May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i am a die-hard KJV ... the Lord says if you seek Him you will find Him ... He didn't specify translation ... i believe He does what He says ... meets you where YOU are ... not the scholars, not the neighbor ... not whomever ... if you use an NIV, He can meet you there just as well ...

i don't know anything about gender/nuetral ...

that being said, I would like to make a small statement about the translations ... if one is desiring to dig a little deeper than they have been, i would stick to the KJV ... if for no other reason than most of the standard study aids are compatible ... concordances, dictionaries, etc. ... there are other reasons, but in the scope of things i think this is enough ... jmo

Actually the KJV is full of so many errors I wouldn't use it for study either. It is okay for general reading but when you study, you need to use many translations to see how they differ.

A good example of an error in the KJV is Isa 57:9 where it uses 'king' instead of the pagan deity title 'Molech'. Both are spelled 'MLK' in the original Hebrew. Molech just means 'shameful king'.

Many, many passages about the ancient paganism are mistranslated in the KJV. The translators attempted to hide many of the graphic passages condemning those pagan activities for example.

Upvote 0

Pteriax

Someone to hate
Jul 13, 2013
Earth
✟16,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does it do that? That you provide examples? The versus I read in the NIV don't seem to be whitewashing anything.

Sorry, I may have been mistaken on the exact nature of the changes, but I think it is clear that it has gone from bad to worse. There are articles that expound on that fact, which you can find by searching google for "changes in 2011 niv bible" and clicking on the link to the Bible-research website. I would post a link, but I need 23 more posts first.

Upvote 0