I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟45,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone struggle with not knowing if they are truly saved or not? I know we are not to rely on emotions, but I feel in my heart im saved, but my mind tells me different.
If I have to lay in the ditch on the edge of heaven and be fed bread crumbs ill take it..as long as I make it to heaven. Lol
Only a few will find it..the narrow path. I know God loves me..but I feel like he's standing over me sometimes in judgment...and yes I know we will.be held accountable for what we did in this life. He is the judge.
I just feel like someone is pointing out all my mistakes, and it can be a daily hassle..to the point of not being happy because I'm worried about what I am or not doing.
I also know that our inheritance in heaven is not by works..Jesus did that on the cross.
And then I think about the ones that Jesus said he didn't know..even though they said they knew him..and even cast out spirits in his name.

I want to go to heaven.

Ugh...late night ramblings lol

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone struggle with not knowing if they are truly saved or not? I know we are not to rely on emotions, but I feel in my heart im saved, but my mind tells me different.
If I have to lay in the ditch on the edge of heaven and be fed bread crumbs ill take it..as long as I make it to heaven. Lol
Only a few will find it..the narrow path. I know God loves me..but I feel like he's standing over me sometimes in judgment...and yes I know we will.be held accountable for what we did in this life. He is the judge.
I just feel like someone is pointing out all my mistakes, and it can be a daily hassle..to the point of not being happy because I'm worried about what I am or not doing.
I also know that our inheritance in heaven is not by works..Jesus did that on the cross.
And then I think about the ones that Jesus said he didn't know..even though they said they knew him..and even cast out spirits in his name.

I want to go to heaven.

I take more of an experiential approach. When I was born again my desires shifted from avoiding and disliking anything pertaining to God to loving Him and His Word. So He saved me and promises to finish the good work He begun. Summed up here...

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That someone is the devil, in the form of the accuser, or the Dragon of the book of Revelation. It is your enemy who will point out your sins and shortcomings to make you fearful of God.

The best way to fight that beast is to go to Jesus with your sins and shortcomings and ask Him to change you into His image. If you denying yourself life in sin lay down your life for Jesus then you shall find assurance of salvation, not before. That is the battle.

i found it had to do with love for God over against love for myself. Yet knowing my sins and misery, from the word preached, i know God's grace is beyond comprehension also for me, this make me love God more. So in the end even sin served God's love when i lay down my life in such and find my freedom in Him and His loving truth.

honest sin is terrible. It are offences against God's loving truth, and will be severely punished outside of Christ. So please eat grace and you will see you get past this dragon firing you about your sins, and so your are baptised with fire as well.

It is great getting rid of sin. Sin brings misery and death into our lives. That is the accuser has access to you, through your guilty conscience. Only when God wipes the conscience can we see the crystal sea and stand before His throne. This is what the blood of Christ does. It wipes away sin and pronounces the verdict of not guilty as charged. If you don't learn to love Jesus fighting your sin you will never learn to love Him. Honestly true, He is amazing. His grace is the very best diet you can eat fighting your sin. For love for God has no desire to sin. So the fuller your heart is with love for God, and grace brings that by the bucket loads, then soon you will break free from even very stubborn sin.

When the son of lawlessness is revealed with in you, being your biggest egocentric self, then you will understand even much better why it is so important to go to Jesus a sinner and get cleansed from our unfaithful to God's love times.

So place your faith in God's love - Jesus Christ - that is how you escape a guilty conscience, there is no other way to the Father but through Jesus, and let The Word in the Spirit of love teach you how to survive that fiery dragon - and assure yourself a place at His Love Feast Upstairs.

To deny your big I and love God and neighbour is the Way scripture teaches.

Peace.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've come to the conclusion, doubts are normal, at least at certian stages of our walk.

I just do what I think God expects of me, and when doubts come along, I remind myself, this is why the faith part is necessary.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Saving is a thing paradoxical in a time frame. And most important in Jesus' eyes is whether we potentise the gifts of others: also paradoxical in a time frame. If you can't meet them pray to God that other Christians' gifts will bear fruit, that He will meet their - and your - needs from His Providence, and for just government (pure and simple) in your / our country / -ies. These are the ways in which we can demonstrate and exercise our endurance. You are always counted worthy enough to be heard by Him. Additionally keep interacting with us here!

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟199,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I want to go to heaven.

It's great to hear that your concerned about your spiritual health. Jesus said, "blessed are those who mourn". He was referring to believers who mourn over their sin, just as you have demonstrated here.

If sin didn't bother you and cause you some grief, then you'd be in danger of hearing those terrible words on judgement day. But the fact that you're trying to please God by obeying the gospel shows that God is working in your life. So you can rest assured that God will finish what He started and you will inherit His Kingdom.

We should remember that God will reward each believer according to their works, so everyone will have a unique position in the Kingdom. Some will inherit high places and others will have much less glamorous positions. This is a great incentive to do as much as we can for God's glory, in this life.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I want to go to heaven.

Make a determination that God's word is true no matter what. God is the Justifier of believers, not the Judge! Read Romans 8 until your heart bursts with joy. Then stand on every word.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I want to go to heaven.

This sounds much like the deceit of Satan, who loves to whisper in our mind all kind of things to draw us away from our God. If one has the Lord Jesus in their heart and mind, and is walking and talking with Him daily, as our 'best friend', then we can ask Him for peace from this and go forth in faith by the 'sealing' of the Holy Spirit. True Christianity is about this kind of relationship with God, not in religious ideas. Read John 3; John 14; Romans 8; etc. to hear God speaking to you.

Upvote 0

Brenda Blakely

Apr 26, 2019
Portland
✟21,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When we are first saved most people relate to God in the same way they did their parents. This is especially true for Dads. We have human dads that may not have always related to us in the best or most helpful manner. I know for me my relationship to my dad and then my grandfather after my dad left was not good for me. I had a lot of learning about God and how I could trust Him. I had to learn that God would do what was best for me. He wasn’t selfish and God really cares.

I tried to just say “OK I know I am saved. I trust God’s Word.” But I kept doubting and listening to the wrong voices. It took time of building my relationship with God by prayer, Bible reading, fellowshipping and being treated in a right way by other Christians. God proved Himself to me over and over and I begin to trust. This did not come easy for me. I had been betrayed a lot. But God was patient with me and kept putting opportunities before me for me to be able to trust Him.

I am praying for you to find God. I pray that He will make Himself real to you. I am praying that He will bring healing, hope and blessings into your life so that you will find the assurance you long to find. God bless you as you find Him. He is there and He wants this for you even more than you want it for yourself. God loves you. I pray that you will find out what that truly means and it will cast out all doubt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums