you do not heed these words.

Words are useless if people can't communicate their meaning.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

Two aggressive great apes going wild? or two sinners yielding to "the murderer from the beginning"?
Cruelty, hopelessness, tragedy and waste.

It's an awful situation regardless if they are a pair of Homo sapiens who evolved on Earth or a pair of men created in the image of God.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,485.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Cruelty, hopelessness, tragedy and waste.
That's a given.

But those two in the foreground: great apes gone wild, or sinners in the hands of an angry demon?
Shemjaza said:
It's an awful situation regardless if they are a pair of Homo sapiens who evolved on Earth or a pair of men created in the image of God.
But surely you have an answer to my question, do you not?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Words are useless if people can't communicate their meaning.

I think you may have summarized every thread created by the OPer in a single sentence.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,325.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
That's a given.

But those two in the foreground: great apes gone wild, or sinners in the hands of an angry demon?But surely you have an answer to my question, do you not?
Given that I don't believe in anything like a literal "the murderer from the beginning", then the former is appropriate if somewhat manipulative in its wording.

In addition the phrase "the murderer from the beginning" is a wonderful way of describing an unfortunate aspect of humanity that has always been with us.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The point is there is no gradient of aggression (for apes), that becomes a gradient of words (for Man).

Are these words supposed to mean something?

What is a gradient of words? (How do words have a gradient?)

What is a gradient of aggression?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Are these words supposed to mean something?

What is a gradient of words? (How do words have a gradient?)

What is a gradient of aggression?

Gradient: gradual, increasing, protracting.

If I am angry at a peach and angry at an apple and angry at a grape, I do not develop an aggression towards fruit.

If I say "yes", then "almost", then "here", I do not develop a word "yes-almost-here" to supplant them.

The truth is, it doesn't even occur to me to be aggressive towards fruit, or to forget that words have utility on their own. If I have a choice, yes, then I change the utility of a word - a choice, not arbitrarily. With regard to words, I assess changing them on the basis of increasing the overall utility of a great deal more than enough words. The last thing I want is to be short a word, because I have confused the meaning of some of them!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Gradient: gradual, increasing, protracting.

If I am angry at a peach and angry at an apple and angry at a grape, I do not develop an aggression towards fruit.

If I say "yes", then "almost", then "here", I do not develop a word "yes-almost-here" to supplant them.

The truth is, it doesn't even occur to me to be aggressive towards fruit, or to forget that words have utility on their own. If I have a choice, yes, then I change the utility of a word - a choice, not arbitrarily. With regard to words, I assess changing them on the basis of increasing the overall utility of a great deal more than enough words. The last thing I want is to be short a word, because I have confused the meaning of some of them!

Other than your definition of "gradient", which is wrong, the rest is a incomprehensible babbling.

A gradient can be increasing or decreasing.
A gradient can be gradual or steep.
"Protracted" has nothing to do with gradients.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟297,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,501.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I am trying to explain to you, that I a man and nothing else.

You insist I should be more than a man, so prove how.

What adaptations would be more advantageous, if I was not just a man?

Yes, you are a man.

But you are also biologically an ape, which is a type of mammal which all humans and apes are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Neither.
I see a typical american phenomena of a school massacre taking place.

• Winner
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0