Anyone else think this life might be hell?

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. This was a recent development for me but i think reality is a boy (the boy is Jesus Christ) locked in a dark basement. I do believe in "Once Saved, Always Saved" but to put it over simply "Only the good die young". There are 7 Churches in Revelation and 7 lampstands. The two churches that got good accolades were the poor church Smyrna and also Philadelphia. There are two witnesses or two lampstands or two churches that are killed and resurrected for the whole world to see (i might be butchering this so read it for yourself). Isaiah chapter 53 (KJV) says Jesus Christ was physically ugly and was a man of suffering.

I'm sure you are familiar with the verse "the first will be last and the last will be first"

Solomon was fallible due to the first chapter of the book of Ecclessiastes, but he did say that God or Jesus Christ dwells in darkness. Don't work too hard.

So are we now doomed? Did we not make the cut? Any way to escape?

Upvote 0

Uriah123

Aug 18, 2020
Lusby
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So are we now doomed? Did we not make the cut? Any way to escape?

I really don't have a good answer for you. You might fall into the category where eternal life is eternal extreme happiness (Isaiah chapter 53 and 54 KJV). Or you might fall into the category like some of the rest of us where its like sitting in a waiting room for most of the day reading mediocre but not terrible Popular magazines. 1st Corinthians chapter 3.

Don't work too hard.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really don't have a good answer for you. You might fall into the category where eternal life is eternal extreme happiness (Isaiah chapter 53 and 54 KJV). Or you might fall into the category like some of the rest of us where its like sitting in a waiting room for most of the day reading mediocre but not terrible Popular magazines. 1st Corinthians chapter 3.

Don't work too hard.

I think you've described purgatory with your waiting room analogy.

P.S. Your sign off ("Don't work too hard"), is interesting. I can't tell if you're asking me not to overthink this topic or to literally not work too hard - ha! ;)

Upvote 0

Uriah123

Aug 18, 2020
Lusby
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think you've described purgatory with your waiting room analogy.

P.S. Your sign off ("Don't work too hard"), is interesting. I can't tell if you're asking me not to overthink this topic or to literally not work too hard - ha! ;)

1st Corinthians 3 chapter KJV is really worth reading. It points to "Once Saved, Always Saved". Matthew chapter 5, 6 and 7 is commonly used to say that we have to work to get into heaven but Matthew 7:11 indicates that if we ask Jesus Christ for something important such as Eternal Salvation, he will not give us something other than Eternal Salvation. 1st Corinthians chapter 3 (KJV) basically says all Christians build on the foundation of Jesus Christ and will remain saved, however i might suffer a loss if i had built my life or built my life structure out of wood instead of brick or gold. Our works will be rewarded if we obeyed to a large extent Matthew chapter 5, 6 and 7 and even the law of the old testament.

It is possible to be very productive without working hard, however i would argue most work is a metaphor for the reality that Jesus Christ dealt with from the beginning. We should work because society expects us to work but unfortunately for me and many of us, extensive humility is the hardest thing for any of us. Self doubt is equal to success but i would argue we should try to thrive off of other People's success. Self hatred makes us Kings and Queens but i believe Jesus Christ wants me and many of us to fail if possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.. well read the promises some day on what your FATHER promised YOU in this world. This world is what happen after Adam and Eve sinned. Sin equals death. Everything is dying. In hell there is no time no space and there is no joy or the like. Here God rains on the just and unjust.

Christ over came this world :) You have His Joy.. you have His peace.. you have His strength... you have His armor. He gave you all authority over the enemy.. and He said "nothing shall by any means hurt you". These promises come by FAITH in His word. Not what you see hear or feel. Not what any man says not even me. If HE said it in HIS word.. He will do it because you area daughter of God.. GOD is your Father.. ABBA

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No.. well read the promises some day on what your FATHER promised YOU in this world. This world is what happen after Adam and Eve sinned. Sin equals death. Everything is dying. In hell there is no time no space and there is no joy or the like. Here God rains on the just and unjust.

