Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was on FB I was "friends" with the Christian philosopher Dr. Eleonore Stump. She had just finished her book The God of the Bible and the God of the Philosophers, which was based on her presentation at The 2016 Aquinas Lecture at Marquette University. She said they were about to be available for sale, but she had a few copies and would send one if anyone wanted. I sent her a message saying, "Me please!" And, she sent me one!!! I was (am) so pumped!

20191229_193358.jpg

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Or obtained a book that was autographed by its author?
I’ve had quite a few books signed by the author, but all of them sent by mail, never at a book signing. Several have been from my uncle, one from my father, one by the editor of a book to which I contributed an essay, and one from an author to whom I wrote an e-mail telling her how much I liked her previous book.

(Edit: all of these have been secular, not religious books)

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have never attended a book signing, never had the opportunity. Have you Borts? I have only seen book signings on movies, it would be neat to meet an author.
I received a book in the mail recently from someone I know, she wrote about 180 days of 2020 about COVID, it is inspiring, and teaches about trusting the Lord, and making the best of a difficult situation. Love it, I am in June 2020 of the book, more than half way through. (signed copy, she is like an Aunt to me, her sister was my Mom's best friend, and like family)
God bless you Borts, sending a prayer up for you.

Upvote 0