Anyone else planning to get the new Animal Crossing game?

brudspirea

Dec 12, 2019
Västergötland
✟11,319.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's coming out on the 20th, and I'm probably a little more excited for it than I should be. It just looks so wholesome.
I played a lot of the prior installment, New Leaf, and I found it to be a really nice bit of escapism, and also a pleasant change of pace from the otherwise intense nature of most media and videogames I consume.
There's been lots of little quality of life upgrades from the previous installment, like heavily improved decorating, including the ability to decorate outdoors and the ability to terraform.
If you're unfamiliar with the franchise and happen to own a Nintendo Switch, I definitely reccomend checking it out. It's very relaxing, there's lots of villagers that can move into your settlement, and they come in such a wide range of types and colors that there's something to suit the tastes of everyone. They have charming and unique personalities, and if you're a collector type there's also a wide range of fish and bugs to catch, which you'll be able to display in a museum. There's tons more to say about it, but yeah!
I'd love to know if anyone else here also has their eyes on it.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm definitely planning to get it, but I haven't yet decided if I will pre-order, wait until release, or sometime later. It is going to depend on how far along I am in the games I'm currently playing so that I don't get distracted by the new thing and not get back to them.

But I LOVE Animal Crossing. I have it for the DS, the 3DS, and also the original Wii, and finding out it would be coming out for Switch in the future was one of the factors that influenced me to finally buy a Switch.

It's really hard to explain Animal Crossing to those who have never played it and some people never seem to "get it" but for those who like games like Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Sims, and various simulation games, Animal Crossing may be a win even though there is much in Animal Crossing that is not included in those other games. It's really very unique!

I'm not typically a huge Nintendo fan. Mario and Zelda kind of fell flat for me, but Animal Crossing is enough of a reason in and of itself to get a Switch just to be able to play it. :)

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I think I will get it. Unfortunately there are no switches to be found at the moment so ill have to wait until they are in stock again. The game looks really fun. :)
My sister told me that we can visit each others games when I get it. :o

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2020
Texas
✟31,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It has been very difficult for me to find Christians who play Animal Crossing New Horizons. Stumbled upon this page today, after searching the internet and social media for a few days. I am a brand new member to Christian Forums. Will be happy to share my Nintendo friend code with whoever wants it. Happy to find this place.

Upvote 0

brudspirea

Dec 12, 2019
Västergötland
✟11,319.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has been very difficult for me to find Christians who play Animal Crossing New Horizons. Stumbled upon this page today, after searching the internet and social media for a few days. I am a brand new member to Christian Forums. Will be happy to share my Nintendo friend code with whoever wants it. Happy to find this place.
That's lovely, welcome to the forums! How have you been liking the game so far? I wish the villagers were a little bit more nuanced, like in older games, and perhaps had more to say. It's great fun, though!
I'm really looking forward to the upcoming winter update. I was inactive for most of fall so didn't get to experience all the content properly. Now I just need to tidy my island up and decorate it for Christmas : D

Upvote 0