variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Technically, I think a concentration camp just refers to a makeshift or temporary space used to hold a high concentration of people...which isn't inaccurate.

The problem is people hear concentration camp and they think "mass murder" and nothing could be further from the truth. She's guilty of engaging in dangerous and divisive rhetoric.

Correct. Only 22 migrant children have died in ICE custody in the past 2 years and this is mostly due to poor medical treatment and shoddy conditions.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They absolutely are concentration camps.

The poor treatment of those inside the camps is also to be admonished.

The association with Natzi's should be avoided though, unless the trump administration starts executing people.

We're up to terrorizing small children though so it's not a difficult stretch in my opinion.

Well those children are being smuggled in under fraudulent pretenses.

DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

We're talking about thousands of children who are trafficked because our laws allow people claiming to be their parents to stay.

I guess that since you want this to stop....and you're against widespread child trafficking....you're pushing for Democrats to change our asylum laws?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Correct. Only 22 migrant children have died in ICE custody in the past 2 years and this is mostly due to poor medical treatment and shoddy conditions.

Well those conditions are a result of an unprecedented number of illegal children smuggled here and trafficked by cartels.

I can't blame the agencies for not having supplies denied them by Democrats who refuse to acknowledge the problem.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well those conditions are a result of an unprecedented number of illegal children smuggled here and trafficked by cartels.

I can't blame the agencies for not having supplies denied them by Democrats who refuse to acknowledge the problem.

We have the resources. It's mostly crass indifference that is killing these children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,063.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Never stated it was a hypothetical.
I asked a question.
Yes you did. You implied that just because they argued that they don't have to provide soap and toothbrushes doesn't mean that they weren't. WHich isn't how the legal system works.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well those children are being smuggled in under fraudulent pretenses.

DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

We're talking about thousands of children who are trafficked because our laws allow people claiming to be their parents to stay.

I guess that since you want this to stop....and you're against widespread child trafficking....you're pushing for Democrats to change our asylum laws?

I would rather the children be treated well when they are under OUR custody since that was what I was talking about, you know, instead of your derail.

The asylum system it'self could use some more resources that's for sure.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would rather the children be treated well when they are under OUR custody since that was what I was talking about, you know, instead of your derail.

You're ok with child trafficking as long as they get a toothbrush at the end of their journey?

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes you did. You implied that just because they argued that they don't have to provide soap and toothbrushes doesn't mean that they weren't. WHich isn't how the legal system works.
I didn't imply anything.
I asked questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟293,730.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You're ok with child trafficking as long as they get a toothbrush at the end of their journey?

Have I said anything about child trafficking or are you just trying as hard as you can to bait me?

I'm not OK with discouraging it by treating children awfully once there here. In those cases we've rescued children and are treating them like prisoners.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If we are institutionalizing them at the end of their journey then it is better to treat them humanely than not. Do you think that trafficked children don't deserve toothbrushes?

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.