Christ over came this world :) You have His Joy.. you have His peace.. you have His strength... you have His armor. He gave you all authority over the enemy.. and He said "nothing shall by any means hurt you". These promises come by FAITH in His word. Not what you see hear or feel. Not what any man says not even me. If HE said it in HIS word.. He will do it because you area daughter of God.. GOD is your Father.. ABBA

If only....

Thanks for your response.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They are many people alive today who would say that they are in a living hell. And the same with yesteryear. Look at the Holocaust for example. Just one example.

Yes. What we are capable of doing to one another is incredible. I wish we were only capable of doing good. Free will can exist, as you get to make choices every day, but you could not create evil. Wouldn't that be awesome? Wait -- that would be heaven. Humph.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else think this life/planet might be hell, or even worse, a bottomless pit?(Covid might be a good example of having made a wrong life choice somewhere and entering this new "level" of bottom.)

Just a (not entirely original) thought.

Uhhh no. There is no support in the Bible for such an assumption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else think this life/planet might be hell, ...

If hell means Gehenna, this is not it, because it is a fire lake, where soul and body are destroyed.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (=Gehenna)….
Matt. 10:28

… Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. If anyone was not found written in the book of life, he was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:12-15

I think this is the first death where everyone dies once.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else think this life/planet might be hell, or even worse, a bottomless pit?(Covid might be a good example of having made a wrong life choice somewhere and entering this new "level" of bottom.)

I had a thought like that in examining the probabilities of various theologies.

Such as what if ... the lake of fire already happened - and this is just some delusional dream to numb the pain.

One possibility - but not the only one.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I had a thought like that in examining the probabilities of various theologies.

Such as what if ... the lake of fire already happened - and this is just some delusional dream to numb the pain.

One possibility - but not the only one.

I just had the thought--within the last 10 minutes, that maybe what sends us to hell is the person who cannot forgive us.

Like what if everybody we've ever interacted with is filed before us and the "cloud" witnesses their reactions and sees into their mind.

Is there anyone that, if we saw again, wouldn't be able to forgive us?

I know this seems to go against the common view of us not being able to forgive others or even our selves, but what about hurting someone so bad that they cannot forgive you.

And it's not so much that they are consciously holding it against us, but they just can't conceive of us being someone in good standing with our Creator Who Is Love, since we displayed otherwise.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I just had the thought--within the last 10 minutes, that maybe what sends us to hell is the person who cannot forgive us.

Like what if everybody we've ever interacted with is filed before us and the "cloud" witnesses their reactions and sees into their mind.

I know this seems to go against the common view of us not being able to forgive others or even our selves, but what about hurting someone so bad that they cannot forgive you.

And it's not so much that they are consciously holding it against us, but they just can't conceive of us being someone in good standing with our Creator Who Is Love, since we displayed otherwise.
Along those lines, it's possible that if we are unable to forgive ourselves - and this unforgiveness takes the form of the person we wronged ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have also had this thought! It's like the collective consciousness decides!

But I've taken it a step further. Slaunder and jealous can make people dislike you and, in this crazy world, cause people to go against you (fame amplifies this). So, even if you love everyone and want to fit in, you could end up on the outside.

So much I can say about this....and I believe you're right!!!

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"This world is the closest thing to Heaven unbelievers will ever experience,
and the closest thing to hell believers will ever know." --Randy Alcorn ;)
Not very often you see someone nail it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This world is halfway between heaven and hell where both good and evil are literally known-and we can decide between the two. Evil originates with disobedience of God, which means to reject God as God, and live as if there is no God. That’s the worst evil truth be known and that’s the world we all live in now, that we’re born into. That separation from God, the Source of our life, is the chief aspect of the state sometimes known as “original sin”. We’re here to develop a hunger and thirst for God, the God that Adam dismissed, and “find” Him, or be found by Him. Hell is the complete absence of God.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have also had this thought! It's like the collective consciousness decides!

But I've taken it a step further. Slaunder and jealous can make people dislike you and, in this crazy world, cause people to go against you (fame amplifies this). So, even if you love everyone and want to fit in, you could end up on the outside.

I suffere

So much I can say about this....and I believe you're right!!!

You should start a new thread on this topic. I know I'd follow it, eager to see how others expand on this idea.

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟55,954.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
19For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that h the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time

Upvote 0