Anybody notice that creationist Buddy Davis keeps announcing "dinosaur bone" finds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThouShaltNotPoe

Learn whatever I can.
Mar 10, 2013
U.S.
✟441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I heard him on a radio interview today, so I don't have a ready citation---although he has lots of his rubbish online, including (he said) a Youtube video of his recent Canadian expedition which brought back over 100 pounds of DINOSAUR BONES. Notice that I didn't say "dinosaur fossils", but actual BONES!

Yes, somehow he claims to have found NON-FOSSILIZED dinosaur remnants almost everywhere he looked!

Of course, in the months since his expedition, this paradigm changing discovery has, strangely enough, NOT been heralded as the greatest breakthrough discovery ever announced by "creation science". I wonder if those evil conspirators who control the media and all universities have "buried" this exciting discovery of dinosaur remains which are SO RECENT that the dinosaur bones haven't even fossilized yet.

However, Buddy Davis is already soliciting donations to help FORCE the world's atheist scientists to take his amazing discoveries seriously.

(Perhaps we could organize a fund-raiser----for science education in our schools.)

==> If you haven't heard of Buddy Davis, you might want to check out his "Creation Adventure Team" video on Potholer54's channel:

The Creation Adventure Team - YouTube

2011 Golden Crocoduck award begins here - YouTube

He's got a catchy theme song for his kid's video, teaching children to believe that the earth was created 6,000 years ago in six 24hour days. Truly, that song could stay in your head, rotting your brain, for days on end.

troodon

Be wise and be smart
Dec 16, 2002
University of Iowa
Visit site
✟17,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No. But I notice that verysincere's mea puppets keep starting endless new threads with a question rather than just continuing other discussions and it's getting a bit annoying.

:cool:
He's/she's/they're very inquisitive.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, somehow he claims to have found NON-FOSSILIZED dinosaur remnants almost everywhere he looked!
So?

If you think he's wrong, go check it out for yourself, instead of moaning & groaning about it.

But you won't, will you?

This is typical of you Internet scientists.

You moan & groan that we don't have anything in the way of evidence, then when someone does claim to come up with something, what do you do?

You continue to ridicule.

It's not what we say that matters, is it? it's what we are that you guys don't like.
However, Buddy Davis is already soliciting donations to help FORCE the world's atheist scientists to take his amazing discoveries seriously.
Why don't you let the "world's atheist scientists" worry about that on their own?

They don't need you to cheerlead for them, do they? or have the spirits of [friends] Herod & Pilate returned?

After all, there's nothing like a good online science forum to unite the two, is there?
(Perhaps we could organize a fund-raiser----for science education in our schools.)
You don't need to. I'm forced to pay out-of-pocket for your Godless halls of lower aceldama to teach our children evolution, sex, and deep time; so they can be properly equipped to have an innate [but dormant] disgust of Young Earth Creationism when they graduate.
==> If you haven't heard of Buddy Davis, you might want to check out his "Creation Adventure Team" video on Potholer54's channel:
I've met the man in person; and he didn't have to act like Sam Kinison to get his points across.
He's got a catchy theme song for his kid's video, teaching children to believe that the earth was created 6,000 years ago in six 24hour days.
Unlike your Sam Kinison impressions?
Truly, that song could stay in your head, rotting your brain, for days on end.
Maybe it brings out the rot that is already there, lying dormant since the day you graduated?

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's not what we say that matters, is it? it's what we are that you guys don't like.

Wrong, it is what you say. That may not be as satisfying to you emotionally, but it is the truth.

You don't need to. I'm forced to pay out-of-pocket for your Godless halls of lower aceldama to teach our children evolution, sex, and deep time; so they can be properly equipped to have an innate [but dormant] disgust of Young Earth Creationism when they graduate.

There you go again. I think what you are doing is misinterpreting derision for disgust.
I've met the man in person; and he didn't have to act like Sam Kinison to get his points across.

Ah, I see why you are getting all upset. Your pal is being held up as a joke.

Maybe it brings out the rot that is already there, lying dormant since the day you graduated?

