City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a person suggests that a time when more than 50% of African Americans living in poverty with de jure segregation was better than the current landscape, they are patently ignorant and haphazardly foolish at best. She doesn't argue facts, she echoes racist talking points that appeal to her audience under the guise that a black voice saying it means she is somehow authentic or "deep." She is the personification of Bamboozled.

I disagree but thats okay, I would just encourage people to listen in themselves and make their own judgments. I find her to be an amazing black woman.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I disagree but thats okay, I would just encourage people to listen in themselves and make their own judgments. I find her to be an amazing black woman.
Do you find her to be an amazing black woman because, primarily you agree with what she is saying? I know nothing about this woman's character so I can't really speak to that but I'd assume you could yes?

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you find her to be an amazing black woman because, primarily you agree with what she is saying? I know nothing about this woman's character so I can't really speak to that but I'd assume you could yes?

Primarily so, I certainly don't know her personally, I find her talks impressive. Why? What are you digging for?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Primarily so, I certainly don't know her personally, I find her talks impressive. Why? What are you digging for?
Not meaning to seem nefarious in my 'digging'. I just wonder sometimes when we put flattering labels on people if we do so because of some aspect of who they are as a person or just about whether they are eloquent and we agree with them.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Not meaning to seem nefarious in my 'digging'. I just wonder sometimes when we put flattering labels on people if we do so because of some aspect of who they are as a person or just about whether they are eloquent and we agree with them.
The previous darling was Stacey Dash, then they tossed her. I remember when they used to love Michael Steele... then he started criticizing them and that resulted in him getting tossed and being berated as ungrateful/incompetent/etc.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's not really a label seeing I do not call her "THE AMAZING Candace Owens" or "HER MAJESTY Candace Owens". There is no flattering label in any sense of address or of gain ( like some advantage to be gained from another through flattery). I just find her quite impressive listening to her. Whether in a conference (or before congress) whenever I run across most things she has been in. I certainly don't agree with her simply because she is black, because I am white (and that would really be an odd thing to agree with a person on). I also don't agree with her because she is much younger than myself, since I am much older, so maybe I consider her being wise beyond her years that strikes me? Feel free to listen to some of what she says freely on line (or not) and form your own impression. Whether you find her the same as I might means very little to me.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's not really a label seeing I do not call her "THE AMAZING Candace Owens" or "HER MAJESTY Candace Owens". There is no flattering label in any sense of address or of gain ( like some advantage to be gained from another through flattery). I just find her quite impressive listening to her. Whether in a conference (or before congress) whenever I run across most things she has been in. I certainly don't agree with her simply because she is black, because I am white (and that would really be an odd thing to agree with a person on). I also don't agree with her because she is much younger than myself, since I am much older, so maybe I consider her being wise beyond her years that strikes me? Feel free to listen to some of what she says freely on line (or not) and form your own impression. Whether you find her the same as I might means very little to me.
No, you just labeled her an amazing black woman... like you had to elevate her because she was a black woman saying things you like, so she is now an amazing black woman because of that.

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you just labeled her an amazing black woman... like you had to elevate her because she was a black woman saying things you like, so she is now an amazing black woman because of that.

Well sure, I find Richard Spencer repulsive being I don't agree with what he says (and he is a white man). I don't necessarily disagree here, some folks you will find repulsive (as I do with Richard) and yet others I find impressive (as I do with Candace).

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are they being forced to stay there, can they not go back to their home and country.
Maybe this hell is better . Than the hell they're fleeing from.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟365,407.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Fair enough. Thanks. Just curious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
George Takei: "I know what concentration camps are. I was inside two of them, in America." - CBS News

Actor and activist George Takei is weighing in on the treatment of undocumented immigrants and backing Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's description of migrant detention centers as concentration camps. "I know what concentration camps are. I was inside two of them, in America. And yes, we are operating such camps again," Takei wrote on Twitter Tuesday.

Takei's tweet comes after Ocasio-Cortez said in an Instagram live video that "The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border and that is exactly what they are."

• Informative
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think maybe the ignorance of the folks getting their britches in a bunch over AOC's comment is on account of only thinking of concentration camps as being Nazi. That's not the facts of it. It's also pitiful that folks are more upset about her words than the facts behind them.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Rosaries confiscated from undocumented migrants:
C7YzBU1XUAALFqf.jpg

Three cheers for rounding people up and throwing them in camps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If they are not prison like then why is the Trump Administration fighting in court because it has been ordered to provide toothbrushes and blankets for these young children?

But I guess that this is okay with the Trump supporters when the first lady goes to visit the camps wearing a t-shirt saying "I don't care."

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
???
Why are they confiscating rosaries?

Makes me think about how the Nazis confiscated personal belongings that posed no harm, many of which had no monetary value either.

Even Godwin, the fellow who came up with Godwin's Law, has said it's fine such comparisons in the age of Donald.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.