Anyone from Pennsylvania?

ChristianTeen

livewire sparked
Sep 14, 2003
State College, PA
✟16,432.00
Faith
Methodist
Is there anyone from Pennsylvania? And where exactly are you if so?

I am from a small town 20 or 30 minutes from State College which is in the middle of the state. If you don't know where that is, Penn State University is there. My family moved here this summer. Before we lived in Oil City. That is between Pittsburgh and Erie.

Edit: Sorry I just realized I am in the wrong forum. Please delete or move.

karla

Love God, Serve God
Nov 5, 2002
York, Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟2,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally from Pittsburgh, PA and miss it terribly!

I was living in Lancaster, PA for the past five years, but about a month ago we bought our first home in York, PA. I love the area out here, but miss the Burg although I get back quite often to see family and friends

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
suzie said:
I am from Erie Pa here! I know where Oil City is!!! We are getting our first snow fall here in Erieland today. Well actually the flakes fell once before but we dont count them unless they stick a little..... Good to hear from a "local".
hehe, I have a general direction on where Oil City is, I'm about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh......I usually don't travel north of I-80 so I don't know the area very well......We are having a ton of wind here today, it's shakeing the house (50+mph winds)......and we had the rain/sleet/snow at 5am this morning.....I'm wishing it would just snow, hehe :D

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
doofus125 said:
hehe, I have a general direction on where Oil City is, I'm about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh......I usually don't travel north of I-80 so I don't know the area very well......We are having a ton of wind here today, it's shakeing the house (50+mph winds)......and we had the rain/sleet/snow at 5am this morning.....I'm wishing it would just snow, hehe :D

So, doofus, what's the problem with the area north of I-80. I think it's pretty! :scratch:

:D

Lots of wind in NJ today. I'm still in jammies and my A/C cover has blown somewhere down the street before I could duct tape it!

Upvote 0

suzie

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
✟1,406.00
Faith
Christian
We have the winds here as well. They are really gusting. We had the rain and sleet through the night last night and early morning, and now having snow. Not much is sticking yet, just a bit here and there. Winter has come.

My daughter went to Westminster College which is near Grove City Pa. She had sports injuries and was operated on at Pitts Hospital. We also had friends that lived in Wexford Pa., so we have been in the Pitts area now and then...

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
newlamb said:
So, doofus, what's the problem with the area north of I-80. I think it's pretty! :scratch:

:D

Lots of wind in NJ today. I'm still in jammies and my A/C cover has blown somewhere down the street before I could duct tape it!
Nothing wrong with north of I-80......we used to camp just south of I-80 and had never gone north because there is nothing up there......I-80 is about 2 hours north of me and if I want to see the mountains I can go east 1/2 - 1 hour to see them :D .......I think I'm going to go put the storm window in my bedroom window, it's getting really drafty with all the wind...brrrrr :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IloVermontPSUChristisKing

run.ski.swim.dance.live.
Nov 11, 2003
State College, PA
✟114.00
Faith
Christian
ChristianTeen said:
So do you like this area?

hey christianteen, i'm a pennstate student (senior) and i think state college is a pretty cool place. Of course, nothing compares to my native vermont, but thats just my opinion. I'm used to very small towns, so state college is like a city to me. The towns are pretty small though, if you're 30 mins away in any direction. I'm guessing you'd be in 8th or 9th grade, how is that going at a new school?

Upvote 0

CyphaPSU

Nov 17, 2003
State College
Visit site
✟15,180.00
Faith
Christian
IloVermontPSUChristisKing said:
i'm a pennstate student (senior) and i think state college is a pretty cool place. Of course, nothing compares to my native vermont, but thats just my opinion.
I'm also a senior at PSU, btw...

Also, I love Vermont! I love it so much that I have a sticker on the back of my car that is like the famous "VT" oval sticker, but instead of saying "VT," it is an image of the state map. I love Vermont for one real reason: the SKIING! Plus it's so beautiful there, especially in the winter. I grew up ski racing, so I traveled to Vermont a lot for races throughout my life.

I just wish central PA had mountains like those of the Green Mtns. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0