North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Just wondered if anyone is going to see the Pope this week - even though I am an Anglican, I would like to see him but I am away and he's not coming to Wales (which is a big disappointment) so I would have to get over to Birmingham.
Oh well!!!

genestealerbroodlord

Whozawhatnow?
May 12, 2006
Scotland
✟15,980.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I did consider going to see him, as there were still tickets the other day, But after realising that I'm not the kind of person he wants in his church, I decided not to bother.

Shame really, as it would have been interesting to see him up close.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2010
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
I did consider it as I am an ex-Catholic but the cost was a bit steep. Having watched most of the coverage so far I am pretty glad I didn't go. It isn't the breakthrough in relations between Rome and Britain that it was painted, just another pastoral visit with a few unhelpful speeches by the Pope and his cardinals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

Phinehas2

No I didnt go, but even as a protestant it ihas been a blessing.
He told 4000 children that they have no idea how much God loves them.. Amen. he apologised for the disgusting child abuse, and admitted its a stain on the church.
Other than that the main objections from the largely pro-gay/atheist/humanist faction were on morals which the RC is Biblically correct on anyway, abortion and homosexuality and on disputable matters of women's ordination and birth control.

So it should be pointed out in future when atheists and humanists dont want religious views in public life that on the day they mustered 15,000 in protest, 80,000 attended a mass and up to a 200,000 lined the streets to see the Pope.

Upvote 0