Man with a scarf
Nov 12, 2002
England
✟28,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just bought this and I'm about 5 hours in. It's getting mix d reviews and it can be a bit repetitive however if you're hoping this is Battlefield in space then this is not the game for you. You wake up on a remote planet next to a wrecked ship which you have to repair in order to leave. The rest is exploration...learning the language, trading, flying mining and crafting and upgrading.

My top tips...

Mine the element Emril as much as you can as its one of my he most valuable elements early in the game. If you are struggling with storage whilst you can only hold up to 250 units of one element in your exosuit slots you can hold up to 500 units in one slot of your ship so transfer often to free up space if you have limited slots to start with. I made 1,5000000 by filling up my ship and suit inventory with emril and selling all in one go. I tended to ditch alien artefacts as I made more money trading in emril.
Always try to land on the landing pad of outposts and trading posts as it allows you to sell inventory of both your suit and your ship.

To get more slots for your suit when you get to a beacon (has an orange laser coming out of the top) hack into it using a bypass chip and search for a shelter...more often than not this will pin point a drop pod on your hud. Go to it and you will see an upgrade in your suit giving you an extra slot in your exosuit. The first is free after that each subsequent upgrade will cost 10,000 units and go up by 10,000 each time you upgrade.

Learn the language. Depending on which race you first encounter Vylkeen, gek or atlas will depend on which language you can learn. Dotted about the landscape of most planets are knowledge stones, ruins and plaques which you can learn a word in a particular language from. This helps when you encounter that race in terms of when they speak as to what they want you to do and can raise your standing with that race which means better goods and in some cases an upgraded multi tool for free. Also when you encounter a monolith if you perform a correct action you get rewarded. The more words you know the easier it is to work out the correct response. Number codes are easy, choose the sequence of numbers that is not already displayed in the sequence.

Make sure your multi tool has a visor scan facility. Hold down the l2 button to scan particularly animals, plants and some rock formations. If correct it will analyse them. Once done press the options button and pu your cursor over the scanned items, you can rename and upload or just up load the existing name for more credit units. This also applies to every new location you find on a planet. If you upload enough you get a big bonus.

Check out everything in shelters interacting with some objects gets you bonus credits or elements. Interact with any plants in shelters and on space stations as you get carbon from them. If you want to keep talking to some races you can only do this with 20 carbon for each interaction. Depending on your standing they may offer to teach you more of their language.

Once you have spoken to the person on the space station hang around the hangar for a bit. Other aliens will land. If you go up to their ship and interact with it you can buy and sell items with them...some rare items like antimatter can only be obtained this way. You can also put in an offer on their ship if you want and buy it. The other way to get a ship upgrade is to find one crashed on a planet and fix it up which means you get it free. This also works on landing pads of trading and outposts.

Once you have built the hyperdrive you will need to fuel it with warp pods which can be made with anti matter and thamium 9 to use it to move to another star system.

Shooting down sentinels can get you both titanium and new blue prints as they drop debris which you can interact with. However if you keep shooting them down in one place they get progressively tougher so try to shoot them down before they call for help.

On a planet once you have a working ship use it to fly to locations on the planet, it's much faster than walking. Mine plutonium to fuel the launch thrusters to take off and your equipment. Holding the o button will make you move faster as you can't use pulse thrust in a planet atmosphere. Look out for large gold or emril deposits and mine them fully, takes time but is worth the effort when you sell them. They tend to look green or gold in colour. I find moons of planets have more deposits. Sentinels tend to ignore you if you are mining these, only if you destroy animals or plant life. To move faster on a planet, start running using the right stick then press L1 and x button at the same time. If you do it right you will leap forwards quite some distance. You can also climb vertical surfaces by pressing and holding x and going towards the vertical surface at the same time.

If you die a marker shows where you died, return to it to retrieve the inventory you had when you died.

Good luck