✟346,393.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Question for the AOC defensive team here:

Please show one time in the last 75 years the term concentration camp was used and not connected to a death camp.

I don't believe it has ever happened, but feel free to prove me wrong.
"As a member of President Roosevelt's administration, I saw the United States Army give way to mass hysteria over the Japanese...Crowded into cars like cattle, these hapless people were hurried away to hastily constructed and thoroughly inadequate concentration camps, with soldiers with nervous muskets on guard, in the great American desert. We gave the fancy name of 'relocation centers' to these dust bowls, but they were concentration camps nonetheless."

A | More | Perfect | Union

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Question for the AOC defensive team here:

Please show one time in the last 75 years the term concentration camp was used and not connected to a death camp.

I don't believe it has ever happened, but feel free to prove me wrong.
You've honestly never heard of the Japanese internment during WWII?

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in concentration camps in the western interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[5] people of Japanese ancestry, most of whom lived on the Pacific coast.
Internment of Japanese Americans - Wikipedia

What do I win?

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've honestly never heard of the Japanese internment during WWII?

The internment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II was the forced relocation and incarceration in concentration camps in the western interior of the country of between 110,000 and 120,000[5] people of Japanese ancestry, most of whom lived on the Pacific coast.
Internment of Japanese Americans - Wikipedia

What do I win?

You do know anyone can post in wiki. Right?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Nazis were not the only people that had concentration camps. Please define what a concentration camp is.

Already have. Verbatim right out of the dictionary

Reactions: ItIsFinished!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It amazes me the lengths people go to, to defend an inflamatory statement made to be inflamatory, not hyperbole that is egregious and offensive, not to Trump supporters, but to holocaust survivors and their families.

She should come with a disclaimer:

Anything I say cannot be disputed by anyone. Including leadership in my own party.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It amazes me the lengths people go to, to defend an inflamatory statement made to be inflamatory, not hyperbole that is egregious and offensive, not to Trump supporters, but to holocaust survivors and their families.

She should come with a disclaimer:

Anything I say cannot be disputed by anyone. Including leadership in my own party.
If it's a factual statement how can anyone dispute it? We see now by the dictionary definition and even our own use of the word to describe our own concentration camps that her statements need no defense.

End the concentration camps and you won't have to hear about it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,851.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If it's a factual statement how can anyone dispute it? We see now by the dictionary definition and even our own use of the word to describe our own concentration camps that her statements need no defense.

It's a factual statement that they are disputing because the most prominent concentration camp was Auschwitz.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It’s only factual if you use only half of the definition.

This proves you can’t teach empathy.

Politics take precedence over empathy for the hundreds of thousands of customs still alive today who are greatly offended by it.

It is a sad statement on today’s culture.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a factual statement that they are disputing because the most prominent concentration camp was Auschwitz.
I get that people don't like the association with Nazi Germany and I'll be the first to point out that the Trump administration or its handling of illegals and asylum seekers is nowhere near the level of depravity and outright evil we see in the Third Reich, nor could it ever be. We simply would not allow that here but that doesn't change the fact that we have people being interned and concentrated in camps in less-than-humane conditions.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s only factual if you use only half of the definition.
What's the other half?

This proves you can’t teach empathy.

Politics take precedence over empathy for the hundreds of thousands of customs still alive today who are greatly offended by it.

It is a sad statement on today’s culture.
Oh. Should we refrain from using certain words because of how they might make others feel?

How politically correct of you.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,851.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I get that people don't like the association with Nazi Germany and I'll be the first to point out that the Trump administration or its handling of illegals and asylum seekers is nowhere near the level of depravity and outright evil we see in the Third Reich, nor could it ever be. We simply would not allow that here but that doesn't change the fact that we have people being interned and concentrated in camps in less-than-humane conditions.

They absolutely are concentration camps.

The poor treatment of those inside the camps is also to be admonished.

The association with Natzi's should be avoided though, unless the trump administration starts executing people.

We're up to terrorizing small children though so it's not a difficult stretch in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.