Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I play the guitar and love writing my own songs. I have a few songs I sing in church but due to the constant criticism, I quit singing them.
I was just wondering if anyone else loves to write songs as much as I do, or did?

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone else write music?

music

That felt good. I hadn't written music in awhile :)

I might even write poetry later after dinner!

• Haha
Reactions: RageOfAngels
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I play the guitar and love writing my own songs. I have a few songs I sing in church but due to the constant criticism, I quit singing them.
I was just wondering if anyone else loves to write songs as much as I do, or did?
Awww... :crosseo: bless you sister! .. I hate that envious spirit, that is such a cruel thing to do :hug:

Did you ever manage to record your songs? I would like to listen to them!

Upvote 0

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I write a lot of songs but I can’t sing sadly. I usually write what I’m feeling at that moment whether it would b happy or sad day. I usually write about situations I overcome or I write how God saved my life. I’d like to learn to sing but nowhere to go in my town.

Upvote 0

RageOfAngels

Sep 1, 2017
Sussex
✟43,564.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I write loads of lyrics, and have a tune in my head, but as I can't play for toffee (useless) and can't hold a tune very well, then nothing gets recorded. I have joint recorded 3 songs over the past number of years, but I'd love to do more.
We should all get together and someone should write the words, someone the music, someone should sing it, and a number should play it.
We could then release it and be world famous... or sell 10 copies.
:sorry:

One thing I've learnt is that if you love doing it you do it. Sort of like a hobby. You don't have to be good at it, you just have the desire to continue.
(Which explains why I've written 600+ poems/songs and they're all getting dusty in a cupboard!!!!)

Reactions: AmyPerle
Upvote 0

AmyPerle

Jun 21, 2016
FRANCE
Visit site
✟25,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why did they critic your songs ?
Here's my opinion about it: If they don't want to gear it, fine, don't do it in their churches. But there is still other places and media for you to be able to play your songs.
I know it can seems easy to say, but don't be discourage, and don't quit music because of some feedback. Learn, improve, and share if you feel in your heart to do so.
A music lover :)

Upvote 0