All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is both good and bad in being self employed. I had my own business for years. You work harder for yourself then you do anyone else. There are countless hours you put in, your work always comes home with you too. you may not see a real profit for about two years.

Make sure like Michie said you get an accountant. I did not the first couple of years except for tax time. Let me tell you (from my mistakes), it was an extreme stress to do my own books. If i just would of paid an accountant for monthly submissions and bookkeeping life would of been better. Also think about having to pay for medical insurance premiums out of pocket. OUCH!

The good side of being self employed was i was my own boss, and whenever my daughter was sick, or did not have school, I did not have to be stressed our for missing work, or have fear of losing my job by calling in. (My daughter had a lot of medical conditions). I could bring my daughter into my place business and let her eat, play and watch tv in the lunch room, any time I needed.

In my situation, If I did not go into work, I did not make money. So really, I could not take a day off. But Holidays were never an issue, to request off, and I liked that. I refused to be open on Sunday because it is the day of worshiping the Lord and a family day.

There is a lot more I could share too. But I wont go into it unless you have other questions. Hopes this gives you a tad of the pros and cons.

By the way, I really did LOVE being self employed, and having my own business. And its just ok now working for someone else. But the bonus of that is paid medical insurance, and a regular pay check.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.