Grenoble
✟59,621.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello brother and sisters in Christ, I hope you are all well.

I was wondering if anyone can relate to what I’m going through.

I lost my grandpa in 2015 and it hurts the same as the day he died, I’m still in shock, he lived with my family and I, he was a second day to me not a grandparent whom u rarely see. A week later my dog ,who I had since she was a puppy , started having very strong seizures and started forgetting who I was I’d watch her pace back and forth for hours, 2 months later she died. Then in 2016 my uncle whom I saw all the time got diagnosed with cancer, it was hard seeing him like that and then a couple days after my bday in feb 2017 my uncle died of a heart attack suddenly in my grandmas house , we rushed over and I spent that night and 2 weeks at my granndmas house to make sure she would be okay, she was suicidal one night and I had to run and block the door she had her keys and kept yelling for me to move she didn’t care anymore, my grandma is very young, 62. She was always a best friend to me and I’d do anything for her, I would protect her from everything I could.

Well the thing that breaks my heart is she doesn’t appreciate me and she puts me through verbal abuse, her sister who is my aunt gets very upset that she treats me like that. My grandma says very harsh things and a day after my uncle died she described to me in detail how he looked and what he was doing when he died( I was only 15 at the time) well years later, actually yesterday I told her how it hurt me and she yelled at me saying oh who cares what she’s been through , that I’m too sensitive and that she won’t talk to me ever again then. One time she asked me if I even miss my grandpa because I don’t talk about him, the reason I don’t talk about him is because I will break down if I do. There are soooo many more countless times she has treated me like this ever since 2015 it’s been nonstop. I’m worried about what all of this is doing to my mental health. I just can’t fathom how she can treat me like this after everything I’ve done for her out of love. She’s even said to me “ ha ya right what have u ever done”

I think I may have ptsd because whenever she talks about going to visit the funeral I just shut down and am quiet and can’t talk or I;l cry.

Some days I sleep in so late because of terrible nightmares where, my grandpa and uncle will be alive then they will get ill and start to die, or ill know the whole dream that they are going to die. I’m 18 years old and so sad , some days I’m happy but my heart is heavy

I am praying for u all May Jesus Christ keep you all safe, healthy, and joyful much love to u all

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've been slightly depressed since age 7 and went through so much during my childhood and adult life, that I still struggle with depression. A few weeks ago I told my daughter that I think I have PTSD. But I have God in my life and He helps me. It's about 6:30 AM here and I just took my trash out. A beautiful surprise outdoors --- it snowed and the snow is clinging thickly to all the branches! The sky is still dark but the outdoor lights are making a beautiful contrast between snow and darkness. It's postcard gorgeous!:clap:

I thank God for brief moments like this.

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟59,621.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been slightly depressed since age 7 and went through so much during my childhood and adult life, that I still struggle with depression. But I have God in my life and He helps me. It's about 6:30 AM here and I just took my trash out. A beautiful surprise outdoors --- it snowed and the snow is clinging thickly to all the branches! The sky is still dark but the outdoor lights are making a beautiful contrast between snow and darkness. It's postcard gorgeous!:clap:

I thank God for brief moments like this.
Hello dear friend, I appreciate you replying. I am sorry to hear about your depression.
Amen The Lord is such a strong tower. Wow that sounds absolutely gorgeous

Upvote 0

Natalie De La Fontaine

Aug 5, 2019
Grenoble
✟59,621.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please try to read the Lord's word on a daily basis even if it's just a short sentence for 5 seconds. In there you will find solutions and healing. God bless :crossrc:[/QUOTE

hello dear friend,

thank you for ur message yes you are so right I do that and it helps so much , May The Lord bless u

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to find Jesus as your friend, not only your Saviour. The good thing of getting to know Jesus is that He always listens to our complains and often got good advise in how to overcome troubles.

Jesus lives in every believers heart. You can access Him through The Word in the Spirit of love. Heed Him and let Him comfort you with your distress.

Tell Him all about your hurts and pains and let His loving truth comfort you from Above right within.

If you need a place to vent or find support we have a depression forum. The meeting place of this place is on the following link. You are most welcome to give or get support there.

what are you feeling right now? (24)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I lost my grandpa in 2015 and it hurts the same as the day he died, I’m still in shock, he lived with my family and I, he was a second day to me not a grandparent whom u rarely see. A week later my dog ,who I had since she was a puppy , started having very strong seizures and started forgetting who I was I’d watch her pace back and forth for hours, 2 months later she died. Then in 2016 my uncle whom I saw all the time got diagnosed with cancer, it was hard seeing him like that and then a couple days after my bday in feb 2017 my uncle died of a heart attack suddenly in my grandmas house , we rushed over and I spent that night and 2 weeks at my granndmas house to make sure she would be okay, she was suicidal one night and I had to run and block the door she had her keys and kept yelling for me to move she didn’t care anymore, my grandma is very young, 62. She was always a best friend to me and I’d do anything for her, I would protect her from everything I could.

