Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I admit it, I am a grown up GEEK!

I enjoy collecting Batman and Daredevil the most, they seem the most realistic to me. Daredevil mixes in religious themes many times into the stories, even though they mostly come from a Catholic slant...

My home office looks like Batman has invaded...LOL
w2.jpg

Reactions: *LILAC

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I admit it, I am a grown up GEEK!

I enjoy collecting Batman and Daredevil the most, they seem the most realistic to me. Daredevil mixes in religious themes many times into the stories, even though they mostly come from a Catholic slant...

My home office looks like Batman has invaded...LOLView attachment 192174

Hi DarthNeo,

I'm partially into comic books, but my interest is limited and focused more on the Silver and Bronze Age material, and my semiotic and philosophical handling of the characters is permeated by sociological thought.

Otherwise....I've got a slew of Marvel and DC characters that I've generally enjoyed collecting/reading.

Also, welcome to CF!

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi DarthNeo,

I'm partially into comic books, but my interest is limited and focused more on the Silver and Bronze Age material, and my semiotic and philosophical handling of the characters is permeated by sociological thought.

Otherwise....I've got a slew of Marvel and DC characters that I've generally enjoyed collecting/reading.

Also, welcome to CF!

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Very cool and yeah, I would love to try and write a character that is heavily influenced by his spiritual beliefs and how it would affect his decisions, but in a allegorical, CS Lewis way...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very cool and yeah, I would love to try and write a character that is heavily influenced by his spiritual beliefs and how it would affect his decisions, but in a allegorical, CS Lewis way...

Well....if you can outdo Bibleman, then you'll be onto something. :D

:confused:

breakingdisobedience_dvd_lg.jpg

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So, how do you like Netflix's handling of Daredevil? My son and I have watched the two seasons they've presently have out.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well....if you can outdo Bibleman, then you'll be onto something. :D

:confused:

breakingdisobedience_dvd_lg.jpg

Yeah BIBLE MAN is a bit too direct to me and I don't believe a lost person would ever pick it up. I want to write something that a lost person would enjoy reading and not even realize at first what the ultimate goal is, to expose them to Christ...

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So, how do you like Netflix's handling of Daredevil? My son and I have watched the two seasons they've presently have out.

I believe Daredevil on Netflix is one of the best comic book representations of any character ever, big screen or Tv...

I watched the first season twice, need to watch the second season again.

I thought Jessica Jones was VERY slow and way too sexual in the early episodes. I was watching at the gym when I was on the elliptical bike and turned it off because of a sex scene (again, I'm NOT a prude but it was unnecessary)...

I really enjoyed Luke Cage and am enjoying Iron Fist right now too...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe Daredevil on Netflix is one of the best comic book representations of any character ever, big screen or Tv...

I watched the first season twice, need to watch the second season again.

I thought Jessica Jones was VERY slow and way too sexual in the early episodes. I was watching at the gym when I was on the elliptical bike and turned it off because of a sex scene (again, I'm NOT a prude but it was unnecessary)...

I really enjoyed Luke Cage and am enjoying Iron Fist right now too...

I had the same experience with Jessica Jones. I watched, I think, what was about the first 20 minutes, until there was the sex scene (which was definitely unnecessary). And at that point, I realized that even though JJ is supposed to be a tie-in to Daredevil, I couldn't appreciate the character because I didn't really know who she was, to tell you the truth, and what I saw during those 20 minutes bored me to tears.

I did watch the first few episodes of Luke Cage. I thought they were generally alright. And I have yet to watch Iron Fist.

On the WB, I do watching the Supergirl series very much, especially since it's done 'cleanly.' I tried Arrow, but couldn't get into his character, and I've only watched one episode of the Flash, and I thought it was generally ok.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I read a lot of japanese comic books aka manga. I'm currently readying Jojo's bizarre advanture: Steel ball run and it's freaking amazing.

Never heard of those but will be looking them up to see what they are all about...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I see the word "comic", I'm reminded of my childhood reading alot of Archie comic books. Nowadays, I'm aware of how much comics are out there and it can be quite mind-boggling! I tend to zone out but Flash sometimes catches my interest on tv. Arrow they've ruined but I was interested in for a little while. Meh, easy come, easy go. Yep. That's all I got. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Braydeno

Jan 24, 2017
bc, canada
✟15,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whenever I see the word "comic", I'm reminded of my childhood reading alot of Archie comic books. Nowadays, I'm aware of how much comics are out there and it can be quite mind-boggling! I tend to zone out but Flash sometimes catches my interest on tv. Arrow they've ruined but I was interested in for a little while. Meh, easy come, easy go. Yep. That's all I got. :sorry:
i was juust about so say archie comics^^^^^ i got a drawer about half filled with archie comics. sadly I've never really been into any other comics except for archie, and thats it :p.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Arrow actually got better this season while Flash turned into a soap opera, but hey, it's the CW, everything is aimed at chics...HAHAHA!

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Arrow actually got better this season while Flash turned into a soap opera, but hey, it's the CW, everything is aimed at chics...HAHAHA!
Maybe that's what it is! Us chicks love our romcoms. I especially liked the musical recently on Flash. That was impressive!

Reactions: DarthNeo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still have all my comic books from childhood, about 25 long boxes, mostly Golden, Silver and Bronze age. I stopped collecting in the early 90s, picking up issues here and there. I started buying again a few years ago, mainly finishing up my collection and buying mostly independent titles. Have a nice retirement fund here LOL

Upvote 0