Any tips on going from a high sugar lifestyle to a low carb diet without getting blood sugar crashes

Moonhart44

May 4, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Your body has had an addiction to sugar for almost your whole life. You are going to have to be strong and not let it stop you. Maybe you are searching for someone to tell you its okay to not put too much effort, but I am here to say keep going unless you are diabetic/a serious medical condition. One day you may even reread this and realize how strong sugar controls you. i remember just going and getting candy and just blocking every single thought because i didnt want to think about how i wasnt supposed to do it. and still believed because i was thin i was healthy. also you should stick to a more paleo and less keto diet. low glycemic carbs can help you transition better, like sweet potatoes. carbs are important, but not in excess

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Your body has had an addiction to sugar for almost your whole life. You are going to have to be strong and not let it stop you. Maybe you are searching for someone to tell you its okay to not put too much effort, but I am here to say keep going unless you are diabetic/a serious medical condition. One day you may even reread this and realize how strong sugar controls you. i remember just going and getting candy and just blocking every single thought because i didnt want to think about how i wasnt supposed to do it. and still believed because i was thin i was healthy. also you should stick to a more paleo and less keto diet. low glycemic carbs can help you transition better, like sweet potatoes. carbs are important, but not in excess
I remember when I was younger using sugar substitutes and gradually cutting them down. It took weeks and now I don't like the taste of sugar anymore. :)

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

Moonhart44

May 4, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I remember when I was younger using sugar substitutes and gradually cutting them down. It took weeks and now I don't like the taste of sugar anymore. :)
thats great youre at that point. I have a major problem with sugar. i mean ill go for a while without it and then break. but its good that youve gained that bonus of sugar tasting too powerful now :v

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
thats great youre at that point. I have a major problem with sugar. i mean ill go for a while without it and then break. but its good that youve gained that bonus of sugar tasting too powerful now :v
I had to use sugar substitutes first coffee with sweeteners and the I would cut down the sweeteners very slowly. It was a long haul. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0