• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Anybody's a cartoonist, a amateur one?

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Crafts' started by Sillygeezer10, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Sillygeezer10

Sillygeezer10 New Member

+1
    Atheist
    I'm that sort of person who loves satire and cartoons.
    I've started in 1997 and drew 2000 cartoons since. But they're not you'd call christ centered or pro religion. Far from it. It's pretty anti christian or secular.
    But I ask you a question are you a cartoonist?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. nothing2123123

nothing2123123 Member

+0
    Calvinist
    Private
    Wow! 2000 is alot! Would you care to share any? Why do you do anti christain type stuff?

I do some occationally. I go thru stages. Im more into animation tho. I just get a bit lazy... I should do some more tho. What do you use to ink it? I find just black felt tips end up being easiest. Ink and nib and all that just makes it harder and it doesnt look much better - although you do feel more professional.

3. 2Bhumble

2Bhumble Veteran

+49
    Christian
    I do spot illustrations in a cartoon format for clients' websites or advertisements etc. I'll draw in ink, scan and color on the computer.

4. nothing2123123

nothing2123123 Member

+0
    Calvinist
    Private
    Oh nice! I just dont have motivation to do anything... where can I get some?

5. Sillygeezer10

Sillygeezer10 New Member

+1
    Atheist
    I use all sort of pens but my trademark depiction is Black and white. The Reason I do anti christian cartoons because it's fun to do something that's different.
    Indian Ink is the most fun of mediums. It's gorgeous.

6. LadyLuck

LadyLuck Member

+5
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Republican
    I do little cartoons about life in general. I have two different series in the works. One's about life as a teller at a back (doesn't sound exciting, I know) called "the F district" and the other is called "Lady J and the Toe Heads which is about my adventures being a sahm to two little boys.

Here is crude version of the F District.

[​IMG]

7. Joseph E.

Joseph E. Jesus is Lord

+46
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I am no cartoonist or anything like that. I was wondering if one of you can draw a cartoon of me. I was wanting to use it as my avatar here. My picture is in my profile. Please PM me for information.

8. nothing2123123

nothing2123123 Member

+0
    Calvinist
    Private
    Lady Luck... thats so cool. Very origional. I would love to see a bigger version where I can read it.

In my animation course were doing some comic book art soon. Should be fun.

9. The Seb

The Seb Active Member

+12
    Christian
    Single
    yay i am not the greatest cartoonist in the world but i am currently writing a super hero comic called pyro penguin, its actually more of a comedy than anything :yum:

10. meselfs

meselfs Member

+5
    Non-Denom
    US-Others
  11. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+5,052
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I like drawing superhero-type figures, though I don't limit myself to the super-muscular. I like to bring variance to their skeletons and musculature so it portrays some of their personal qualities. I did "The Trumpeter" seen at the gallery of my hobby homepage, http://www.christianforums.com/users/118925-albums1161/ for my oldest daughter. It is sort of "Star Wars" meets "Pilgrim's Progress."

The standard issue armor exceeds that of Ephesians, alone.
    • The final weapon of Ephesians 6 is "prayer," so the helmet of Salvation includes an earpiece-antenna.
    • We walk by faith and not by sight [2 Corinthians 5:7], so the helmet includes a visor completely covering the eyes.
    • The shield of Faith is invisible because "...faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see [Hebrews 11:1]."
    • The earpiece, right thumbnail and right toebox are painted red because we are "...a royal priesthood, ... [1 Peter 2:9]"
    • There are so many descriptions about the sword of the Spirit [a lamp, Psalms 119:105; living, active, sharper..., Hebrews 4:12] that makes a laser sword quite fitting, though it does not sever its opponent as "we wrestle not against flesh and blood..."
    There are many more articles found throughout Scripture, but you get the idea.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  12. Sabertooth

+5,052
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  13. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ephesians 6 is a great passage about the armor of God!

You are good at illustrating!

14. Sabertooth

+5,052
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    FYI, Ephesians 6 corresponds to Jesus' armor given in Isaiah 59:17.

He wears
    • the breastplate of Righteousness,
    • the helmet of Salvation,
    • Vengeance as clothing, and
    • the cloak of Zeal.
    We certainly may not wear Vengeance [per Romans 12:19], but God has shown me that we ARE allowed/invited to wear the cloak of Zeal! [see Matthew 22:37-38]

The necklace (above) is from Proverbs 1:8-9,

"My son, hear the instruction of your father,
    And do not forsake the law of your mother;
    For they will be a graceful ornament on your head,
    And chains about your neck."

and Proverbs 3:21-22,

"Keep sound wisdom and discretion;
    So they will be life to your soul
    And grace to your neck."

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  15. faroukfarouk

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Great verses there; and I'll have to study Isaiah 59.17; thanks!

There is a thread here someplace started by a woman who is a Christian Samurai warrior; a bit like your warrior figures that you have drawn.

16. Sabertooth

+5,052
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  17. faroukfarouk

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
  18. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat Living in the Misinformation Age Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter

+7,923
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I was a aviation cartoonist in the Navy. I did airplanes. For fun I still do personified airplane characters. Here a Crop Duster dreams about a pretty Navy girl. Chester 2.png

Attached Files:

19. faroukfarouk

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Still keeping up the good work...

20. faroukfarouk

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I must say I did enjoy Tom and Jerry cartoons... :)