• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Anybody Else Tired of Christmas

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Stancet, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Stancet

Stancet Member

+147
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I am not known as a grinch during the Christmas season, and normally I enjoy the season very much. However, I have a million things to do, more and more people to entertain and I've stepped out of my comfort zone by getting a catered meal. We haven't even roasted the bird and I'm already looking forward for Christmas to be over. But in all honesty I have nothing against the spirit of Christmas, just the consumerism.

Anybody else feeling the same way or predicting you'll feel it soon enough?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,717
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private

3. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,126
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    I haven't cared less about it in years. It's way too much hype for one day that is almost certainly Biblically incorrect anyhow.

4. CodyFaith

CodyFaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,052
    Canada
    Baptist
    Single
    Nope. I'm one of very few nowadays who actually considers it to be the actual day of birth of Christ. No need to debate me, as I've heard all the counter position's reasonings in times past.

I've had many blessed Christmas's in my lifetime, and too many memories and nostalgia to deny the blessedness of the days/season. I understand we all come from different walks and all have different experiences of Christmas, however I'd encourage those who doubt it's validity of a blessed Holiday from God to at least be open to the possibility and not harden their hearts.

In either case, we aren't to judge our brothers/sisters in Christ on what days they do or don't observe.

But honestly, I love Christmas.

5. Paulie079

Paulie079 Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,758
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I really enjoy Christmas as well, but I do understand and can even feel a bit of the sting that some might feel more strongly over the holidays. It can be a tough time for a single person, especially the older you get, because it is all about spending time with family. You see it on commercials a ton especially this time of year. But there are some who don't have a lot of family or do long for family of their own. And still others may struggle because they have soured relationships with family members. I also do understand that Christmas can be hectic for some as well. Some people have multiple Christmases every year and it can be difficult to find time to sit down and enjoy it. My prayer is that for those who may struggle on different levels this time of year, that you might be encouraged that we are celebrating the coming of Jesus to this earth where he would deal with the same struggles that we deal with this time of year. I find it to be a bit of a comforting thought at times.

6. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,794
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't have an issue with christmas. Or any holiday for that matter. Is december 25th really when Christ was born? Probably not. But its too late to really change when we celebrate his birth so its a non issue for me. I think it is important that we have a date where we can all gather together and celebrate Christ outside of our hopefully daily celebrations. Of course most people don't even talk about Jesus on christmas but if it helps people perhaps think of Jesus when they normally wouldn't then I don't see the issue with that.

7. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,338
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    The consumerism is a nice distraction from seeing all the not-single people announcing their engagements and pregnancies and how their kids are getting bigger.

8. mojoboy31

mojoboy31 Kitchen Ninja

+5,286
    Non-Denom
    Single
    This thread should be called, "bah humbug", "Scrooges anonymous" or "Grinch's Unite" :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Swan7

Swan7 Made in the image of His Grace Supporter

+7,252
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I don't know how Christmas is even Biblically incorrect. If one is speaking about the day, then yeah, I have to agree. However, the concept of "how to be to one another" is ever more present during this season, in some cases. I'm not talking about going shopping because during this time people seem to act like animals for sales....

Anyway, the concept is there, but should be expressed in every season rather than just one. And yeah, I do enjoy the season for scenery and getting together with family I don't get to see all the time. At the same time however, there's a part of me that can't wait for all the busyness to be over and done with. So many birthdays are coming up, and on mine... I just want to sleep! Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. sundewgrower

sundewgrower Well-Known Member Supporter

+618
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Engaged
    I see a lot of consumerism. I think it's over hyped and in the USA there's not a lot of time off--just a ton of buying gifts and going all out.

11. Multifavs

Multifavs Knightess Supporter

+8,206
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    I'm not tired of Christmas at all. I love Christmas and the weeks leading up to it. Definitely my favorite time of the year. :)
    What I am tired of is all the stores/companies being ready for Christmas as early as September-October just to get more of our money.

12. Travelers.Soul

Travelers.Soul Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover

+8,651
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I hate the consumerism but I LOVE the season and the reason we celebrate. It's true Jesus probably wasn't born on the 25th of Dec but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy celebrating his birth and incarnation. And for all of those who dislike Christmas maybe you should try celebrating the incarnation on another day. Nothing says you have to rejoice at the coming of the Messiah on the 25th of Dec. Frankly it sounds like you might have taken on too much. Putting too much stress on yourself is one way to totally crush your joy no matter what time of year it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Saucy

Saucy Fear is faith in the enemy. Supporter

+15,197
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Christmas is one of those things steeping in paganism and biblical untruths. I love the holiday and the feel around the season, the music, the time with family, etc, but of course, we know Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. It was another opportunity the Catholics took to Christianize the pagans by taking one of their holidays and making it Christian. Also, all the events we celebrate at Christmas didn't happen at one time. The wise men coming to see the baby Jesus didn't happen until a while later. It took at least four months to travel from Babylon to Jerusalem according to a verse in Ezra, but it took them time to get from the east to where Jesus was. Then there's the bit about the Christmas tree and wreath being both phallic and pagan symbols. Truth being told, there's nothing Christian about Christmas.

But, that goes into my response to the OP. You seem to be putting undue pressure on yourself. You don't have to engage in the consumerism involved or entertain more and more guests. If that's bugging you and stressing you out, do something else. Go on a vacation like Kevin McCallister's family. Ask another member of the family to host this year. Throw a smaller party. Designate only a certain amount of money to spend and don't go over it. You're in charge of how you do up Christmas.

14. Swan7

+7,252
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Wow, this was really misconstrued. If you have anything else to say Saucy, please do so by PM from now on... This place seems so infectious making such posts directed at me personally.

15. Saucy

Saucy Fear is faith in the enemy. Supporter

+15,197
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  16. Swan7

+7,252
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Ok, I think I read that really wrong and I am sorry about that @Saucy.

17. radhead

radhead Contributor

+567
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    The theologian Friedrich Schleiermacher wrote a great mystical essay in 1806 about Christmas Eve that captured the spirit of Christmas unlike anything outside of Charles Dickens or John Wesley. Both of them were true Christians in my definition. Though I know that this is primarily a fundamentalist forum, I would encourage anyone to read the essay. Open your heart to the Christ-spirit within.

18. radhead

radhead Contributor

+567
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I have never understood these kind of statements. I have always felt a good spirit about Christmas. I think that traditional Christianity is actually wrong in it's interpretation of the Bible. So it would be more accurate for someone like yourself to say that Christmas is "incorrect" according to your particular denomination. Because to me, the pure message of the Bible is "Love". Anything outside of that, or which tries to diminish the message of love, is evil.

19. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+9,116
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I love Christmas! I don't care about presents and materialism, I love the time spent with my family setting up our tree, eating good food, listening to cheery music, enjoying a warm fire, cruising around town and looking at the different light displays, and then most importantly: going to Mass at midnight on Christmas morning to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus.

BOOM.

[​IMG]

20. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+5,052
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    The best Xmas I had was in the Middle East. We need to keep xmas festivites "under the radar" so it was very modest. The most thing we did was spend time with friends, no xchange gifts, just eat outside, take a stroll in the bay and watch movies in the barracks.

I think the Western xmas festivities is way overdone. Far too much emphasis on $$ and vanity.