Anyone have insight on this? I don't want to try and understand on my own.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A dream I had some months ago came true today. I dreamed my eyes had been glued shut by disgusting and twisted flesh/mucus. This morning I woke up and something like scales had been on my eyelids. I rubbed them off, and then I feel like I received the Spirit of Truth, that I had not been ready for yet (could not yet bear to hear).

"even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:17

I am uncertain whether or not these are correlated, but I know that I understand Gods Word! That is comforting.

"Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you." John 14:23-26

Any feedback, from anyone is appreciated.

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Praise be to the Lord Jesus our saviour, you shall seek the righteous path, God bless you for sharing your vision. Stay calm my friend as the scales fall from your eyes the world is how it should be, the anointing of souls is beginning. Praise be to Jesus Christ our Lord and saviour.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Waking up with "glued-shut" eyelids happen occasionally. I think it is related to allergies and seasonal change in some way. I think God used this to teach you something important. Remember and put into practice.

• Useful
Reactions: Victor E.
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Such things always depend on the context of the rest of your spiritual life right now.

God never does just one thing.

My rest is, for the most part, peaceful. I use to suffer from Insomnia, night terrors, demonic oppression, PTSD, Nightmares, Chronic sleep paralysis, Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia due to a generational curse. Now I sleep fine and I'm completely off medication that I was taking for it.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My rest is, for the most part, peaceful. I use to suffer from Insomnia, night terrors, demonic oppression, PTSD, Nightmares, Chronic sleep paralysis, Bipolar disorder and Schizophrenia due to a generational curse. Now I sleep fine and I'm completely off medication that I was taking for it.
That's because the spirit of the Lord is upon you brother. Praise his name

• Agree
Upvote 0

EinsteinsGirl

NEWLY WED! - Child of a Genius!
Feb 5, 2013
✟19,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A dream I had some months ago came true today. I dreamed my eyes had been glued shut by disgusting and twisted flesh/mucus. This morning I woke up and something like scales had been on my eyelids. I rubbed them off, and then I feel like I received the Spirit of Truth, that I had not been ready for yet (could not yet bear to hear).

"even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:17

I am uncertain whether or not these are correlated, but I know that I understand Gods Word! That is comforting.

"Jesus replied, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. The word that you hear is not My own, but it is from the Father who sent Me.

All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you." John 14:23-26

God often uses physical manifestations to speak a spiritual message. It sounds like a veil has been lifted from your spiritual-eyes so you can see clearer in order that you might hear from Him better. Sight (dreams & visions) are directly correlated to "hearing" from God. There is a reason the watchman said he would WATCH to see what God would say:

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved Habb 2:1
This is because spiritual visions/dreams are major ways in which He talks to us

• Informative
Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
God often uses physical manifestations to speak a spiritual message. It sounds like a veil has been lifted from your spiritual-eyes so you can see clearer in order that you might hear from Him better. Sight (dreams & visions) are directly correlated to "hearing" from God. There is a reason the watchman said he would WATCH to see what God would say:

I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved Habb 2:1
This is because spiritual visions/dreams are major ways in which He talks to us
Praise his name, thank you for sharing and giving me hope

Reactions: EinsteinsGirl
Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like your eyes did indeed get opened to many things of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Wow!!!!!

My Ecuadorian wife was somehow told by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to fast and pray for me for
35 days.... and she did it. For four weeks, three days per week..... only fruit juice.... and
Yeshua / Jesus woke her up early and got her to pray for me.....

I was 3000 miles away basking in the most amazing Shalom / peace of mind that I had ever had....
which was such a contrast considering that I had been a mess from 1990 until she began to fast
and pray for me......
That was in the year 2000.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God can give you dreams like this to point you to Christ, because He is the kindest Person you will ever meet. If there are things in your life that you are afraid to open up to God because you are afraid that He will judge and condemn you, then a dream like this can work confidence in you that you can tell the Lord all the secrets of your heart that you would never tell anyone else. You then find that He is a loving and forgiving Saviour who will lift the burden off you and bury those things in the deepest sea of His forgetfulness and set up a sign, "No Fishing". It may be a new discovery that the Spirit of Truth represents Jesus who is the Truth, and Jesus wraps His arms around you and loves you right into His presence to clean out all those skeletons in your closet so that you emerge clean and fresh, ready to serve him with a new energy and purpose.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If we see him in it, then we can hear him speak to us through it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

It is unwise to place dependence upon dreams, impressions or emotions. They are unreliable, and nine out of every ten dreams and impressions come from the world, flesh or the devil. It is possible to be encouraged by a dream or impression, but then dashed down into deep discouragement by another negative and condemning dream or impression.
The only reliable foundation for dependence is the written Word of God, and even then one must study it carefully to make sure that interpretations are made within the textual and historical contexts. Even the devil can quote scripture and quite accurately at times, but when he quotes it, it is not entirely true within its context, period of time, or readership. He can quote scripture that is written for us as if it is written to us, especially OT ones based on Law to give us a condemnation bomb.

When Jesus speaks to us through the Holy Spirit, He is clear and without ambiguity of any kind. This is clearly illustrated when He told His disciples that there is a mansion waiting for them in glory. He said, "If it weren't so, I would have told you." Dreams and impressions can be pretty fuzzy and unclear and most interpretations are stretches of imagination and not the clear word that Jesus would speak to us through the Holy Spirit. When I asked the Lord about dreams, visions and impressions, He told me, "You don't need them. You have My written word, and that supplies everything you need."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums