Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My mother made a delicious dish of Parmesan Chicken today, and being someone with over 30 years experience of cooking, you can imagine she is pretty good at it.

She is trying to duplicate a dish we liked at the restaurant we went to the other day. Creamy Potato and Cheese Soup. Sounds good, doesn't it?

I saw this fun recipe where you put soup into a hollowed-out piece of round bread. But wouldn't that just make the bread soggy? :/

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My mother made a delicious dish of Parmesan Chicken today, and being someone with over 30 years experience of cooking, you can imagine she is pretty good at it.

She is trying to duplicate a dish we liked at the restaurant we went to the other day. Creamy Potato and Cheese Soup. Sounds good, doesn't it?

I saw this fun recipe where you put soup into a hollowed-out piece of round bread. But wouldn't that just make the bread soggy? :/

Yer makin' me hungry....it sounds yummm-my.

The bread used has a hard crust, and it prevents the soup, which is a thick soup, from sogging the bread through. It's a delicious and creative way to serve soup. :)

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never had chicken parmesan so I had to look it up : Chicken parmigiana - Wikipedia

Looks pretty nice. It seems to be mainly popular in North America and Australia. I have never tried the soup in bread idea, it never looked very practical to me although it would save on washing up as the bread becomes the bowl?

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lol, yeah, it is popular where I live. I live in North America, I'm actually from Tennessee. :) So that explains it.

If you normally dip bread into your soup, it actually is kind of like that. It's really popular at the restaurant called Panera Bread, they have an option for a bread bowl. I get it sometimes. It's a lot of bread but it does save on washing.

Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm mostly vegan but potatoes sound yummy.

I was vegan for six months but it was hard on my wallet and I find my body just honestly is better with me being vegetarian.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I was vegan for six months but it was hard on my wallet and I find my body just honestly is better with me being vegetarian.
It's good you are vegetarian. I seriously wish vegan food was cheaper myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeekerOfChrist94

Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's good you are vegetarian. I seriously wish vegan food was cheaper myself.

I would get way too hungry as a vegan to the point where all I would eat was pasta. It's easier for me to be vegetarian. I love animals too much and care about the planet too much that I can't stand it to eat them.

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟436,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I would get way too hungry as a vegan to the point where all I would eat was pasta. It's easier for me to be vegetarian. I love animals too much and care about the planet too much that I can't stand it to eat them.
I love animals too.

Upvote 0