Anyone here actually fix high blood pressure without drugs?

ml5363

Jan 6, 2016
Tennessee
✟28,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Shempster. I can only share my experience. I went to the ER and thought i was having a heart attack. This old and wise veteran Canadien doctor told me a medicine i was on causing high blood pressure and he took me off of it. He put me on high blood pressure medicine for the problem. Well the BP medicine caused other issues. I prayed and took myself off of it. I don't recommend that but i did. I read everything homopathic. I ate onions, garlic. Whatever would lower blood pressure i ate it. And now i am totally 100% medicine free of everything. And i tribute the Lord for his wisdom and going about it. So try talking with a holistic doctor at a holistic store. Tell them the medicines you are on. He or she can give you an alternative approach and go from there. Knowledge can save your life and mine was saved to this wonderful doctor that i have not seen since. Blessings

Yes Sudafed is bad for high blood pressure...had to stop taking sure there is others that will cause elevated...salt free alternatives and keep moving

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, with a lot of excercise, much healthier diet, much smaller amount of food and with drinking a lot of green tea.

But who can do it for a long time in this society and in today's general life style? So I have it high again.

Less, but better, food is the key. :preach:

I read a story (back in the 1950's) about a nutrition researcher who was stunned by the low caloric intake of some South American men who were engaged in a rigorous foot race across the rocky trails high in the mountains of Peru. The race occurred over a span of several days but the only ration the men carried was simple ground corn cakes sweetened with honey. She analyzed the portions to discover the men consumed an average of a mere 1100 calories per day. She reasoned that their needs should have been in the 3000-4000 calorie per day range even considering their smaller stature compared to the average American.

To my knowledge nothing became of this observation to this very day. Although most health nuts understand that less is often more regarding food.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,654.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was told I am in stage 2 of high blood pressure. This doctor can't wait to get me on the pill.
I would like to try and fix it naturally if possible and I was wondering if anyone here was able to do it and how you did it. I eat pretty good and get exercise, so I was a bit shocked when at my physical, I was almost sent to the ER.
After a ton of research of major medical websites and many physician blogs, I don't think that they really even know what actually causes it or how to fix it safely. It is really confusing.
I dont know if you would be interested in checking this out, but this doctor gives a talk on high blood pressure solutions that is going to blow your mind.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My BP was 181/110 this last November. I got on a diet and started hitting the gym 5 or 6 days a week. Last week, my BP was 130/92. So, I lowered my bp without drugs. As a nice side effect, I dropped over 60 pounds of fat and put on almost 15 pounds of lean muscle.

• Winner
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mine had been getting high, but wasn't at a super dangerous level yet. It was somewhere around 140/95 or so.

I drastically reduced my refined carbs (breads and sugars, trying to only get carbs from green veggies), began intermittent fasting (only eating within a narrow window of time each day), and made sure to hydrate and get plenty of salt (the idea that salt raises blood pressure is only true when other negative factors are present. It is not universally true, and when those factors are not present it is not true at all. Insufficient salt is worse for our blood pressure and over all health than excess salt).

My blood pressure is now about 120/80.

Upvote 0