Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will call this Paul's sevenfold rebuke of Peters hypocrisy and beak it down with scripture not my opinion.

Paul's words to Peter were as follows:

1) I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.
2)he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.
3) The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy,
4) so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.
5)they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel
6)You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew
7)you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs

You can read the story in Galatians 2.

And please don't blame me for this blame God, Paul and Peter since God included in His word and Paul confronted Peter.

BTW- if Peter an Apostle could not reach a sinless state post indwelling of the Holy Spirit what on earth makes you think you are above Peter in reaching sinlessness ?

hope this helps !!!

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BTW- if Peter an Apostle could not reach a sinless state post indwelling of the Holy Spirit what on earth makes you think you are above Peter in reaching sinlessness ?

But without the law, isn't there actually a sinless state in the legal sense? Isn't it more in the moral sense that we all sin post-salvation?

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't Peter the least of the Holiest? But the most loved:)
Happy Sabbath!
Well John was called the disciples whom Jesus loved but Peter was very special to our Lord.

John 21
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well John was called the disciples whom Jesus loved but Peter was very special to our Lord.

John 21
When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.
18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

20 Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) 21 When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?”

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

24 This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

hope this in helps !!!
I love this in bold!
In answer to the op, i am not worthy enough to kiss Peters feet!

Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I will call this Paul's sevenfold rebuke of Peters hypocrisy and beak it down with scripture not my opinion.

hope this helps !!!
Do you think in the 1st century you'd think anything diffrent than the letters of the new testement and the testimony of Luke vs the letters of Peter? You're begging for a false narrative without a need....

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 16:15-19
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

This, says it all for me.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 16:15-19
15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jona! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

This, says it all for me.
Agree that is a great passage. But the Galatians 2 passage was well over 15 years post Jesus words in that passage and upwards of 20 years.

hope this helps !!!

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

2)he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

And please don't blame me for this blame God, Paul and Peter since God included in His word and Paul confronted Peter.

hope this helps !!!
Who on this forum thinks they are sinless?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

hope this helps !!!
He was married as well. So what were his qualifications for pope again?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,034.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

hope this helps !!!

That incident was memorable for me because, if you read the 4 Gospels account, there is no reason why Peter should even be worried about the "men from James".

Peter was called the rock by Christ himself and he was to be the "boss" of the Jerusalem assembly.

James only got saved after Christ resurrected, out of nowhere, he became the boss of the Jerusalem assembly by Acts 15.

Peter's name was mentioned prominently in early acts, mentioned only once in Acts 15 as a kind of "glorified bystander", and then faded into background after that.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That incident was memorable for me because, if you read the 4 Gospels account, there is no reason why Peter should even be worried about the "men from James".

Peter was called the rock by Christ himself and he was to be the "boss" of the Jerusalem assembly.

James only got saved after Christ resurrected, out of nowhere, he became the boss of the Jerusalem assembly by Acts 15.

Peter's name was mentioned prominently in early acts, mentioned only once in Acts 15 as a kind of "glorified bystander", and then faded into background after that.

I'm not better than Peter, nor many, many people. I may be in a better place because of my faith in God as opposed to the unbeliever. So better off spiritually, not better than any. Scripture is written for our benefit, the good, bad, and the messy. Hope I'm not going off OP, however I don't see the church as being built on Peter.
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

He is referring to the foundational truth Peter spoke as the Spirit of God revealed it to him. “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God”
Another way: You are Peter, and as God has revealed to you, I am the Son of the living God and upon this truth/foundation/rock I will build my church.

Christ is the chief cornerstone, the foundation. His church is built on him. He’s alive, Peter is dead.

1st Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Isaiah, 28:16 “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
Whoever believes will not act hastily.

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone, and

A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.”

When scripture refers to others as a part of the foundation, it is because they are principal characters in the delivery of the Word of God. That word being, Christ is the sole originator and truth , the unblemished sacrifice sufficient for redemption.

1 Peter, 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture.
Ephesians, 2:20 ... built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.
Peter was just 1 of many.
In Christ

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,034.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not better than Peter, nor many, many people. I may be in a better place because of my faith in God as opposed to the unbeliever. So better off spiritually, not better than any. Scripture is written for our benefit, the good, bad, and the messy. Hope I'm not going off OP, however I don't see the church as being built on Peter.
Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

He is referring to the foundational truth Peter spoke as the Spirit of God revealed it to him. “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God”
Another way: You are Peter, and as God has revealed to you, I am the Son of the living God and upon this truth/foundation/rock I will build my church.

Christ is the chief cornerstone, the foundation. His church is built on him. He’s alive, Peter is dead.

1st Cor 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Isaiah, 28:16 “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation,
A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation;
Whoever believes will not act hastily.

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone, and

A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense.”

When scripture refers to others as a part of the foundation, it is because they are principal characters in the delivery of the Word of God. That word being, Christ is the sole originator and truth , the unblemished sacrifice sufficient for redemption.

1 Peter, 2:4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture.
Ephesians, 2:20 ... built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.
Peter was just 1 of many.
In Christ

But you do agree that Peter started off very prominently in early Acts, before fading into the background after that correct?

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But you do agree that Peter started off very prominently in early Acts, before fading into the background after that correct?
I don't disagree, To be truthful I haven't studied that enough to form an opinion. He was a human as are we all, with our flaws trying to comprehend something truly immense. I appreciate his contribution to the gospel.
In Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,034.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree, To be truthful I haven't studied that enough to form an opinion. He was a human as are we all, with our flaws trying to comprehend something truly immense. I appreciate his contribution to the gospel.
In Christ

Yep, always fascinated by how he ended up being afraid of the "Men from James", when Jesus appointed him as rock of the assembly.

Upvote 0

lazyservantofYahweh

Oct 1, 2019
National Park
✟3,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Keph ("peter") would have invoked and professed the true and only real name of our Deliverer, Yahuwshua, who is Yahweh. Nonetheless, Keph did admit he was one born errant (sinner) but he believes in Yahweh Yahuwshua. Why don't you study about why it is important for us to proclaim His actual name? A good website to look into is www.yahuwshua.org.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Agree that is a great passage. But the Galatians 2 passage was well over 15 years post Jesus words in that passage and upwards of 20 years.

hope this helps !!!

I stick by the words of Jesus. That is why i quoted that bit of scripture

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,034.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same here and Paul wrote over 1/3 of the N.T.

Now you understand better why Paul wrote those sad words in the last years of his life on earth?

2 Timothy 1:15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

2 Timothy 4:16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.

including the people whom he addressed in the book of Galatians.

Upvote 0