Anyone else read the Thorn in my Heart Series by Liz Curtis Higgs?

princessjenny

Aug 9, 2008
Midwest
✟7,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anyone else read the series by Liz Curtis Higgs which contains: Thorn in my heart, Fair is the rose, and Whence came a prince? I absolutely LOVED those books! I am big fan of historical fiction and I had just recently discovered the Religious Fiction section in my local bookstore and those books were among the first I picked up. I became so very attached to the characters and its impossible not to feel empathy for them as if they were your own family while you read. Especially the character of Leana. If you haven't read these I definitely recommend them. They are romantic and endearing. The author wrote these inspired by the story of Jacob and Essau from the Bible. And as you read the books its very easy to pick up the inspiration.

princessjenny

Aug 9, 2008
Midwest
✟7,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes! I agree! That is the best series I have read in quite awhile. I was first interested because I love historical fiction taking place in Scotland, but these books are addicting, I read the first two back to back then I was desperate to rush to Borders at the first available moment and get the third. haha.

Upvote 0

liesje

Singing in the rain
Aug 30, 2008
✟17,066.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read the first one, and I was like, this is an amazing book but such a sad story, I don't want to read the next one. I couldn't hold myself off for long, and when I had finished the second one I was drooling in anticipation for the third. I nearly fainted when our church library finally got it:D

I shed so many tears during the course of those books, and I learned a lot about myself. To anyone who is thinking about reading them, GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read them and loved them too

I don't usually go for historical romance stuff, but I do like Liz's writing. I was hooked and read each of them very quickly.

Liz's website at one time had pictures of the houses and scenery she talks about in the books. I was intrigued by the cutty stool, and there was a picture of one, as well as a bed and stuff like that. It was great. I dunno if the pictures are still there though.

Upvote 0