BeautifulWorshipper

We are the revival generation.
Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I maybe young but it feels like i've been fancying boys my whole life:o It feels like I'm never gunna get a guy becuase i started liking them at a very young age, and im kinda passionate, so i had serious crushes when i was like 8 ^_^

I know dating is preparing for marrige, and I ideally want to get married after university, so i got a while to go, yet I wanna date while i'm still a teenager too:scratch: Gods got a MASSIVE plan for me, so i can busy myself witht hat, its just waiting to be mature enough to date is so annoying when i fancie people and all my mates are dating:sigh: :doh: I don't wanna give my heart away and i dont want my future husband to be one of millions who has had a piece of my heart, i've already made that mistake..but then I want to have a bit of expirience, and to meet some lovely guys ...

Thanks

katie

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes i do get tired of the waiting. It's frustrating to me. I wanted to be married young and be a young mom, now it seems like i'll be neither. I'm not perfect, but i've felt ready to meet the one and share inlife with them for a long time now. I'm 27 so i've been ready to date for a while. Anyways i know i'm "old" but i find waiting for God to put me and a good guy on the same path frustrating.

Upvote 0

alfrodull

Senior Veteran
Jul 13, 2007
✟11,571.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As someone who DIDN'T date in high school, I would advise you to go ahead and jump in, if you feel that God's okay with it.

First of all, many of my friends from high school are currently engaged/married to their high school sweethearts. It's not like something is doomed not to work just because you dated while you were young.

Even if you don't meet your future husband in high school, expectations get much higher once you get college. Most guys, yes, even the Christian guys, expect you to have some experience by then.

The longer you wait, the more you will be tortured by the men you turned down or didn't pursue. Yes, God desires some people to wait until later in life or remain single, but that's not always the case. Pray about it, keeping an open mind, and he'll provide guidance.

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes i do get tired of the waiting. It's frustrating to me. I wanted to be married young and be a young mom, now it seems like i'll be neither. I'm not perfect, but i've felt ready to meet the one and share inlife with them for a long time now. I'm 27 so i've been ready to date for a while. Anyways i know i'm "old" but O find waiting for God to put me and a good guy on the same path frustrating.
Just remember Gods timing is perfect. But I hate having to be pure and wait for the future husband when I could go to the underage club and pull some lads :scratch: I really wanna be pure, and I really wanna wait for my future husband, but I dont want to be single all through my uni years and get married at like 35 ^_^

^^ thanks

Upvote 0

Stratiotes

May 16, 2006
Arkansas
✟16,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It can definitely be hard. I've only dated one girl and I was 20 when I met her. Of course I had a ton of crushes growing up, but I was always torn between "Is this a crush or could I really love her". Like you said, it was kind of hard when all my friends had girlfriends from early-teen years on, but then again, most of them weren't interested in long term relationships as I was. Dating to them was just for fun. They each had new girlfriends every week. I didn't want that.

Just follow your heart. I think you are wise in waiting. That shows a good level of maturity right there.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well God's timing is perfect, but waiting for something you really truly want is very hard. I have no idea if i'll ever get married and that breaks my heart. Don't laugh at those that don't get married until 35. I'll guarentee not many of them wanted it that way.

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well God's timing is perfect, but waiting for something you really truly want is very hard. I have no idea if i'll ever get married and that breaks my heart. Don't laugh at those that don't get married until 35. I'll guarentee not many of them wanted it that way.
I didn't mean it in a horrible way :( Oh no...
But since not having my father around, him not being the father i wish for, I really desire a male influence in my life.. I get some offers, but I just confuse myself in these situations, I wouldnt rule out a relationship at this time...But then I think, whats the point in dating them? Will it be honoring God? Will he be my future husband?

Upvote 0

rifle5k

Apr 13, 2006
tokyo, japan
✟8,566.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I maybe young but it feels like i've been fancying boys my whole life:o It feels like I'm never gunna get a guy becuase i started liking them at a very young age, and im kinda passionate, so i had serious crushes when i was like 8 ^_^

I know dating is preparing for marrige, and I ideally want to get married after university, so i got a while to go, yet I wanna date while i'm still a teenager too:scratch: Gods got a MASSIVE plan for me, so i can busy myself witht hat, its just waiting to be mature enough to date is so annoying when i fancie people and all my mates are dating:sigh: :doh: I don't wanna give my heart away and i dont want my future husband to be one of millions who has had a piece of my heart, i've already made that mistake..but then I want to have a bit of expirience, and to meet some lovely guys ...