Well the thing that breaks my heart is she doesn’t appreciate me and she puts me through verbal abuse, her sister who is my aunt gets very upset that she treats me like that. My grandma says very harsh things and a day after my uncle died she described to me in detail how he looked and what he was doing when he died( I was only 15 at the time) well years later, actually yesterday I told her how it hurt me and she yelled at me saying oh who cares what she’s been through , that I’m too sensitive and that she won’t talk to me ever again then. One time she asked me if I even miss my grandpa because I don’t talk about him, the reason I don’t talk about him is because I will break down if I do. There are soooo many more countless times she has treated me like this ever since 2015 it’s been nonstop. I’m worried about what all of this is doing to my mental health. I just can’t fathom how she can treat me like this after everything I’ve done for her out of love. She’s even said to me “ ha ya right what have u ever done”

I think I may have ptsd because whenever she talks about going to visit the funeral I just shut down and am quiet and can’t talk or I;l cry.

Some days I sleep in so late because of terrible nightmares where, my grandpa and uncle will be alive then they will get ill and start to die, or ill know the whole dream that they are going to die. I’m 18 years old and so sad , some days I’m happy but my heart is heavy

I am praying for u all May Jesus Christ keep you all safe, healthy, and joyful much love to u all

Your grandmother reminds me of my mom.
Saddens me saying that.
Her and I have had a rough life together.
She can be pretty mean and abusive.
I keep coming back to the relationship.
Wish to try and stay on good terms.
Don't know when one of us will be gone?
I clean my side of the road.
Trying to stay off her side.
Guess it's between her and God.
Keep loving them ---
although it can very hard at times.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Matthew 24:13
But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

As I read your post, I can see you have endured a lot of things in your life, expecially for the last 5 years. Give God the credit----as iI did for my endurance over the losses of my wife and then my son many years ago and then my parents more recently. Above all--read His Word for the Peace you must desire.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, I just noticed that you live in France! I was in Nice in 1964 (only overnight) and we drove through part of France into Geneva (another night's stay before heading back to Germany). My uncle was married to a French woman and they lived in the U.S. She passed away ftom cancer several years ago. Her daughter went to France to work for Disney. A couple of years ago her daughter also died of cancer. :(

My family was mostly hateful people on my mother's side. When they pass away it's so sad that that they didn't have Jesus. It's so much better to have a loving, forgiving heart. So I can't relate to your sorrow in the same way; instead I always had a longing for the relatives to be forgiving and loving. My life has to be one of love and forgiveness towards others. That's how God keeps me going.

May God bless you!

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Hi Natalie, many people go through similar experiences. At least with Jesus you have the great Comforter. I divorced in 1996 and my ex took the kids and refused to tell me where they were living. It was 15 years before I saw them again. It took a miracle for me to find them. I was suicidal for a time.

In this kind of situation, we can only trust God to work it out. We need to ask God to heal the hurts that we've suffered. We also need to forgive those who have hurt us. That seems impossible at times. How could I forgive someone who snatched my children from me? I was blessed to have a friend who had been even more badly treated. The Lord showed him the key to forgiving those who hurt us. May I suggest that you read this article: Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

I can promise you that Lord Jesus can heal your hurts, if you will let Him. He will open your eyes to see why your grandma is the way she is. She is hurting too and she is taking it out on you. Lord Jesus will use you to help her once you are free from hurts yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

GBY dear sister. Family can often treat us harsh and not in a Christ like way, and this emotional abuse can cause mental illness into our later end of our lives if we don't get it treated. I recommend seeing a christian counselor. If you cannot find a christian counselor, find a psychologist (preferably a female), that can counsel you. I like christian counselors that are training in basic psychology better than psychologists, some psychology is actually damaging. I do find that psychiatry is a more solid science. But yeah, it's good to open up here. But you will need a long term solution. Maybe ask your church, if they recommend any christian counselors. Or look in the internet for some. If there are none, try a psychologist. I hope this helps, I pray the Jesus comforts you in this hard time. Take care.

ps....I really love twitter, so much.....there is genuine community. I love that here too, but in the debate sections you can run into rude skeptics, on twitter you can just block them outright. here they have an ignore feature that does not really block them.

but anyway, it was really encouraging in my faith to see other on fire believers...
I really invest into the younger generation on twitter, I see a zeal and a fire and a love that I had lost decades ago, so in trying to reignite my passion I followed several of them, here they are
Twitter people I follow:
Grayson Bearden (@GraysonBearden) | Twitter
Michael Perrotti (@pike_merrotti) | Twitter
Rylee Praytor (@rcpraytor) | Twitter
coffeewithrach (@coffeewithrach) | Twitter
Micah Davis (@micahidavis) | Twitter
ally yarid (@allyyarid) | Twitter
Ian Rinken (@Ian_Rinken) | Twitter
Elizabeth Louise Faddis (@elfaddis) | Twitter
Yvonne (@lovey_doveyy) | Twitter
Shane Pruitt (@shane_pruitt78) | Twitter
Nadia Louise Thomas (@nadialthomas) | Twitter
Michala (@Michalawhite_) | Twitter

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello dear friend, I appreciate you replying. I am sorry to hear about your depression.
Amen The Lord is such a strong tower. Wow that sounds absolutely gorgeous
Hi; great reference there to Proverbs 18.10: "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

check out this video:

Upvote 0