Is this the real AV1611VET showing through? One hopes not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

NiceGuyAtheist

.....instead of moaning & groaning about it.

This is typical of you Internet scientists.

....have the spirits of [friends] Herod & Pilate returned?

I'm forced to pay out-of-pocket for your Godless halls of lower aceldama to teach our children evolution, sex, and deep time....

Fred Phelps? Is that you? Westboro Baptist Church?

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
(I have no idea why I defend AV1611VET all the bloody time.)

JustMeSee said:
Other than the wise words from VerySincere (and his colleagues), I am getting extreme pleasure from seeing AV's panties getting in a wad. I don't recall him ever being this far over the edge.
NiceGuyAtheist said:
More of that good Christian love I keep hearing about.
NiceGuyAtheist said:
Fred Phelps? Is that you? Westboro Baptist Church?

Guys ... atheists, particularly "internet atheists", have a bad reputation for being insufferably smug and "circle-jerking".

You aren't exactly helping dispel that reputation.

Also, NiceGuyAtheist, why would you delete a comment because you you felt it would contradict your username, only to add two more contradictory comments? :p

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Truly, that song could stay in your head, rotting your brain, for days on end.
More of that good Christian love I keep hearing about.
Fair enough, NiceGuy.

It bothers you that A ridiculed B and I defended B by pointing out that A could have been mistaken, because he's been programmed to think otherwise?

How should I have responded, making the same point, but without losing any of this 'Christian love,' you keep hearing about?

Just pretend you're me, and respond as you think I should have -- but in your own words.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Guys ... atheists, particularly "internet atheists", have a bad reputation for being insufferably smug and "circle-jerking".

Also, NiceGuyAtheist, why would you delete a comment because you you felt it would contradict your username, only to add two more contradictory comments? :p

No, that particular phrase is only properly applied to so called "creationist journals". Atheists try, or they should at least, to debunk creationist claims with real science, also known as peer reviewed science. Peer review is a very important process since it exposes your ideas to attacks from experts. If you can withstand the attack of experts the odds are much higher that you are correct.

If you purposely avoid peer review it is highly indicative that the author knows that his work will not hold up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

NiceGuyAtheist

So NotedStrangePerson's point is that I'm just as much of a hypocrite as AV1611VET?

OK, if that makes you feel better, I'm fine with that. Or do you insist on a double-standard?

But excuse me for thinking that the Christians claimed to know MORE about love for others than those "circle-jerking" atheists. [Boy, I hope you don't kiss your kids with that same mouth that is capable of saying such things! You've made a former sailor blush! Wow! The last time I heard a woman use such language was an off-limits tavern in Port Morseby.]

It's funny how the rules I had to agree to for signing up to ChristianForums included no foul or obscene language. But on my very first day here, a Christians lady (!) calls me a name I haven't heard since I was in the Navy! (You Christians are one tough bunch. And as NotedStrangePerson informed me, behavior that is fine between Christians is prohibited for outsiders.)

Message received.

Madame, I bid you adieu.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's funny how the rules I had to agree to for signing up to ChristianForums included no foul or obscene language. But on my very first day here, a Christians lady (!) calls me a name I haven't heard since I was in the Navy!
If you're referring to "circle jerk," circle jerking is when a group with a common bond holds each of its individual members up in esteem that is higher than they are worth, so as to create a false sense of reinforcement.

In reality, the whole is less than the sum of its parts, but they are made to feel equal or superior to another group of its kind, by virtue of the fact that they are receiving group reinforcement.

Many people who audition for American Idol fail the initial try-outs because they are made to feel that they are above their contemporaries in their hometown.

I've seen the judges tell people their music instructors need to be fired for giving them a false sense of security.

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
NiceGuyAtheist: This is the first time we've met and you've already put me (or at least threatened to put me) on your ignore list. I didn't particularly want to offend you - I suppose "echo chamber" may have been a less vulgar term than circle-jerk - although I am somewhat surprised someone who has been in the navy would be galled so easily. :p

Also, you've only just joined the forum today - you can hardly complain that the christians on CF are a "tough bunch" who have different rules for outsiders as they do for each other.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.