USA
✟150,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I recently got out an old book with a section on needlepoint and supplies that I had during my childhood but never used. I thought it sounded like an interesting thing to try, so I started working on my first needlepoint ever today. It was a little confusing at first but I got the hang of it pretty quick. I was wondering, does anyone here needlepoint? What kinds of projects have you made with needlepoint?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Years ago I made a small needlepoint picture 5" x 7" or less. I think I gave it away as a gift. I did a few crewel embroideries, but once I started counted cross stitch I was addicted.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually taught a class . I got a book out of the library and would learn new stitches the night before . It was kinda fun but a little stressful because I’d never done needlepoint before :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have done needlepoint but I found it tedious. I prefer primitive needlework. Like the required samplers required of girls in school. Used to be a common practice in the late 1700s through 1800s. Much more interesting to look at. And they were designed by the girls of the day by simply drawing on material before stitching. I have done several of those which I feel are much more creative.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have done needlepoint but I found it tedious. I prefer primitive needlework. Like the required samplers required of girls in school. Used to be a common practice in the late 1700s through 1800s. Much more interesting to look at. And they were designed by the girls of the day by simply drawing on material before stitching. I have done several of those which I feel are much more creative.
I’ve embroidered stuff like that . It’s not easy . Actually prefer patchwork but I design my own patterns . I like working in 3 Dimensions with something that looks 2D . It’s a challenge to figure out where the seams should go.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’ve done it. I was inspired by the topic coming up in British classics. I picked up a few books from the library on the subject and got an Artograph light pad for pattern tracing.

I like hand embroidery best. Especially white and goldwork. I’d like to learn tambour some day. The technique is used for beading on fine clothing, like wedding dresses.

Needle ‘n Thread is the best resource on the subject. :)

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't in a long time. I used to do cross stitch when I was a teen and moved on to crew l embroidery . My mom had an old kit from the 70s where you embroidered a clock face. I finished it for her and then made several more and sold them! The last thing I've done recently is I made cchristmas stocking s for my family and embroidered our names on them. I actually still have to do mine/ I was tempted to just put " mom" bc it's short but I'm not actually called that so I guess I'll try to get mommy or my name put on this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟150,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Here's my first needlepoint attempt - it's a Neutral Chao. :)

Needlepoint Neutral Chao.png

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I've done a lot of cross stitch and then bits and pieces of just about everything else, including needlepoint. I've always intended to some needlepoint couch pillows, but have yet to get to it, and who knows when it will actually happen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums