Jan 25, 2015
Indiana
✟15,197.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Mum is in hospital with an infection, dehydration and blood sugar levels of 29.9 yesterday and 20.4 today. She has always been so good and on an even keel so I am not sure what has happened :(

I have been a diagnosed Type 2 diabetic since the mid-nineties. I have never known of anyone have BGs this low. The lowest mine have ever gotten has been in the mid-sixties. One thing diabetics have to remember is that anything (dehydration, illnesses, high blood pressure, etc.) can send BGs out of whack. Diabetes is also unique to each person. It may cause problems with your kidneys, heart, nervous system, etc. People don't usually die of diabetes, but from the complications it causes in other organs.

Diabetics should be aware that not only physical illnesses can send you off kilter, but mental problems can also. My BGs are mostly high, but I found some books that helped me with my problem. Overcoming Overeating by Lisa Morrones and Who Switched Off My Brain? by Dr. Carolyn Leaf. Lisa Morrones is a physical therapist and Dr. Leaf is a neuroscientist. I have found that after reading Dr. Leaf's book that I have been more aware of my thoughts and choices. Since working on my thoughts and choices, my BGs are coming down.

If you would like me to pray for your Mother, please send her first name (God will know who she is) and I will put her on my prayer list.

Yours in Christ,
Thelma

Upvote 0