Anyone here who are Protestant converts what were you?

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was born and raised Southern Baptist. I found Orthodoxy finally after looking for the answer to a single question for 25 years.
What was the question?
(also former SBC member)

Upvote 0

WadeTheophan

Falling and getting up to fall again
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What was the question?
(also former SBC member)
The question stemmed from an event. I had a vision. While in the vision I was also able simultaneously to talk to my youth pastor though not talk much. In essence I seemed to be in two places at once. The question that drove from the baptist through many different denominations talking to pastors was " How could I be in two places at once?" It was not till I spoke to an Orthodox priest that I was told the answer. He said "God gave man two cognitive centers, the mind and the heart". He said it like it was obvious like everyone knows this. By the grace of God to an unworthy servant He gave me the use of both at the same time in a very dramatic way to say the least. To this day 40 years later I still can't talk about that vision without tears flowing.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The question stemmed from an event. I had a vision. While in the vision I was also able simultaneously to talk to my youth pastor though not talk much. In essence I seemed to be in two places at once. The question that drove from the baptist through many different denominations talking to pastors was " How could I be in two places at once?" It was not till I spoke to an Orthodox priest that I was told the answer. He said "God gave man two cognitive centers, the mind and the heart". He said it like it was obvious like everyone knows this. By the grace of God to an unworthy servant He gave me the use of both at the same time in a very dramatic way to say the least. To this day 40 years later I still can't talk about that vision without tears flowing.

awesome

Upvote 0

WadeTheophan

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
only thing I would say is avoid the General Theology section. we call it General Heresies for a reason, and it's generally a frustrating place.

food for thought
ha ha thanks will do

Upvote 0

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
only thing I would say is avoid the General Theology section. we call it General Heresies for a reason, and it's generally a frustrating place.

food for thought

And, if you HAVE to go there... Make SURE you wipe your feet, before coming in here. We don't want to track any of that place in! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WadeTheophan

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Houston Texas
✟89,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And, if you HAVE to go there... Make SURE you wipe your feet, before coming in here. We don't want to track any of that place in! ;)
Ha ha I reckon I'll just not test my patience and stay outta there.

Reactions: RobNJ
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ha ha I reckon I'll just not test my patience and stay outta there.

I once went on there back in the day to say why President Obama was not the Biblical Antichrist...and, well, yeah....

• Useful
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very interesting-Thank you!

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only places I go here at CF are TAW and the Lutheran Forum. Sometimes I look at OBOB. However, I'm still a member over at CAF,(under another name) and I haven't been active there awhile.
TAW and Crucis are the only subforums I even bother with here, really. And I like it that way. TAW and Crucis are more than enough for me. Don't even look at the other forums(OK I ventured into the SciFi one awhile back).

• Agree
Reactions: AMM
Upvote 0