Thank You for Your blessings, Lord
Sep 20, 2004
Missouri
✟10,528.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was born and raised in Wichita. But got "transplanted" to Joplin Mo when I was 18 by hubby. His dad was career air force stationed at Mcconnell AFB. And his family was originally from here. I sometimes miss Wichita though... River Fest!!!

Upvote 0

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
I live in Topeka. Been here 38 years. Apparently Kalewen and I don't get out much. Although, I WIN! because I've been here 23 more years then her!

Kalewen,
So you like meteorology? You live in a good state for it. One day it could be 80 degrees, and the next close to freezing with chance of snow.
Keeps us on our toes.

rosemoss

Upvote 0

Kalewen

Mar 30, 2004
Kansas
✟237.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I love meteorology. It is my favorite field of Earth Science. About the snow thing, we literally had a week where it snowed for three days with temperatures in the low thirties, and then it got up to sixty degrees the fourth day :confused: . I will never understand Kansas weather, and I grew up with it.

Upvote 0

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
Kalewen,Do you know who Dave Relihan is? He was the weather man when I was a kid and I remember one April, during tornado season, when we were in a watch then a warning and he comes on the news and his shirt was tucked into a pair of gym shorts and his tie was all crooked! Don't know why I remember that.
Dave Relihan has actually been a weather man in Topeka up til a couple of years ago. Your Mom and Dad probably recognize his name.

rosemoss

Upvote 0

Daisysqueaks

Thank You for Your blessings, Lord
Sep 20, 2004
Missouri
✟10,528.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I will be traveling to Wichita with my 3 kiddos to visit my parents this weekend and need prayer for a hedge of protection while driving~Memorial weekend travelers, going w/out hubby, KIDS (lol), etc.... I guess we should pray for all travelers this weekend!!!
Thanks and God Bless!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

U R my Sonshine

I have a baguette, and I am not afraid to use it.
Apr 7, 2005
✟9,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I grew up in Gardner, went to college in Emporia, moved to Garden City for hubby's first job out of college, then to Ulysses for his 2nd then to Hutchinson for 3rd climb up the ladder. THEN to Illinois...now we are in :scratch: FRANCE!!

"What a long strange trip it's been"

Upvote 0

U R my Sonshine

Apr 7, 2005
✟9,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rosemoss said:
Sounds like an exciting trip!:thumbsup:

How's France? Probably a tad different then Kansas, eh? :idea:

Well, goodluck and God Bless with your life in France.

rosemoss

Well....I majored in French in college....but I don't like it here so much. It is a bit on the "3rd world" side. Kansas is actually a bit more "up and coming" believe it or not. (Well, except maybe Ulysses LOL!!)

Upvote 0

U R my Sonshine

Apr 7, 2005
✟9,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rosemoss said:
Do you have family still in Kansas?
How long have you been in France? France sounds so exotic and romantic, yes I know, STEREOTYPICAL....I should know better! :sigh:

rosemoss

Yeah....my parents are still in Gardner (for 33 years now)

Exotic? Well yes....no screens on the windows , no air conditioning, tiny little inferiorly fabricated appliances, stores closed most of the time (2 hours between 12-2pm and then again around 7 pm for the night.) No sacks at the grocery stores (you have to buy them...lol!!)

Many things are nice, but I miss the U.S. badly! We have been here 6 mopnths and we are to be here for three years total. My hubby works for Nestle... It is actually a European company...based in Switzerland.

Where are you in KS?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rosemoss

The Lord is my STRENGTH!
Apr 24, 2005
Kansas
✟29,116.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm in Topeka, KS. Grew up here.

Oh dear, no air conditioning? This is stupid question, but does it get very hot there? I become very whiney when its hot. :help:
What a woman you are, for moving to France for your husbands job and being away from your family(although, I'm not downplaying your husband as your family!) AND dealing with no screens on your windows. Goodgrief. Are there bugs in France? :eek:
Do you have kids? I ask because I wonder about the school system.
And I'm just nosey. :D

rosemoss

ps, I bet you CAN'T WAIT for someone to ask you, "paper or plastic?"
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one. :blush:

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey jukari and welcome to the body of Christ! :wave:

I attend Word of Life Church and love it! Its a bible based, spirit filled non-denominational church. We have over 100 ministries to get involved in (homeless, prison, etc.). We are a strickly "come as you are" congregation.

I would also recommend Central Christian Church too. :)

I pray that God will lead you to the right place. :prayer:

Upvote 0