Anybody else feel odd compared to the world?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure we all heard it, people claim that Muhammad was a man of great moral standards, and is revered to be greater than Jesus according to Muslims, that the religion was spread by peace.

But as I read their sources, (The Quran). I am getting a completely alternate story about Muhammad, and Allah, he is no where close compared to Jesus. And Allah hates the Jews and Christians in the Quran, what God all of a sudden changed his mind and wanted us dead? Yet the world sees Islam as a harmless religion thats about peace, yea the Saudis are just taking verses out of context when they behead the apostates and they go ahead and blame the Jews for ISIS when it was leaked that the Islamic leaders and even Imams funded terrorist groups.

So the world still sees Islam (Talking about the religion here not the people) as peaceful.

Yet the world bashes Christianity over again with the Crusades, the British Raj, the KKK when these things goes directly against the teachings of Jesus. Complete hypocrisy. Some how they even add in the Confederacy and slavery. Do they not read our book or am I blind?

Other than that we are told that we believe in mere fairytales, when history confirms the Bible. Along with these strange new age occult crap coming out which people somehow find trendy.

Then we got these new doctrines of man with the sinners prayer, and prosperity gospel and people think they are saved by saying a prayer or donating money. Yet millions of people accept this stuff coming from a man on TV rather than what the Word of God says. Where in the Bible does it say a prayer saves?

Has Logic flown out the window?

Last edited:

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What logic got to do with bias.

Do remember this is a spiritual battle with the devil doing all he can to keep people ignorant of spiritual reality.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,816.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure we all heard it, people claim that Muhammad was a man of great moral standards, and is revered to be greater than Jesus according to Muslims, that the religion was spread by peace.

But as I read their sources, (The Quran). I am getting a completely alternate story about Muhammad, and Allah, he is no where close compared to Jesus. And Allah hates the Jews and Christians in the Quran, what God all of a sudden changed his mind and wanted us dead? Yet the world sees Islam as a harmless religion thats about peace, yea the Saudis are just taking verses out of context when they behead the apostates and they go ahead and blame the Jews for ISIS when it was leaked that the Islamic leaders and even Imams funded terrorist groups.

So the world still sees Islam (Talking about the religion here not the people) as peaceful.

Yet the world bashes Christianity over again with the Crusades, the British Raj, the KKK when these things goes directly against the teachings of Jesus. Complete hypocrisy. Some how they even add in the Confederacy and slavery. Do they not read our book or am I blind?

Other than that we are told that we believe in mere fairytales, when history confirms the Bible. Along with these strange new age occult crap coming out which people somehow find trendy.

Then we got these new doctrines of man with the sinners prayer, and prosperity gospel and people think they are saved by saying a prayer or donating money. Yet millions of people accept this stuff coming from a man on TV rather than what the Word of God says. Where in the Bible does it say a prayer saves?

As for Islam, I think it attracts more men than people think because of the men who like to lord it over women, even want to abuse them with impunity.

If you feel "out of it" in the world that is good. The Bible tells us to be "a peculiar people" and "set apart." The word holy, which comes from the Hebrew word kodesh, means set apart. Also, sadly, the Messiah said that only a "few" would take the straight and narrow path to Heaven. So you definitely don't want to be part of the majority.

The thing is, though, I think there are many traditions of men in mainstream Churches today that no one thinks of as being occultist or pagan. Like Christmas and Easter. No way does the Bible ever say the Savior was born in December or even in the winter. As for Easter it is named after a pagan goddess, Ishtar, whose symbols were the bunny and the egg. Its date is set by the Roman Catholic Church and never falls on the true Resurrection Day. For just one of several reasons it is not the true day, it follows Passover and Passover, like all the Biblical high holy days, is based on a lunar, not solar calendar. That means it could never fall on Sunday every year.

I won't even get into Halloween celebrations in many Churches, or the Sabbath.

What I am trying to say is, yes, let's stick to the Bible. All of it.

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Where in the Bible does it say a prayer saves?

That would be James 5:15. ;)

Yet the world bashes Christianity over again with the Crusades, the British Raj, the KKK when these things goes directly against the teachings of Jesus. Complete hypocrisy. Some how they even add in the Confederacy and slavery. Do they not read our book or am I blind?...

