Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hey:wave: DFW area people :hug: ! I'm from Cedar Hill! And I work in Cedar Hill too. I'm a writer. Well tryin' to be, lol. Hey, while I'm at it can anyone recomend a good book on Texas history (when I mean good I mean interesting, I have ADD and thus a short attention span, lol) and a good book on our local history? I want to brush up on both.

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
All of you who live DFW areas, what do you think about gathering. We can set up time maybe we can meet somewhere like at starbuck get a cup coffee or at restaurant for lunch. Anybody agree ? Maybe we can meet new friends that will be fun.

Sounds fun:thumbsup: !

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

Feb 27, 2007
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I live in S. Arlington...on the Mansfield border, and I work by the airport. I will be moving to Euless or the area soon, though.

Nikki

cool:thumbsup: . i had friend who lived where you do now, so i know that area.

Upvote 0

Jerem2911

Jan 19, 2007
✟15,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Nikkilynn,

Sob! I have a lot of friends live in Euless area, even I used to go to my Doctor in Euless.

Hi, Texasbluebonnet

love that name which is famous beautiful wild flower in Texas :) I always dreaming if I can open my own restaurant in my country with use those name. Love Texas !! :)

You are a writer, cool !! Sorry, I don't have reccomendation about the good books though.:( Have you gone to Barnes and Noble or maybe Half price books store even library ?

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

Feb 27, 2007
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Nikkilynn,

Sob! I have a lot of friends live in Euless area, even I used to go to my Doctor in Euless.

Hi, Texasbluebonnet

love that name which is famous beautiful wild flower in Texas :) I always dreaming if I can open my own restaurant in my country with use those name. Love Texas !! :)

You are a writer, cool !! Sorry, I don't have reccomendation about the good books though.:( Have you gone to Barnes and Noble or maybe Half price books store even library ?

Thanks for the compliment on my name. I smiled when I read your comments. It was nice of you to say that. I think that the only people who would really know what Bluebonnet is people from here. I love Texas too! Yay:clap: !

If you want to open a restaurant, you should go for it! I don't know where you are, but I'd come to eat there! :thumbsup: Would you name it Bluebonnet, or what? I think it's a great idea. Yeah, I'm tryin' to be a writer, lol. I've got several ideas in the works right now. I'm really trying to develop more ideas that are set here in this state and in DFW. I want a mixture of historical and contemporary stories.

That's all right. I was just wondring if anyon could recomend something. I will try the libraray. Probably my best bet and if I want the book I read, I'll know what to buy or at least order. Thanks for the idea! I hadn't thought of the library or Half price. That's a good idea too.

I learned some stuff in school, but I feel like I've forgotten most of it, lol! Except for the stories of 5 or is it 10 mile creeks when it rained it used to flood and a story about the Bluebonnet. That was a neat story. I was like 6 years old the last time I heard that story but I still remember it. It's about how a little girl sacrificed her doll for rain and then bluebonnets began to grow. It's called The Legend of the Bluebonnet (I think).

I know I've rambled, but thanks for the ideas and all. PM me anytime! Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Jerem2911

Jan 19, 2007
✟15,224.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Texasbluebonnet

Your most welcome. Spring time coming up,:clap: love to see the bluebonnet blooming. In my area we don't have as much as used to before because more construction works for commercial.

Hmm if open the restaurant I will name Texas Blue Bonnet (carry texas name so people will know it ). and have special chicken fried steak with gravy and fried okra :yum: . By the way I haven't done it for awhile. Try to watch the foods for my weight . I remembered when first time to come to US those my favorite. For me is the best american food ever:swoon: , and bad thing I gained couple lbs. That time I was about getting married in 4 month and my wedding gown won't fit :D . It was terrible, I had to do altered my gown. But the foods was good though.

Maybe if I have enough cash I want start my own restaurant in south east asia where I am from, the difficult thing how do I hire the chef to works there. :scratch:
Why not ! if you have vacation to southeast asia you are welcome to visit.

==Yeah, I'm tryin' to be a writer, lol. I've got several ideas in the works right now. I'm really trying to develop more ideas that are set here in this state and in DFW. I want a mixture of historical and contemporary stories.==

Thats awesome.

If you are thinking to order online, I have an idea for the links that you can go to. if you want I can PM you.

Thats really neat story! I never heard that story before.

Well, its okay to be ramble and it is fun to have something to talk about. You have a bless day. Good luck on your writing.

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey:wave: DFW area people :hug: ! I'm from Cedar Hill! And I work in Cedar Hill too. I'm a writer. Well tryin' to be, lol. Hey, while I'm at it can anyone recomend a good book on Texas history (when I mean good I mean interesting, I have ADD and thus a short attention span, lol) and a good book on our local history? I want to brush up on both.

I was a middle school reading teacher for 13 years. While it may sound a little funny, I would recommend that you go to the library and look in the children and teen's sections for Tx history books. There are many different children's series's and books on the topic and while some are not too great, some of them are really interesting and well written and factual. Especially with adhd, the children and teen books might be more appealing to you. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I'm tryin' to be a writer, lol. I've got several ideas in the works right now. I'm really trying to develop more ideas that are set here in this state and in DFW. I want a mixture of historical and contemporary stories.

That's all right. I was just wondring if anyon could recomend something. I will try the libraray. Probably my best bet and if I want the book I read, I'll know what to buy or at least order. Thanks for the idea! I hadn't thought of the library or Half price. That's a good idea too.

I learned some stuff in school, but I feel like I've forgotten most of it, lol! Except for the stories of 5 or is it 10 mile creeks when it rained it used to flood and a story about the Bluebonnet. That was a neat story. I was like 6 years old the last time I heard that story but I still remember it. It's about how a little girl sacrificed her doll for rain and then bluebonnets began to grow. It's called The Legend of the Bluebonnet (I think).

I know I've rambled, but thanks for the ideas and all. PM me anytime! Have a great day!
I don't know how far back in history you want to go, but there used to be dinosaurs in the DFW area and I have a book about it - http://www.amazon.com/Cretaceous-ai...227328?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173121906&sr=1-12
and there is also http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...0227328?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173121959&sr=1-1

Upvote 0