• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anyone else wish they were never born?

David2019

Jan 3, 2020
Utrecht
✟31,309.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Does anyone else wish sometimes that they were never born? Or that God hadn't created mankind at all? I've been struggling with OCD and anxiety for most of my life and I can only seem to have a decent quality of life when I'm on medication. I know Christ for 2 years now, but I haven't experienced that abundant life Jesus offered. For most of the time it's been intrusive thoughts, crippling doubt, anxiety, compulsions and finding reassurance of salvation. I'm grateful that the medication makes me feel more ''alive'' in the way that it deadens the symptoms of OCD, but I still feel empty inside a lot of the time because I feel like I failed as a Christian.

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone else wish sometimes that they were never born? Or that God hadn't created mankind at all? I've been struggling with OCD and anxiety for most of my life and I can only seem to have a decent quality of life when I'm on medication. I know Christ for 2 years now, but I haven't experienced that abundant life Jesus offered. For most of the time it's been intrusive thoughts, crippling doubt, anxiety, compulsions and finding reassurance of salvation. I'm grateful that the medication makes me feel more ''alive'' in the way that it deadens the symptoms of OCD, but I still feel empty inside a lot of the time because I feel like I failed as a Christian.
I have ocd too. Jesus loves you so much and He already saved us at the cross. God is always with us and Jesus can help us overcome. God bless you and Jesus is our Lord and Saviour

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have OCD too and i have felt this way many times , have you had any therapy for your OCD because i think it could help you with your OCD. i am waiting for group therapy myself but CBT can help as well I also have Harm OCD where i think that i am going to harm people , it has some Mindfulness that can help with OCD and It's helped me a lot maybe you could read about Mindfulness in books about from a Christian View of it even try Joyce Meyer She has great books on this, and sometimes she has a tv show where she talks about dealing with your mind , she has many books, and it has helped me greatly And id like to say I am Happy your alive and so is Jesus . Hold on to Jesus because he will never leave you he will Always love you .

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We all fail here and there ... my friend .... just keep getting back up.

You are a precious person ... there will never be another you and the Lord wants you in His kingdom and so do I. Jesus knows what we are all going through .... don't let the devil steal your joy in the Lord.

keep getting up when you feel knocked down .... look forward to seeing you in the kingdom to come ;o)

May the Lord bring you peace to your heart and mind. Amen.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psa 119:130-35 Understanding your word brings light to the minds of ordinary people. I honestly want to know everything you teach. Think about me and be kind, just as you are to everyone who loves your name. Keep your promise and don't let me stumble or let sin control my life. Protect me from abuse, so I can obey your laws. Smile on me, your servant, and teach me your laws.

I used to be very jealous of Christians who seemed to have it all together. I struggled greatly with rejection from people and felt rejected by God. At times I wanted to end my own life. I struggled with thoughts that bombarded me, and accused me of committing "unpardonable sin". I often fell into sin. My quality of life was very low. But now move ahead 10-15 years I am now super happy, have no negative bombarding thoughts of condemnation, and live a good clean life, am married, and have kids.

My advice is to keep God's word as best you can, follow after Him during the hard times, and He will bring you out into rich fulfillment. Just don't give up. Note I was a Christian for my 15 years of struggle. But God has good plans for us all.

• Friendly
Reactions: David2019
Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I struggle with the same issues. God must have had some purpose for my existence but it's something I have to remind myself.
(((((hugs))))Our Lord made you for a reason, and in His timing, you will discover what his purpose for your life is. Remember, you are a child of God Who loves you so very much.

Upvote 0

David2019

Jan 3, 2020
Utrecht
✟31,309.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(((((hugs))))Our Lord made you for a reason, and in His timing, you will discover what his purpose for your life is. Remember, you are a child of God Who loves you so very much.
Thanks for the lovely reply Susie.

Upvote 0

Z3AL

Jan 23, 2021
Småland
✟25,820.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear you're suffering so much. I cincerely hope God gives you the answers you need. I do want say I recognize myself in what you say even though I haven't had these issues as long as you have. I've recently hit rock bottom both mentally/physically and Also spiritually and feel like a total failure but what choice do we have? We still have to wake up every morning and make the most of the given time which is extremely hard with these afflictions.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I used to feel this way. My dad was really heavy on the whole "I wish I never had you and you were never born" sphel. I've sense moved out of my parents house and I'm mostly feeling better. The very fact that God loves me gives me even more hope and reason to be alive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David2019

Jan 3, 2020
Utrecht
✟31,309.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I used to feel this way. My dad was really heavy on the whole "I wish I never had you and you were never born" sphel. I've sense moved out of my parents house and I'm mostly feeling better. The very fact that God loves me gives me even more hope and reason to be alive.

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you're feeling better at the moment. God truly is our Rock.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you're feeling better at the moment. God truly is our Rock.

Its alright it wasn't all that bad. Wasn't my my dads fault he drank a lot from the time I was a kid up until now. Im smart to blame alcohol rather than myself for existing. Alcohol gets people to do and day the stupidest things.

Upvote 0