Any Trads, left here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are there any Traditionalist Catholics, left here in OBOB, besides myself. (Trad, as in those who go to/want to go to the Traditional Latin Mass)? Anywho, I might as well give my mind about some things. I'm debating on whether or not to buy a Traditional Latin Mass missal,
Here's a Link: "The New Marian Missal"

Any thoughts or opinions, or will I be ignored or ragged on for like the TLM? Besides, I'm trying to purchase this in preparation for my first TLM, So it's not like I don't experience the NO. I'm trying to get directions for my nearest TLM, however that'll take lots of prayer and effort, as because I SUCK at navigation with directions!

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would not call myself a "trad" but I enjoy the Traditional Mass.

We used to go to a very untraditional Catholic Church that was close to home. We did not go to church every week and we had no problem with watching shows with some inappropriate contentography. We had friends that believed that there is 'good' magic and that there is 'bad' magic. We believed we were the regular type of Catholic that did not murder rape and pilage and so we figured we were all set for heaven.

We had a church environment that had no kneeling or pews. Confession was only on Saturdays for maybe an hour if a priest showed up. But I do not think even 2% of the church did confession. The Priest practiced "general absolution" for some time until he received a notice from the Bishop advising that he was not following the precepts of "general absolution" and so he must stop immediately. We even had that posted in our weekly newsletter. When Christmas came the DRE (director of education) thought it would be cute to have a baby girl doll for Jesus in the crib for the night the three wise men came. In our conversation at one of the recitals she told me that the Catholic Church needed to change it's doctrine on priests regarding women not being eligble. That we have a lady at the church who is being called to be a priest and the church will not allow it and that the Catholic Church needs to follow suite with the Episcopal church.

I guess many Catholics today are of this same "modern" thinking?

The thing is my wife and I were blessed with the Holy Spirit becoming very active in us both and giving gifts like knowledge. In the last few years we have learned that the Catholic Church has held true to all the teachings of the Apostles in both written and oral form. We learned that magic is always evil in nature. We learned that women priests have always been something against Jesus teachings and that Pope John Paul II had given an apostolic letter advising the same. We learned that "general absolution" should only be given when a normal confession is not possible and that even if "general absolution" is given that the recipient need go to confession as soon as possible. We learned of many sinful things that we thought were not. We learned our so called "modern" church was actually teaching sinful things as being good. We discovered that the only solution for us to go to another church that did not teach such things as the previously mentioned. That this so called "modern" or "liberal" Catholic Church stuff was really the works of the devil in disguise, because they do not conform to the teachings of the Catholic Church and only succeed in allowing sin.

So, we went to many churches in our area until we found one that is "traditional". All I can say is "What a Blessed Relief". Today my wife and I are very active with our children's education and insuring they are taught correctly from the Catechism. I have started steps of my own for the permanent Deaconate since I see a need for our Church to have more people that have the Church's well being at heart and not their own selfish desires.

Am I a "Trad" I do not know. That sounds too "liberal" or "modern" for me. But I am a Tradional Catholic I hope and I am proud to be one.

Shalom

Jack

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
Are there any Traditionalist Catholics, left here in OBOB, besides myself. (Trad, as in those who go to/want to go to the Traditional Latin Mass)? Anywho, I might as well give my mind about some things. I'm debating on whether or not to buy a Traditional Latin Mass missal,
Here's a Link: "The New Marian Missal"

Any thoughts or opinions, or will I be ignored or ragged on for like the TLM? Besides, I'm trying to purchase this in preparation for my first TLM, So it's not like I don't experience the NO. I'm trying to get directions for my nearest TLM, however that'll take lots of prayer and effort, as because I SUCK at navigation with directions!

Buy the one from Baronius Press. It is a far superior version, if a bit more expensive. I've had mine for a year or two and love it.

Looks like they're coming out with a Moto Proprio edition. :)

Upvote 0

Horizonol

Aug 28, 2007
A monastery
✟8,037.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Buy the one from Baronius Press. It is a far superior version, if a bit more expensive. I've had mine for a year or two and love it.

Looks like they're coming out with a Moto Proprio edition. :)

I have one from that publisher as well and it's excellent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
The one I use is one that my Methodist grandmother rescued from the curb in Corpus Christi while visiting my aunt in 1974 or so. She called it a Catholic Bible and was a bit confused as to how it was used. At the time I was going through RCIA and was confused myself, but she wanted me to have it. Flash forward a few years and I get to use it regularly, though with it being a 50's era Missal, I would like one from 1962. I think I'm going to get a Baronius when I get things more squared away. I thank God for His Providence, though, that he prompted her to not feel right leaving it to be thrown away by a neighbor. 30 years later it has really fed me spiritually.

Neal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.