Anyone you know in military at war or going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3girls2dogs

Catholic
Aug 15, 2005
Arizona
✟25,188.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,
Any other members here with loved ones at war? Anyone you know that is going to war or maybe going?

My 20 year old son is in Iraq until Feb or March 2008.

Grace
My husband is in Iraq right now. He has been there for almost 6 months, and will be home, hopefully, in a little over a month.

I will pray for your son's safety. I pray for the safety of everyone over there every day. If you need to chat, you can always PM me. :hug:

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My husband is in Iraq right now. He has been there for almost 6 months, and will be home, hopefully, in a little over a month.

I will pray for your son's safety. I pray for the safety of everyone over there every day. If you need to chat, you can always PM me. :hug:

thanks so much.. and thank you, to your husband and you for serving.. I was a wife of a deployed hubby before and know the sacrifices we make :thumbsup: .. praying for your hubby safe return :crossrc:

bless you :hug:

Reactions: arborvita
Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally heard from my daughter!!!!!

She's tired...says they're keeping long hours, but she's okay, and the food is better than at Lejeune :p

:clap: and the bonus, she's a Corporal now...got pinned last week :clap:

man...that was a long wait!!!

Thank you G-d for keeping her safe!!! :bow:

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally heard from my daughter!!!!!

She's tired...says they're keeping long hours, but she's okay, and the food is better than at Lejeune :p

:clap: and the bonus, she's a Corporal now...got pinned last week :clap:

man...that was a long wait!!!

Thank you G-d for keeping her safe!!! :bow:

w00t!!!!!!!! :clap:

so happy you heard from her. :tutu:

finally heard from my Joey last night.. said the food is awesome.. better then the ship he was on..

praying they stay safe and proud of them :hug:

Upvote 0

foreveramanda

Army wife & CF Angel
May 29, 2007
Tennessee
✟21,217.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
We're a small group here, but we're here for ya :hug:

be strong for him, don't forget to send poguey bait for him and his guys and you can hang here all ya want...:hug:
Thanks for the welcome - heh being strong and dealing with all the stress has gotten me sick - but we will get through this deployment like we got through the last deployment - together

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually yeah...in a weird kinda way...
She can apparently still shop online...
I got a package yesterday from a jewelry shop...

and yeah, it made me cry...

In the package were 3 honorary degrees and a beautiful necklace along with the following "ceremony"

You have spent half your lifetime caring for, protecting, teaching and loving me. The following is a presentation of all the awards you have earned for doing such a wonderful job raising me.

This award is given to those who courageously press forward and keep going, even though wounded and hurt, to meet the objective.

The first year is where you really ahd your job cut out. Remember all those sleepless, thankless nights worrying about little illnesses, changing diapers, feeding and bathing me? I now thank you for htem and award you an Honorary Registered Nursing Degree for your dedication and skill.

The best teachers would have a hard time accomplishing all you did in a few short years. You taught me right from wrong, good from bad, and mostimportant -- how to love. I hearby award you an Honorary Masters Degree in Teaching and add my sincere appreciation for a job well done.

The formative years until I left home were rought. Yet, you taught me to care for people and to cope with the task of life and living. I hearby award you an Honorary Degree in Psychology and I add to the tears of joy I feel while writing this, a tender kiss of gratitude for your love.

The last few years of wondering what I have been up to and if I will get where I am going have demonstrated your ability to always be there when needed. Even when you were not in the best of spirits, you always had enough inner strength to lift me up and keep me going. for this you have already received your award; it is hte Touch of Kindness, Protection, and Peace of Mind, given to those worthy of the from the Ruler of Eternity, our G-d and Savior Jesus Christ.

The next award is the enclosed Diamond Necklace. Actually it is not meant to be an award, but a presentation of my appreciation for all the work, efforc, and love you put into making me someone who is happy and proud to be your child. When you feel down, wear it; let it reming you that in this cold world there is the warmth of my love always iwth you. It will last forever. I love you for havin gthe courage to be yourself and for being the Best Mom in the World.

I'll post a pic of the necklace later...gotta find batteries for hte camera...

I think lil bug has kidnapped them again for her cd player ...

But yeah...by the end of that I was cryin' like a baby ...

Dunno how she managed it from the litter box...I'm supposed to be sending her uplifting stuff!

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Actually yeah...in a weird kinda way...
She can apparently still shop online...
I got a package yesterday from a jewelry shop...

and yeah, it made me cry...

In the package were 3 honorary degrees and a beautiful necklace along with the following "ceremony"

You have spent half your lifetime caring for, protecting, teaching and loving me. The following is a presentation of all the awards you have earned for doing such a wonderful job raising me.

This award is given to those who courageously press forward and keep going, even though wounded and hurt, to meet the objective.

The first year is where you really ahd your job cut out. Remember all those sleepless, thankless nights worrying about little illnesses, changing diapers, feeding and bathing me? I now thank you for htem and award you an Honorary Registered Nursing Degree for your dedication and skill.

The best teachers would have a hard time accomplishing all you did in a few short years. You taught me right from wrong, good from bad, and mostimportant -- how to love. I hearby award you an Honorary Masters Degree in Teaching and add my sincere appreciation for a job well done.

The formative years until I left home were rought. Yet, you taught me to care for people and to cope with the task of life and living. I hearby award you an Honorary Degree in Psychology and I add to the tears of joy I feel while writing this, a tender kiss of gratitude for your love.

The last few years of wondering what I have been up to and if I will get where I am going have demonstrated your ability to always be there when needed. Even when you were not in the best of spirits, you always had enough inner strength to lift me up and keep me going. for this you have already received your award; it is hte Touch of Kindness, Protection, and Peace of Mind, given to those worthy of the from the Ruler of Eternity, our G-d and Savior Jesus Christ.

The next award is the enclosed Diamond Necklace. Actually it is not meant to be an award, but a presentation of my appreciation for all the work, efforc, and love you put into making me someone who is happy and proud to be your child. When you feel down, wear it; let it reming you that in this cold world there is the warmth of my love always iwth you. It will last forever. I love you for havin gthe courage to be yourself and for being the Best Mom in the World.

I'll post a pic of the necklace later...gotta find batteries for hte camera...

I think lil bug has kidnapped them again for her cd player ...

But yeah...by the end of that I was cryin' like a baby ...

Dunno how she managed it from the litter box...I'm supposed to be sending her uplifting stuff!

I dont have the words to express what I feel - heck, I am on the verge getting a little misty...

even I am proud of your daughter! but I am also proud to called your friend.

Gwen - you are the mom! (cant really say "you are the man", so....;) )

but that was a beautiful post - thank you for sharing.

:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
She made this old salt cry like a baby...

needless to say there's poguey bait on the way to Iraq...a big box...cause I know she'll want to share...

triple sealed the cookies so hopefully they're stay fresh... M&M's and 2 cases of silly string for her to give "her" Marines

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution