✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all!
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this...
For those of you who like Harry Potter, I was wondering if anyone knows if Daniel Radcliffe will be playing in the remaning 3 movies? I know he is already working on Order of the Pheonix, but is he doing the other 2 as well? I read on some website that he said in an interview it depends on how much he grows, or doesn't grow, and whatever. I think it would be so pointless to change his character now! Anyone agree?

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ejgsmalls said:
They can't possibly change the cast now....even if they all are suddenly not right for the parts. Too many people will be mad....everyone who watches this movie is like attached to the actors now...they can't change them, they won't.

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary
I totally agree! I think it would be wrong to change him now. I just read that in an interview with him and he said that he wasn't sure if he was doing the other 2 yet. He said it just depended on how much he grew and everything. I thought it was pretty stupid if they didn't cast him in the last 2!
Here is the website to the interview...
http://www.danradcliffe.co.uk/Dan_Page_Interview_09192005_v7.htm

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think it has to do with money at all. He said in the interview that it all depends on the cast director and how much he changes, or grows. I know he would take up the last 2 if they allow him to, but from what he was saying, it's the cast directors that will choose, not him.

Upvote 0

bumblebee62331

Oct 12, 2005
✟37,794.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Jennie726 said:
I don't think it has to do with money at all. He said in the interview that it all depends on the cast director and how much he changes, or grows. I know he would take up the last 2 if they allow him to, but from what he was saying, it's the cast directors that will choose, not him.

lol yeah, I was just joking. ;)

Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be really shocking if they didn't cast him.

I mean... look at the Weasley twins in movie 4... they look rather older than they're supposed to be... but it's ok. It works fine. In the last several books age won't really be a factor, anyway. By that age there are some people who look 20 and are just graduating, and some who still look like they haven't gone through puberty yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Theory said:
It would be really shocking if they didn't cast him.

I mean... look at the Weasley twins in movie 4... they look rather older than they're supposed to be... but it's ok. It works fine. In the last several books age won't really be a factor, anyway. By that age there are some people who look 20 and are just graduating, and some who still look like they haven't gone through puberty yet.
I agree! I don't think it should be a factor. I know he said somewhere, can't think where right now, that he would play the remaining 2 if they allowed him to. They better! hehe I mean, I can't imagine anyone else being Harry now... he makes the part, no matter how old he looks in the future ones, he is still Harry Potter.

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ejgsmalls said:
In plus, people on tv play 15 year olds when they are like 25...at most he's like 3 years older than he's supposed to be....that's nothing.

God Bless and Bless God,
~Mary
I so agree! it would just be wrong to cast someone else after OOTP. We're all used to him as Harry... I don't think anyone else could play the part better!

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think anyone will care if DR looks his supposed age as HP or not. I wouldn't care. He's HP to me and if he looks a bit old for the part, oh well, no big deal. Also some people continue to look younger than they are...loook at the guy who played Frodo in LOTR.

As for who will be in the next movie, I hear that Alan Rickman is doing at least OotP (Yippee), but I heard that Robbie Coltrane is not doing Hagrid. I have no idea why. Someone else is rumored to play Hagrid (Tom Felton???? I think).

SPOILERS...
Can't wait for book 7 though. Sheesh. Is Snape a good guy or a bad guy. Only his barber knows for sure. Personally, I'm leaning toward a good Snape. One of the things that endeared me to the character (aside from my liking Alan Rickman...and trust me, I'm not alone!!!) is that you aren't quite sure about him.

Any rumors about when JKR will finish the last book?

Upvote 0

Jennie726

Blessed Mommy & Wife
Feb 20, 2006
Alabama, USA
✟18,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LadyNRA said:
I don't think anyone will care if DR looks his supposed age as HP or not. I wouldn't care. He's HP to me and if he looks a bit old for the part, oh well, no big deal. Also some people continue to look younger than they are...loook at the guy who played Frodo in LOTR.

As for who will be in the next movie, I hear that Alan Rickman is doing at least OotP (Yippee), but I heard that Robbie Coltrane is not doing Hagrid. I have no idea why. Someone else is rumored to play Hagrid (Tom Felton???? I think).

SPOILERS...
Can't wait for book 7 though. Sheesh. Is Snape a good guy or a bad guy. Only his barber knows for sure. Personally, I'm leaning toward a good Snape. One of the things that endeared me to the character (aside from my liking Alan Rickman...and trust me, I'm not alone!!!) is that you aren't quite sure about him.

Any rumors about when JKR will finish the last book?
I have no clue when she will finish it. I wish I did. I heard 2007, but that might not be true. I think people are wondering if OOTP is going to come out before the 7th book does. I can't wait to find out about Snape either! It just keeps you in suspense thinking about it! I'm wondering if Harry is going to die in book 7! I hope not, but so many people are leaning towards him killing Voldemort and then dying himself. What do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eyesofmystery

Jan 3, 2006
Atlantic Canada
Visit site
✟8,237.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's easy to use makeup and costumes to make someone look younger or older than they are. The cast of Dawson's Creek were mostly in their early 20s and they played teenagers. It would just be wrong to cast anyone else as the roles in HP, because everyone associates the roles with those actors. The new Dumbledore isn't near as good as the original (frig, he was even scary in some parts of GoF!), so I doubt that any other actor would be able to compare to the original ones. Everyone would notice the change and say "that's not Harry!"

Upvote 0