Anyone else think this life might be hell?

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else think this life/planet might be hell, or even worse, a bottomless pit?(Covid might be a good example of having made a wrong life choice somewhere and entering this new "level" of bottom.)

Just a (not entirely original) thought.

the idea of this life being purgatory or hell has crossed my mind sometimes. I don't know if I can say i believe it, but there are small pieces in my that wonder if it is so...

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else think this life/planet might be hell, or even worse, a bottomless pit?(Covid might be a good example of having made a wrong life choice somewhere and entering this new "level" of bottom.)

The devil is doing his utmost to take the world to hell. But tribulation is all in God's plan, which is salvation. As it gets worse, more people will cry out and repent of their wickedness. God did not give His only begotten son just to abandon His creation. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can't put it out.

So set your mind on things above. The work is plentiful but the laborers are few. And take courage, for he has overcome the world!

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have the response I've been waiting for, quite frankly.

There are some very happy people in the world right now (I know - I've spoken with them), and I can't even comprehend how this is possible without a timeline split.

As one who is very happy let me explain how that can be in a world heading towards the darkness. That is evidenced all around us. Happiness is a choice. As a person who is in Christ and Christ is in me I can be happy regardless of circumstances. What is happiness? It is the joy of knowing Christ and what that truly means. Paul said he counted it all joy when he was persecuted. As a children's song says, happiness is the Lord.

If this were hell I would have know it. When Jesus told the story of Lazarus in Abraham's Bosom, aka paradise, the people there were well aware of not only where they were but where they were previously. If this were hell there would be no one asking the question.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Artorius Lacomus

Sep 10, 2020
Southwest
Visit site
✟18,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

This is not hell nor anything close to it.
We are to give thanks in everything. That was not written for people in hell. It was also written in an era when life was miserable compared to today's luxurious standards so we have much more to be thankful for now than at the time that verse was written. We have progressively more to be thankful for as time goes on which certainly excludes hell where I don't imagine the situation is improving.
Also, if this were hell, none of us would be saved.
Be thankful for all God has given you.

Full Site

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not hell nor anything close to it.

Idk, the world is totally eaten up by vain delusions and enslaved to the sorceries of Babylon.

I suppose when you convince ppl nothing exploded and created everything, and they're living on a spinning waterball in endless space, the rest is just details, evil men waxing worse and worse.

But yes, miracles still happen everywhere, praise God for He is good, and every knee shall bow once His great works are revealed.

Upvote 0

Artorius Lacomus

Sep 10, 2020
Southwest
Visit site
✟18,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's a pretty negative perspective. The Kingdom of God is already here and moving closer each day to total sovereignty in the hearts of all men.

I also find myself being more negative than I think I should be at times and have come to think that negativity is a tool of Satan, who would certainty prefer us to think that way instead of giving thanks in all things.

I also think your post is a little unrealistic. Most people don't believe in a Godless creation even though they may believe in a God-driven big bang. And I don't look around everyone totally enslaved to sorceries. I see good and evil every.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's a pretty negative perspective. The Kingdom of God is already here and moving closer each day to total sovereignty in the hearts of all men.

'The light shines in the darkness' is a statement of fact, evoking an unquenchable light in a vast darkness. Now doesn't the Bible teach a history of devolution, degeneration, falling away etc, punctuated by great salvific moments? Not much point of salvation if nobody's in desperate need.

I don't think the coming of the Kingdom is a gradualist or incremental enterprise according to the Good Book, my friend.

I also find myself being more negative than I think I should be at times and have come to think that negativity is a tool of Satan, who would certainty prefer us to think that way instead of giving thanks in all things.

I concur, we should strive to be of good cheer and to encourage others, a city on the hill and all that.
And the truth is that God's grace, gifts and miracles are in abundance, so we don't really need to worry about tomorrow, just share the glad tidings of great joy for all mankind. But when I see just how corrupt and dark the world, how fallen and lost, how plagued our own flesh, it fills me with sorrow. And that's what I was responding to in the OP.

I also think your post is a little unrealistic. Most people don't believe in a Godless creation even though they may believe in a God-driven big bang. And I don't look around everyone totally enslaved to sorceries. I see good and evil every.

Sorry to say, but if you don't see the world's deep and thorough enslavement to the devil's deceits at all levels, then I daresay you've been drawn in too. And not your fault, we're born into a world of lies. Most Christians will even reject Gen 1 creation account by obfuscating it away from its plain meaning. 'God-driven big bang'?? Talk about eating at the table of angels and demons.

Upvote 0