Thanks

katie
I had my first crush when I was 8 too...lasted until I was 12 same girl

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't date a guy b/c you want him to be a father figure to you. I would wait until I had dealt with those father issues. Then it can give you a chance for a really really good relationship and not have to depend on a guy to make you feel a certian way. jmo And that may not even be true for you, but if it is- work out those issues first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
i dont like the waiting, but for me, i think it was necessary, and probably still is (maybe a lil). I have grown so much in my faith in the past 5 years, not to mention having a relationship could put serious financial strain on me if i dont play my cards extremely well. But i think im finally ready mentally and emotionally, and im definitely keeping my eyes open and looking.

As far as dating is concerned, i actually discourage it. The only thing that dating adds to good friendship is the physical side of the arena (kissing, making out, holding hands). The infatuation added and the "we're a couple" thing going on only makes it harder to break ties with that person later when u realize (after the one month u knew the person) that they arent going to be a good match for u. Its much easier to judge a person's character in a good running friendship (while not denying interest that u might be considering them a potential spouse). A lot of people would typically call this a form of courting, which it probably is ( i just dont go as far as caring for parental approval).

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't date a guy b/c you want him to be a father figure to you. I would wait until I had dealt with those father issues. Then it can give you a chance for a really really good relationship and not have to depend on a guy to make you feel a certian way. jmo And that may not even be true for you, but if it is- work out those issues first.
I'd like to deny and be like of course not, but I think the way my dad's treated me is gunna stick with me for a long time, and I don't want it to affect my relationships :cry: It already has in a way. But I just want lovefrom a guy, and I try not to act on my feelings for guys because I believe its mostly lust...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cslrwilliams

Jul 5, 2007
Au Sable Forks, NY
✟8,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I am quickly approaching 40 & I am single & YES--IT IS HARD to wait!!!! Yeah God's timing is perfect--but goodness it's not easy!!!

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I loathe the waiting. But it's important. I seem to be with the general conseus here. Sometimes I wish that I were more aggressive about relationships, but then I look at the lives of people who didn't wait and they always seem to wish they did, not that this is a scientific survey, but it does seem to be the general conseus of people I know, so I would wait, and I will wait.

Upvote 0
L

LostFound1986

I sorta didn't read your first post properly at the start, then I concentrated and it instantly clicked; I know exactly how you feel! Maybe evangelicals in England tend to be taught the same kinda thing, but I remember struggling with that whole dating is preparation for marriage thing too.

I would advise you to really not concern yourself with the preparing for marriage side of it while your still young, probably not even during teen years. If you like someone its a good idea to date a while; you're very pretty, I doubt you'll have any trouble! A few dates needn't be a big thing, just keep it fairly casual.

I remember always seriously fancying people and then not being able to handle the dating very well; so I think really its better to work from the ground up; kinda try to not be that serious about someone until you get to know them really well. Once you do date you'll get experience with it etc and will be better in the future.

If you do happen to meet the right guy really early on, don't think its too soon or something, I've got a few Christian friends who have been dating the same people since they were in their teens and its still going really well as they get into their 20s, some of them thinking of getting married now, and some actually have!

Oh yeah and I think I beat you on the age thing...I'm sure I fancied girls before eight, and I apparently kissed someone in my class when I was 6...but I don't remember!

Upvote 0

Sindyan

Jul 7, 2007
Abilene, TX
Visit site
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah and I think I beat you on the age thing...I'm sure I fancied girls before eight, and I apparently kissed someone in my class when I was 6...but I don't remember!
Haha, i beat you! I kissed/made out with a girl when I was 4 and on the bus! I don't really remember her. I know...at the age of 4 I was a wooing machine :) haha jk

But seriously onto the question Yes and No

Objectively I look at my life right now, and I feel like from what I can see...I'm ready for serious dating/relationships that are focusing on the possibility of marriage. I have two years, and than I'll be an RN. That means a very well paid, and steady job. I currently have some what of a social life, and I'm not desiring a girl to make me feel like a man, to make my world perfect, or any of that dreamy, but good feeling, things. I'm 22, I think I am at least...I sometimes forget my own age. In my limited, stupid, and biased wisdom I think I'm finally ready for a serious long term relationship.

But....to recall a really cool quote I heard once time from a young pastor...."We are stupid. HE is smart!"

But, my answer is really yes and no. I don't have the normal
" I want SOMEONE" urge, and the I would tackle a random girl and drag her by her hair back to my Hobbit Hole/Cave urge either.

A part of my heart does desire a "helper" or someone to share my life with. But...I'm at peace with it. I'm a one of a kind type of person, and only another one of kind person would really fit with me.

Haha, one of my black nursing brothers has said "I could see you marrying an angry and strong black women someday"

-Sindyan

Upvote 0