But I know what you are saying about the perception many people seem to have concerning Islam...and Christianity. The answer is that a certain political faction deliberately mischaracterizes the issue as one of race or xenophobia or hypocrisy (or all of the above) for the purposes of political advantage.

Upvote 0

AnglicanPeace

Feb 11, 2018
Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Islam is a protected religion while it's open season on Christianity in the name of worldly pursuits like money, empty socializing, consumerism, and status. I think that's because Christianity is seen as a "white" religion and Islam is seen as a "brown" religion. So there's Islamophobia but not Christianophobia, sometimes not even atheistphobia or even anti Semitism. There's a push in the West to turn against dead white males. In America, statues are being destroyed or replaced. There are people who don't want to become stoics because stoicism supposedly endorsed slavery. But Islam doesn't?? Islam is racist too. Ethiopians are treated terribly in Saudi Arabia. Women are used as pawns in all of this. Sexism is only important if there's also racism, in order to create a laundry list of grievances against the West. If it's Islam, many people could care less about the woman hating.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Personally, I don't feel odd about any of that, at all.

Because it's really a matter of where one can look at a thing from, in contrast to where one often does.

"Christianity" is often opposed, for example, largely because those opposing the "Christianity" of one person or another, too often do so based the oppposer's belief that "actions ("works") speak louder than words" (so called "professed faith").

Far too many "Christians" themselves have this "show me your works" misunderstanding towards one another.

To such people in general, be they "Christian" or not, religious groups who appear to place a high emphasis on "works" appear "holier" to them.

I've long lost track, for example, of how many former Roman Catholics I have met, upon my having asked one person or another why they had converted to Islam, and their answer was something along the line of "because I found its' testimony through actual works, much more consistent in its practice, than when I was Roman Catholic."

One I recently spoke with told me he converted to Islam because he was so impressed that the Islamist he converted for had been very set in her insistence that she would only date and or marry, someone who was Muslim, and that had really impressed him.

They do look holier than thou, in their long robes, and so on. To one another, and to many an outsider looking in.

I don't mean that as a mockery, rather as an observation of the kind of perception people apply to all that.

Speaking of "works based" confusion (for that is what it is) I once had some Mormons offer to paint my porch free of charge (during an attempt on their part to evangelize me).

As I was already very well aware of what was actually prompting that in them - their "works based salvation" - I was able to deal with them on that, based on the book of Galatians (which was written to address the Galatians having allowed themselves to being too easily swayed to falling from their prior understanding of what Christ alone accomplished in their stead, see Gal. 3:1-3, and also verse 6, for example).

Again, even most "Christians" go around looking at the "salvation" of others based on their "works."

Can you really expect the non-Christian to know better, when even many within Christianity have yet to sort out the fact that there are two systems in the Bible - Law and Grace, let alone, why there are two, and how the one operated, in contrast to how the other one now does?

Personally, I would not be surprised if some of these "works based" salvationists come out of the woodwork to post their usual "works based" confusion.

Again - given that kind of confusion within Christianity itself, can one really expect those outside of it to have at least that much right?

Nope.

Nevertheless, Romans 5: 6-8 - in each...our stead.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do westerners convert to islam?

Muslims know what they believe and are geneally pasionate about there faith.

They generally live out there faith and are willing to talk about it.

In contrast most Christians do not know what or why they believe, do not follow Christian morality and are unwilling to talk about Christianity.

If you know muslims, at work, in shops etc talk to them, ask if they are 'muslim'?
Ask if they know they are going to paradise/heaven?
Most will not be sure.
Talk about Adam and Eve, how many sins did they commit to get expelled from Eden? How many good deeds had they done before and after there one sin?
Ak about how they dressed themselves? Tell them about God providing garments made of skin.

To talk about the gospel ask about Abraham sacrificing his son ( the quran mentions this but is silent as to which son, so say Abrahams son )
Tell the biblical story Abraham, son plus servants journey to the hill morah, servents left behind and told the two would return.
At the point of sacrifice God stopped Abraham and provided an alturnative, a ram.
Ask what does the story teach us?
Most will reply obedience, point out about the provided sacrifice.
In both stories an animal had to die in order that God could provide for or be worshipped and several thousand years after Abraham another sacrifice was made to deal with sin.
We cannot deal with our sin, but God can.

Upvote 0